Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,918 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Nigeria Recognized As An Emerging Economy (MINT) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Recognized As An Emerging Economy (MINT) (658 Views)

Ebonyi: An Emerging Solid Mineral Resource Centre, Food Producing Hub / Owerri As An Emerging Political Capital Of Igboland / Nigeria Will No Longer Be An Emerging Economy By 2030 – Unido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Recognized As An Emerging Economy (MINT) by kobikwelu(m): 3:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
Read an excerpt from the article below

In 2001 the world began talking about the Bric countries - Brazil, Russia, India and China - as potential powerhouses of the world economy. The term was coined by economist Jim O'Neill, who has now identified the "Mint" countries - Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey - as emerging economic giants. Here he explains why.

So what is it about the so-called Mint countries that makes them so special? Why these four countries?

A friend who has followed the Bric story noted sardonically that they are probably "fresher" than the Brics. What they really share beyond having a lot of people, is that at least for the next 20 years, they have really good "inner" demographics - they are all going to see a rise in the number of people eligible to work relative to those not working.

This is the envy of many developed countries but also two of the Bric countries, China and Russia. So, if Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey get their act together, some of them could match Chinese-style double-digit rates between 2003 and 2008.

when i read this a couple of days ago, i smiled and said...we will surely get there one day...for the full and revealing article..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25548060

as i have said before, our greatest problem and the key to our future rests with Power (Electricity)....if we can solve our power problem, i see us becoming a world power in 20 years..

what do you think?
Re: Nigeria Recognized As An Emerging Economy (MINT) by dBard: 3:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
I do agree..
Still maintain, my vote goes t anyone that can ensure
Uninterrupted power supply.. irrespective of party

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan Mourns Umaru Dikko, Says He Was A True Nationalist / History Will Be On Tinubu’s Side By Gbenga Olorunpomi / Nyako Attended Council Of State Meeting Despite Allegations That He Has Fled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.