Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Wrist Cutting - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wrist Cutting (1806 Views)

Portable Blood Pressure Monitor for Home or Office Use / Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? / Do You Support Female Genital Cutting ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrist Cutting by thando(f): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2008
Re: Wrist Cutting by nana(f): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2008
huh
Re: Wrist Cutting by opokonwa(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2008
I wonder why poster seems interesing in wrist-cuts and wrist-chopping?
Re: Wrist Cutting by thando(f): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2008
damn somebodi answer the question. first off do ppl undastand the question
Re: Wrist Cutting by ifyalways(f): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
what was the question again
Re: Wrist Cutting by babsongudus: 9:52am On Dec 24, 2008
im afraid this reporter sef na OTOKOTO2; hand chopper. se iyen na ba e so ni. ti o ba fe je owo o je lo si cementry ki o lo exhume oku then u can have access to chop chop the whole body.
Re: Wrist Cutting by TOYOSI20(f): 4:58am On Dec 25, 2008
thando:

knowin wristcutting is one of the leading ways that people take they lives.somebody asked me y is that when somebodys hand is chopped in the wrist area they don't die. think sierra leone congo liberia years back

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, Im i the only one confused here shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wrist Cutting by mohawkchic(f): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2008
thando:

knowin wristcutting is one of the leading ways that people take they lives.somebody asked me y is that when somebodys hand is chopped in the wrist area they don't die. think sierra leone congo liberia years back

~I'd Rather Not!! My people didnt have a choice in having their wrists chopped off!!

~I very much doubt Wrist Cutting is associated with Africans!! having said that,Hardly any Nationality is immune to this disease!!

~If it is,Its prolly swept under the carpet for i havent heard of it Ever!!Heard of Suicide by other means like Poision !! Wrist cutting   undecided
Re: Wrist Cutting by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 28, 2008
Lol.@ confusion above.
I think what the poster meant to say or ask is, why don't people who have had their hands amputated,(eg as was done in sierra leone to war captives),why don't they die, seeing as how the mere slitting of a wrist can lead to death?
That's what I think the post can be interpreted to mean. As for what the answer to the question is:
Re: Wrist Cutting by iice(f): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2008
For a minute there i thought the poster meant slitting as in wrist slitting.
Re: Wrist Cutting by mohawkchic(f): 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2008
thando:

knowin wristcutting is one of the leading ways that people take they lives.

somebody asked me y is that when somebodys hand is chopped in the wrist area they don't die. think sierra leone congo liberia years back

fellis:

Lol.@ confusion above.
I think what the poster meant to say or ask is, why don't people who have had their hands amputated,(eg as was done in sierra leone to war captives),why don't they die, seeing as how the mere slitting of a wrist can lead to death?
That's what I think the post can be interpreted to mean. As for what the answer to the question is:

~Maybe if it was pharsed better there wouldnt be any confusion deriving the point of the Post!!

* The Red Highlighted bit  is stating a fact that People do Self -harm by either cutting their wrists or other parts of their bodies on Purpose!!

*Refrence point to people having their limbs off?Self harm people do it on Purpose & then there are the victims who didnt have a Choice!!

*The Blue Highligted statement queries why is it Some people whose wrists are "Chopped off"  in the wrist area . . . examples being war victims . . .didnt die!!! 

~I can't answer that,don't know why but they are survivors!!

~This i do know,some people who self harm by cutting their wrists,do cut deep,bleed out & die eventually  . . . sometimes!! A Lot of War Victims whose limbs & wrists were hacked off did die!!
Re: Wrist Cutting by mohawkchic(f): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2008
iice:

For a minute there i thought the poster meant slitting as in wrist slitting.

~Me & you Both!!
Re: Wrist Cutting by naijaking1: 3:07am On Dec 29, 2008
@Poster
Your question is an interesting medical school question. I remember that issue during one of my 2nd year rotations. Wrist cutting is a very common form of suicide attempt. I will try not to teach people suicidal techniques on the pages of this thread, but cutting or slitting a small artery and washing it off continously interfers with the blood clotting mechanisms. The result of interupted blood clotting is continous bleeding, and the patient has a tendency to bleed to death.
However, after amputation for whatever reason(religious, surgical, trauma, etc) the arteries and veins form clots that naturally plugs the hole created. The result is that patients rarely bleed to death, because blood loss is hemostatically controlled by natural mechisms. The exceptions maybe patients with inherited bleeding disorders such as hemophilia, or patients who took aspirin within the past 7 days.

(1) (Reply)

Miracle: 57 Year Old Woman Delivers Baby In Nigeria / 100% Pure Coconut Oil / Where Can I Get Organic Bitter Apricot Seeds/kernel In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.