Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? (1058 Views)

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes / How Alcohol Affects The Body / Does Alcohol Affects The Brain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? by ayeakamara(m): 12:36am On May 19, 2013
Good day Nairalanders and doctors in the house. I'm a bachelor and I do my cooking myself because I don't like buying food outside. But each time I'm cooking I'm always afraid of cutting the onions because it tends to hurt my eyes while cutting it. But I don't have choice than to cut it and put it in my food because I like onions and its always presence in my foods.

Lately I am feeling some kinda pains in my eyes, sometimes my eyes are heavy and I will feel like closing it/sleeping during the day. Water drops from my eyes each time I lie down in my bed (mostly at nights) which make me ask this question; does cutting onions often affect the eyes? (I don't know what hurts the eyse while cutting onions, maybe its the fragrance who knows) lease I need a urgent reply. Thanks in advance
Re: Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? by greatgod2012(f): 12:50am On May 19, 2013
See an optician, you may think the itching/pain is as a result of slicing onions and it may not be, the itching or pain may be a symptom of an underlying eye problem, so, it'll be wise for you to see a eye doctor, hes the one in the right position to tell you what actually is wrong with your eyes.

Pls, desist from self medication or "trial and error" about your eyes, see an optician.
Wishing you goodluck.
Re: Does Cutting Onions Everyday Affects The Eyes? by vallycan: 5:09am On May 19, 2013
It's gud for d eyes in fightin germs,itchin,pains,an worms but bad for d nose

(1) (Reply)

Please Help! How Do I Treat A Chronic Urticaria / 19 Best Benefits Of Mangosteen For Skin And Health / HIV - AIDS - Symptoms, Facts, Prevention & Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.