Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! (3384 Views)

Toyota Camry 2001 Transmission Problems / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Peugeot 406 Automatic Transmission Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by cenotech: 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Please I need your help concerning my camry 2.4 xle(2002). My auto transmission is having problems, it gives some jerky movements when trying to select from gear 2 to higher gears. I checked the ATF and it was not looking good . I had it change with dextron III (4 litres) but after three days of driving with in the city I changed it again with the recommended Type IV(4 litres) for toyota. I did a long drive of 350km after this second atf change and the initial problem of selection resurfaced. The car's speed will not rise above 70km/h and the gear change is sluggish. Please what could possibly be the problem?
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by Johnson213: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2014
I'm afraid you serviced your transmission a little too late. You need to run a scan on the transmission to know its state before you proceed further. A change or rebuild of the transmission may be around the corner. This is the bitter truth that you may have to face early before you start spending your hard earned money unnecessarily.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by joetoyota: 4:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
I will just say you shld scan the gear box first before serviceing it and there should cheeck the gear filter
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by KA24DETT(m): 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
Scan the car----- put up the code here and we go from there.
You can not rebuild a transmission in nigeria. Most likely you will need to get a new tranny
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by Piyke: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Earlier last year I had a funny fault which I initially feared to be the transmission but alas a simple change of the air cleaner element ie Engine air filter solved this. Do rule this out.
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by joetoyota: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2014
It is likely that is the output speed sonsor that is make it to jerck that why u have to scan the gearbox first. smiley
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by cenotech: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2014
Thank you all for your responses and advice. I will do a scan and come up with the codes as advised. But assuming I have to replace the tranny, does anyone out here know the the price of the tranny for camry 2.4 in nigeria either tokumbo or new? and a reliable place to get one in Lagos or Port Harcourt
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by iykecollins1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2021
cenotech:
Please I need your help concerning my camry 2.4 xle(2002). My auto transmission is having problems, it gives some jerky movements when trying to select from gear 2 to higher gears. I checked the ATF and it was not looking good . I had it change with dextron III (4 litres) but after three days of driving with in the city I changed it again with the recommended Type IV(4 litres) for toyota. I did a long drive of 350km after this second atf change and the initial problem of selection resurfaced. The car's speed will not rise above 70km/h and the gear change is sluggish. Please what could possibly be the problem?
U will need to change ur gear box M afraid....u used a wrong oil for it....Toyota uses 2 diff oil....T4....or WS...moreover Toyota gearbox is not something u work on and see good changes
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by iykecollins1(m): 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2021
cenotech:
Thank you all for your responses and advice. I will do a scan and come up with the codes as advised. But assuming I have to replace the tranny, does anyone out here know the the price of the tranny for camry 2.4 in nigeria either tokumbo or new? and a reliable place to get one in Lagos or Port Harcourt
2.4 Camry uses a 10pin gearbox....it's 100k here in lagos

1 Like

Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by dadabashua1(m): 4:58am On Jun 16, 2021
Guys this post was made in 2014...7 years ago o shocked
Re: Camry 2.4 Automatic Transmission Problems. Please Help! by diportivo: 12:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
iykecollins1:

2.4 Camry uses a 10pin gearbox....it's 100k here in lagos

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy My First Car. / Tell Me About The 2005 Mercedes Benz C 230 / "Full Options"? The Myths Unravelled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.