Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:13 AM

Video:Mad Woman Delivers Baby In Rubbish Dump On Christmas Morning - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Video:Mad Woman Delivers Baby In Rubbish Dump On Christmas Morning (593 Views)

Man Dies In Condom Machine Robbery On Christmas Morning / Man Kills Live-in-lover On Christmas Day, Flees / 18-year-old Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Video:Mad Woman Delivers Baby In Rubbish Dump On Christmas Morning by spinna: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrW9v_9uXPw

For four years, she was known to wander the streets of Mushin Local Government Area Lagos State.

She slept on the road, ate from bins and went about in tatters.

People noticed her protruding belly Some months ago, and dismissed it as fibroid growth.

However, on the morning of December 25, 2013 the woman, who identified herself as Amudatulai, a native of Ibadan in Oyo State, went into labour and self-delivered a baby girl as residents watched in awe.

Those with shops near the woman heard her screams around 6am that Cristmas morning... when they tried to take her to a hosital she refused.

In fact no one was with the insane woman when she actually delivered but she was assisted with the after birth prcedures by a midwife.

After her delivery she was sheltered along with her baby in a shop on the street.

The dimly-lit wooden structure had a mattress and a mosquito net for the new baby.

excited residents gathered round the shelter to catch a glimpse of the baby and give her money.

Upon being asked Amudatulai how she felt about her new baby, and the attention she was getting.

She said,

"I am so happy today. I know my portion is joy in this Lagos. And my joy will not end..."

At this point, she began to rave and abuse a woman beside her, asking for papers to show ownership of an unidentified portion of land.

Eyewitnesses said she immediately named the baby girl Mariam Olorundamilare Odunayo (Olorundamilare, means God has given me the victory, while Odunayo means, the year of Joy).

A resident, who identified herself simply as Mama Adoyo, said Amudatulai delivered the baby by the dump site situated along the newly-tarred road.

She said, “I have known her for a long time. She used to sit and sleep on that road. When we saw her protruding stomach, we didn’t know she was pregnant. We thought it was fibroid. But around 6am on Wednesday, she was crying and screaming

“I later moved close to her and when I saw it was labour pains, I asked her to let us go to the hospital, but she said no,

“I kept my eyes on her as she was screaming. Suddenly, the baby came out. We didn’t know on time, but a driver who was passing by called our attention that we should move closer to her because she had given birth.

“We had to quickly call a nurse who came to cut the placenta. The nurse later injected her and cleaned her up.”

Mama Adoyo said one of the community leaders donated money to assist in buying some materials, as other people in the neighbourhood trooped out with old and new clothes for the mother and child.
Re: Video:Mad Woman Delivers Baby In Rubbish Dump On Christmas Morning by nekaa(f): 10:29am On Jan 07, 2014
God is wonderful...

(1) (Reply)

US Police Hits A Pregnant Woman's Tummy With Abaton In New York / Man Dies After Drinking Competition… At A Funeral In Benin / Contact Jamb Cbt Secretary Mr Femi Bola On 08054430926 For Assistance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.