Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How To Overcome Divorce - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Overcome Divorce (563 Views)

10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Divorce by sidespin: 4:22am On Jan 07, 2014
HOW TO OVERCOME DIVORCE

One night during a very cold winter, I had just gone to bed & pulled the covers up. I was appreciating the cozy warmth of my bed, & had almost fallen asleep when a telephone call came: ‘’Pastor, do you know who this is?’’ ‘’Of course I do. I married you & your wife!’’ I replied. ‘’I have tried for 2yrs with all there is within me to make our marriage work but it is not working’’ he said. ‘’Tonight we had a big argument & we finally decided to separate. We’ve already divided our assets. But there’s just one thing, we want a blessing from you. We were married with your blessing & want to be divorced with your blessing’’

What a position for a minister to be in, to bless them in marriage & now to bless them in divorce! I replied, ‘’Can you wait till tomorrow?’’ ‘’Pastor,’’ he said disappointedly, ‘’Tomorrow will be too late. We’re leaving each other today. We don’t want you to preach to us. It’s too late for that. We’re beyond that now: but just come & simply give us your blessing so that we can be divorced.’’

I crawled out of bed & went into the living room. In my heart, I was angry at Satan. ‘’This is the work of the devil,’’ I thought. ‘’It is not the work of the Holy Spirit.’’ As I began to pray, my spirit rose to the 4th dimension, the spiritual realm. I knelt down in the quietness of the night & closed my eyes. I visualized the cross of Jesus where every need was met through His shed blood. By the help of the Holy Spirit I began to visualize this family restored & their marriage renewed. I envisioned a clear picture of this & prayed, ‘’Oh, Father, make it happen just like that.’’

While I was praying, I was touched by the faith of God in the name of Jesus Christ this entire situation was changed in the spiritual realm. I saw it & I believed it as I prayed, then I went to visit the couple.

They were living in a very luxurious apartment with every convenience one could wish for. But when I walked in, I felt an icy chill. I felt the hatred that existed between that couple. You know, you can have all the material goods of this world, but if there is hatred in your family, the wealth of material goods means absolutely nothing at all. They are not a blessing.

As I came in, I found the husband sitting in the living room. His wife was in the bedroom. As soon as I walked into the living room the husband began to speak in a derogatory manner about his wife. His wife then rushed into the room saying, ‘’don’t listen to him! Listen to me.’’ Then she began out against her husband. As I listened to the husband, everything he said seemed to be right. Then as I listened to the wife, everything she said seemed to be right. Each was right in his own eyes. Both were right & I was sandwiched between.

Both said they were completely finished in their marriage. ‘’don’t pray for us,’’ they kept repeating. ‘’Just pray for our divorce.’’ But in prayer, I had already overruled the 3rd dimension of their world by seeing in the 4th dimension & praying in faith that this marriage was healed. Being confident that I had heard from the Holy Spirit about them, I took the hand of the husband & the hand of the wife & I spoke, ‘’In the name of Jesus Christ, I command Satan to loose his hold of hatred in this couple. & in this moment, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I command that this 2 be melted together again. Let their hearts be melted & rejoined in love & harmony instead of going through with a divorce.’’

Suddenly, I felt a warm drop fall on my hand. When I looked at the man, he was crying & I saw his tears had fallen on my hand. I thought, ‘’Praise God! It is working!’’ when I looked at the eyes of the wife, I could see that her eyes were watering also. I drew their hands together & said, ‘’What the Lord has joined together, let no man or circumstances divide.’’ I stood up & said, ‘’I’m going.’’ Both of them followed me out to the gate, & as I left they both said, ‘’Goodbye, Pastor.’’ ‘’Praise God,’’ I said. ‘’It works!

The next Sunday, both of them were in the choir & sang beautifully. After the service, I shook their hands & asked the wife, ‘’What happened?” “Well, we don’t know,” she answered. But when you said those words & gave such strong commands, we felt something break down in our hearts. It was as if a wall had been destroyed, & we were shaken. When the wall was destroyed, we began to feel that perhaps we should try once more, together. After you left, we spent the night unpacking all of our things. Now, when we think of it, we cannot understand why we argued so much & why we were going to separate. Now, we love each other more than ever.’’ (David Yonggi Cho)

(1) (Reply)

Some Things A Christian Must Believe / Sex Before God's Service??? / Should Children Of God Cohabit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.