Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 (75982 Views)

FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 - Apply Now / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics:
First of all, i want to thank you for gracing this thread with your contributions.
I also want to clear something, this scholarship is bilateral meaning two sides are involved so NO NAIJA FACTOR
You are most welcome, quantum physics. Please, you people should focus on passing the aptitude test and interview(if any), don't get carried away by the mention of $500 and any other money you will be collecting. There are going to be a lot of rumours and hearsays flying around. Just focus on passing and getting to the next stage.

@ysamo
When you get there, try to apply for summer internships when possible. That is the route to practical experience and boosting your CV.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 10:35am On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh:
You are most welcome, quantum physics. Please, you people should focus on passing the aptitude test and interview(if any), don't get carried away by the mention of $500 and any other money you will be collecting. There are going to be a lot of rumours and hearsays flying around. Just focus on passing and getting to the next stage.

@ysamo
When you get there, try to apply for summer internships when possible. That is the route to practical experience and boosting your CV.
. Hmmm9ce idea@oga KEVOH,wit God almighty all tins ar possible.Really appreciate d lyks of U nd quantum 2 b sincere pple lyk u both ar RARE.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 10:46am On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh:

@ysamo
unfortunately, i'm not applying this year, i'm still 17, thanks for your advice though.
One more question, "Do you plan coming back to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2014
ysamo: . Hmmm9ce idea@oga KEVOH,wit God almighty all tins ar possible.Really appreciate d lyks of U nd quantum 2 b sincere pple lyk u both ar RARE.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 11:15am On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: unfortunately, i'm not applying this year, i'm still 17, thanks for your advice though.
Lol, I'm back already. I've been in Nigeria almost 5 to 6 years now.Done my NYSC, got a job and planning to get married,lol.

Do you mean to say you don't want to return when you're done with your studies? Well it's up to you.Almost all of my colleagues are doing well(my set), Some are doing extremely well working in Schlumberger, Chevron, SEC(security exchange commission) e.t.c others are doing ok they might not be in big organisations but they got jobs which is the most important.

Please, don't let me derail the purpose of this thread. Right now it should be all about passing the aptitude test or getting the complete documents. That is why I said I will give out some info around September/October whe you guys have been selected.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 11:16am On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: unfortunately, i'm not applying this year, i'm still 17, thanks for your advice though.
. So Quantum physic,u said u ar 17 bt really confused on hw u got 2 knw abt all dis.I mean u speak lyk a beneficiary already cool
. So Quantum physic,u said u ar 17 bt really confused on hw u got 2 knw abt all dis.I mean u speak lyk a beneficiary already
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh:
Lol, I'm back already. I've been in Nigeria almost 5 to 6 years now.Done my NYSC, got a job and planning to get married,lol.

Do you mean to say you don't want to return when you're done with your studies? Well it's up to you.Almost all of my colleagues are doing well(my set), Some are doing extremely well working in Schlumberger, Chevron, SEC(security exchange commission) e.t.c others are doing ok they might not be in big organisations but they got jobs which is the most important.

Please, don't let me derail the purpose of this thread. Right now it should be all about passing the aptitude test or getting the complete documents. That is why I said I will give out some info around September/October whe you guys have been selected.
. Happy 4 u Oga KEVOH,wit God on our syd w'll b der AMEN!!!
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Quantum, we had a 17 year old chic in my set. I don't know how FSB did it but she did well.She works somewhere in south-south now, I won't mention the name, for privacy sake.

I would have adviced you to apply but I don't know what the rules are these days. They might be strict on the age thing now compared to my time.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh: Quantum, we had a 17 year old chic in my set. I don't know how FSB did it but she did well.She works somewhere in south-south now, I won't mention the name, for privacy sake.

I would have adviced you to apply but I don't know what the rules are these days. They might be strict on the age thing now compared to my time.
The host countries are strict about the age now.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
ysamo: . So Quantum physic,u said u ar 17 bt really confused on hw u got 2 knw abt all dis.I mean u speak lyk a beneficiary already cool. So Quantum physic,u said u ar 17 bt really confused on hw u got 2 knw abt all dis.I mean u speak lyk a beneficiary already
Thanks, i followed last year's thread as a guest.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
The test is set in the format,
-Maths (mainly logic)=>20 quest.
-English lang. (Mainly lexis and structure)=> 20 quest.
- General paper ( Current Affairs)=> 20 quest.
-Total=> 60 quest.
-Total time=> 30 mins.
Meaning 1/2 min (30 sec) per question, so speed an accuracy are highly important.
-Secondly, your geo-political zone matters because FSB wants to be impartial, all zones are picked, so the more the applicants in your zone, the harder it gets.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
@ quantum physics,i hail u. for those of u who have good waec result,put in ur best to this tin. i applied last yr with 50/60 waec but couldnt get it due to the competitive nature of my state(Enugu),my friend with waec cert of 54/60 snatched it from.he is presently doing his language course at vonorezh technical university russia. lots of enjoyment dey that tin o,take off grant of $2000,monthly allowance of $1000 from the federal government and 1650 rubles from russian government. although am eligible to apply but shell don stick me down with 30000 pounds research work in Estonia. i sat down and drafted a book on bea guidelines + sample questions,if u are interested,just whatsapp me on is nt that costly just #2000 and is worth it.That my friend sent me $100 for xmas last yr,i enjoyed myself like die last yr. i remain your humble servant jerry(3rd yr mech engr unn and a 2011/2012 shell scholar) tnks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: The test is set in the format,
-Total=> 60 quest.
-Total time=> 30 mins.
Meaning 1/2 min (30 sec) per question, so speed an accuracy are highly important.
-Secondly, your geo-political zone matters because FSB wants to be impartial, all zones are picked, so the more the applicants in your zone, the harder it gets.
. Mr quantum I tot d selectn is done lyk 2 persons 4rm each state or is it zonally?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: The test is set in the format,
-Total=> 60 quest.
-Total time=> 30 mins.
. Mr quantum I tot d selectns ar bin done lyk 2 persons 4rm each state or is it zonally?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
ysamo: . Mr quantum I tot d selectns ar bin done lyk 2 persons 4rm each state or is it zonally?
NIGERIA
||
\/
ZONES
||
\/
STATES
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Saimeritus: @ quantum physics,i hail u. for those of u who have good waec result,put in ur best to this tin. i applied last yr with 50/60 waec but couldnt get it due to the
Thank you for stopping by, pls contribute often, Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
Saimeritus: he is presently doing his language course at vonorezh technical university russia. lots of enjoyment dey that tin o,take off grant of $2000,monthly allowance of $1000 from the federal government and 1650 rubles from russian government.
Take off grant is normal, even when you finish your studies you still get another grant to take you back home. I don't know what they call that one.

So the monthly allowance don reach $1000...lol grin . Make I sharply born my pikin send am go do FSB scholarship.

Meanwhile it's that enjoyment I'd like to caution people over. It's easy to get distracted and lose focus because of the freedom you get at that young age.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh:
Take off grant is normal, even when you finish your studies you still get another grant to take you back home. I don't know what they call that one.

So the monthly allowan
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by pampam(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
@quantum physics, do we select the uniersities, or they do that for us, God bless you for this.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
pampam: @quantum physics, do we select the uniersities, or they do that for us, God bless you for this.
After passing the test and confirming your selection, you will be interviewed by the embassy of the host country, and on getting there you wil undergo the language class and entrace examinatio, your relative success in all these will determine your university placement.
God bless you too.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by pampam(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: After passing the test and confirming your selection, you will be interviewed by the embassy of the host country, and on getting there you wil undergo the language class and entrace examinatio, your relative success in all these will determine your university placement.
God bless you too.
Wow, thanks, one more thing how was last years process and shortlisting
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
pampam: Wow, thanks, one more thing how was last years process and shortlisting
From the little info i have, over 60 applicants were sent to russia, over 40 went to ukraine, over 80 were sent to morrocco, algeria and egypt, over 25 were sent to macedonia, cuba, serbia, greece, and mexico, so roughly 225-250 applicants were awarded meaning each state had at least 5 reps.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 7:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
pampam: @quantum physics, do we select the uniersities, or they do that for us, God bless you for this.
In addition to quantum's advice about the language class, you really need to do well in learning the language of your host country in the first year because you will definitely be taught in the official language it doesn't matter wether you're doing Medicine, Engineering or Social Sciences. All will be taught in the official language .

The first year i.e language year is very critical, yes you might learn how to speak the language partially and scale the exam but have you really learnt it? Of what use is speaking when you can't even write well? You can't compose good sentences? E.t.c

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2014
For those engineers going to french speaking countrie like Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco,'Ecole des Inginieurs' are prestigious schools in the french system. You might have to take 'concours' (Test like UTME/JAMB) to scale through or be contented with the Universities that you will be placed into if you don't want these 'Ecoles'.

Whatever you do avoid any school that has 'Institut' as a name. You may ask why? Funny enough Institut are good schools too but the problem arises when you graduate and you want to translate your certificate and they translate it as Polytechnic. We all know that in Nigeria Poly grads and Uni grads have different treatments.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please be wary of things that will give you translation wahala. Some host countries might run a different education system different from the typical British method Nigeria is used to.

You will get to meet people who are not exposed when you return to Nigeria and start doing stuffs like applying for jobs, NYSC e.t.c I had a hell lot of time convincing the man at NYSC HQ that my Maitrise is an equivalent to a Bsc ,though when translated it means Master's degree, and he kept on asking for my Bachelor's degree certificate.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh: Please be wary of things that will give you translation wahala. Some host countries might run a different education system different from the typical British method Nigeria is used to.

You will get to meet people who are not exposed when you return to Nigeria and start doing stuffs like applying for jobs, NYSC e.t.c I had a hell lot of time convincing the man at NYSC HQ that my Maitrise is an equivalent to a Bsc ,though when translated it means Master's degree, and he kept on asking for my Bachelor's degree certificate.

. Oga kevoh considerin d exams written afta d linguistic classes,I knw M nt in positn 2 ask dat naw bt jst wnt 2 knw,is it related 2 d field u ar goin 2 study? Asin if u ar 2 study biochem den d exams will comprise of biology,chemistry etc
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
ysamo: . Oga kevoh considerin d exams written afta d linguistic classes,I knw M nt in positn 2 ask dat naw bt jst wnt 2 knw,is it related 2 d field u ar goin 2 study? Asin if u ar 2 study biochem den d exams will comprise of biology,chemistry etc
Nope. The exam will be about the language only.

You are asked Biochem stuff only when you are taught Biochem stuff which of course is when you start your main course of study after the language year.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
[quote author=kevoh]

You are asked Biochem stuff only when you are taught Biochem stuff which of course is when you start your main course of study after the language year.[/quote. Kk tnx]
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
kevoh:

You are asked Biochem stuff only when you are taught Biochem stuff which of course is when you start your main course of study after the language year.
sorry to differ here monsieur kevoh but top schools such as MMA(Moscow medical academy), Lomonosov Moscow state Uni., MIPT, Kyiv technical Uni, Cuban medical colleges hold written/oral interview for all prospective students national and international.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
quantum physics: sorry to differ here monsieur kevoh but top schools such as MMA(Moscow medical academy), Lomonosov Moscow state Uni., MIPT, Kyiv technical Uni, Cuban medical colleges hold written/oral interview for all prospective students national and international.
You are quite right but remember I am speaking with reference to countries using the french system these are countries I am familiar with,the francophone countries on your list not Russia or Cuba and engineering in particular.
I also mentioned to get into those Top schools in the French speaking countries you will write an exam (Concours). Competition to get admission into these Top schools is quite high both for local and international and this applies to those who intend to study Medicine too and probably in other countries like quantum has stated.

I know everyone wants to be in Russia or Cuba but it's sad that not all applicants will get Russia/Cuba, FSB has a target number of applicants for each countries so brace up for any disappointments. Besides it is not the country that counts but how you manage to succeed individually.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
Am willing 2 apply buh i ain't gonna b 18 until june...so sad
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by ysamo(m): 9:41am On Jan 10, 2014
Roughly hw many weeks or days 2 reg? Gudmrnin fellas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.