Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

The tempter - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The tempter (878 Views)

Two Minutes From Hell / Love Letters Back In Those Days / What Cause The Reduction Of Handwritten Letters And Penpals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The tempter by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 08, 2014
By Denis and Christine Osborne

The letter in this story are part of imaginary correspondence between two devils one, uncle pitfall,is an old abd experienced devil:The other,Nephew mudick is a young Devil just leaving college.

In college Mudlick has been learning how to tempt humans and pull them down to hell.
He becomes Gaurdian Tempter to a boy called John Mwamba. He asked his uncle pitfall for advice on how to tempt John successfully.

I will update shortly
Re: The tempter by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2014
[b]Chapter one[b]
Majaribio Tempter' training college
The kingdom Below,
Hell.

Dear Uncle Pitfall,
I am writing to let you know that i have nearly finished my course at Temptersl Training college and will receive my degree next month.
I would be very honoured if you would be able to attend the graduation ceremony.
I have been appointed Gaurdian Tempter to John Mwamba of Mwanzo village and would be grateful for any advice you can give on how o should tempt this boy.
Your respectful nephew,
mudlick
Re: The tempter by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2014
[size=16]2[/size]
Ministry of Internal Affairs,
P.O Box 666
Hell

Dear Mudlick,
Thank you for your letter and invitation to your graduation from tempters' training college. I was sorry I could not come but I was responsible for the failure of some peace talks at the United Nations. I was most interested to hear of your appointment as Guardian Tempter to John Mwamba of Mwanzo village. It was wise if you to ask such an experienced Tempter as myself how you should handle John. I have been looking up his record and you must consider his background carefully as it is a very dangerous one.

Worst thing first. His mother as escaped us and is a christain.She is doing our hell a great deal of damage each day by the way she trust Gos and encourages her family and neighbours to do the same. She has caused us a lot of trouble. With his father we are in a far better position. Although he goes to church regularly, he has never given the enemy over his life. We have brought him more bought from church elder died. We led him to think that the elder sold it to him knowing it to be diseased.Mr.Mwamba is therefore ver bitter,not only at this elder, but at all the leader in his chirch and every church. He is even bad temptered with his family. Mrs.Mwamba has not suceeded in showin him his error in spite of all her effort. Bitterness like this hinders his prayers and although Mr.Mwamba goes to church and is thought by his neighbours to be a christain, in reality he does not yet belong to the Enemy because of his hatred in his heart.
Unortunately,both at home and at scholl the Mwamba children have learned to respect and obey the basic christan teaching and even to enjoy family prayers. From the outside their church building does not look as smart as the new community centre building but the pastor and church elders and some others,such as John's mother are very faithful christains.This sort of background is very difficult to undermine.
I see that both John's elder brother and sister were unable to get a place in secondary school(our ministry of Misinformation encourages them to think of this as a failure) but John has been away to secondary school and our sources think it is likely that he will get a good school certificate and go on futher studies.This period of nervous waiting for his exam results is a valuable time for us if you use it properly. Start tempting straightway; you have no time to lose. Try to make him swing between two extreme hope and despair of getting a place in a school to study for Advance Level.His mother will teach him to think like this: that if he getd a place it is a gift from God which he must use to serve him and the nation; and that if he does not get a place it is because God has some other equally important plan for his life.
How can you best attack him? If he starts to say that God has been good to hom,get him to ask himself why this is so, and think he must have been good to earn God's favour.
If he does not get a place what a chance you will have! Help him to feel that he has failed utterly,that his last hope of success in life has gone and that God does not love him as much as those who get places. These are all lies of course but you can make him believe them.Many other Tempter have suceeded and I have no doubt of your ability to do the same.Human despair taste very sweet to a devil
Write to me as soon as you have some news

Your very sincerely,
Uncle pitfall.
D.P.Pitfall
Senior Expert On Temptations.
Re: The tempter by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2014
[size=16]3[/size]

Mwanzo village.

Dear uncle Pitfall,
Thank you for your letter and good advice. I am glad to say that John is getting proud already.The other day he helped carry his aunt's boxes to the bus stop amd while they were waiting a plane flew overhead.
'That's the Tuesday flight to Rome,'
John said and he described the make of the plane and number of passengers it carried. His aunt was duly impressed and John went on to boast,
'when I have a degree I will travel by air oftern', and thought to himself that then everyone would know that he was an important person.
Please give me some practical about how I should attack John if he goes to another school. I enjoyed it so much when he fell into this temptation although it was only a small sin

Yours hopefully,Mudlick
Re: The tempter by silencer042: 1:37am On Jun 28, 2014
please where can i find this book? I'm still waiting for the next letter. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Help / Burial Rites By Hannah Kent / Diwali-pooja-vidhi-2014-diwali-laxmi-pooja-timing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.