Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 (75977 Views)

FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 - Apply Now / 2013 Federal Government Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students / Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by bizmania(m): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2014
Good morning every one. Thanks @Mr Kevoh and @Quantum physics....ure such a bright guy... Pls I want to understand a few things...

1. Is zoning based on where I am appling from or based on my origin?

2. Must the exam be written in my state of origin or from my resident state?

3. Is there any chance that a person who applies for macedonia (with less applicants) will be selected over a person that applied for russia (with more applicants) irrespective of their scores in the apptitude tests?

4. Is there any chance that people who apply for less competitive courses will be accepted over those with more competitive courses?

I await your timely responses.Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by kevoh(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2014
bizmania: Good morning every one. Thanks @Mr Kevoh and @Quantum physics....ure such a bright guy... Pls I want to understand a few things...

3. Is there any chance that a person who applies for macedonia (with less applicants) will be selected over a person that applied for russia (with more applicants) irrespective of their scores in the apptitude tests?

4. Is there any chance that people who apply for less competitive courses will be accepted over those with more competitive courses?

I await your timely responses.Thanks!
I'm @ d site as soon as I get to the office I will answer your question except someone else answers before me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 11:30am On Jan 10, 2014
bizmania: Good morning every one. Thanks @Mr Kevoh and @Quantum physics....ure such a bright guy... Pls I want to understand a few things...

1. as per the zoning, if all the states in your zone have representatives then, the selection will be by states, but if some states have no applicants then the selection will be made by geo-political zone

2. the exams will be written in a unity school in any of the zone, but you must beware that the exams must be written at the designated center and not the center nearest to you

3. wherever you are applying, just make ure you ace your test and interview, and with God, all things are possible

4. compettve or not, you need to be the best you can

Good luck to you
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 11:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Federal Ministry of Education Through Federal Schalrship Board is now accepting application

Federal Ministry of Education Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship
2013 / 2014

Federal Ministry of Education

is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the
Nomination Interview for Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA)
Scholarship Award tenable in Russia, China, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania,
Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, Macedonia, e.t.c

The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.

2013 / 2014 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards

2.0 All qualified candidates are advised to:

a.) Visit Federal Scholarship Board’s website:www.fsb.gov.ng
b.) Click on Application Center
c.) Click on BEA Form
d.) Select BEA Award Application
e.) Register/Login
f.) Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
g.) Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two
(2) copies to interview venue.
3.0 FIELDS OF STUDY

a.) Undergraduate level - Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology,
Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports,
Law, Social Sciences, etc
b.) Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields

4.0 CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY

A. POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants must hold a First Degree with at
least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of
Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or
employment practice in Nigeria. A knowledge of the Foreign language of the donor
country is desired particularly for those applying for Russian Award. All
applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40
years for Ph.D.

B. UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses
must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the
Senior Secoundary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO) only in the subjects
relevant to their field of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Three (3) years old (2010 – 2012).
Applicants who by October 2013 will be in 300 Level and above in any Tertiary
Institution need not apply. Age limit is 23 years
NOTE (For all Applicants): Knowledge of the language of the country of choice is
an added advantage.

5.0 VENUE OF INTERVIEW: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at
the venues nearest to them as scheduled for their respective states of origin.
Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various
interview centres with the following attachments:

Two authenticated photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonial
Only one Certificate will be accepted ie WAEC or NECO
Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC or NECO and forwarded to the
Director/ Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja.
Two copies of Birth Certificate.
State of Origin Certificate duly signed, stamped and dated.
Eight(8 nos.) passport sized colour photographs on white background
Medical Certificate of Fitness including HIV /AIDS, and Hepatitis B free
Certificates obtained from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital or National
Hospital, Abuja.
Police Clearance Certificate including finger prints from the Police Station
nearest to Place of Residence
Data page of current International Passport, and
Academic transcripts and NYSC certificate will be required from applicants for
postgraduate studies.
Original documents should be presented at the interview venues for sighting.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by quantumphysics(m): 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
HELLLO
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
quantum physics: From the little info i have, over 60 applicants were sent to russia, over 40 went to ukraine, over 80 were sent to morrocco, algeria and egypt, over 25 were sent to macedonia, cuba, serbia, greece, and mexico, so roughly 225-250 applicants were awarded meaning each state had at least 5 reps.
@ quantum physics,this information,i wrote last yr and ukraine didnt nominate a single soul due to the problem they had with the board,russian scholars were 66 in number
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by oscaino2(m): 8:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
What happened?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 11:14am On Jul 02, 2014
Has any country been called after Japan Ãήϑ Mecedonia?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by statesman37(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2014
why is this thread now requesting for login with pssword before someone comments....
and pls amongst those that have been nominated, when are they leaving? does any country nominees know that?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by oscaino2(m): 11:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Have dey called cuba?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by darea1: 12:19am On Jul 07, 2014
maybe around august
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Makpenen(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Any Mexico nominee in d house. Pg? Why all these PG guys are not commenting?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 3:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
PG guys rarely make comment here. Reasons known only to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by danickross: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2014
I av been called for turkey about a month+ ago and have landed my documents in bea office at once, if you in my shoes or you know anybody, i ll like to meet u, my phone no 08105486344, just flash or call me, am not on was_sup though. or add me on facebook abode danny, cool
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by iretex1(m): 11:56am On Jul 11, 2014
I'm a PG applicant to Mexico, I'm yet to get a feedback from BEA.
I'm hoping to get any relevant information about the nomination process.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Makpenen(m): 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2014
iretex1: I'm a PG applicant to Mexico, I'm yet to get a feedback from BEA.
I'm hoping to get any relevant information about the nomination process.
Thanks guy. Pls let us knw if any relevant info is out.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Melgossa: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Xo..am guessing..Mexico has called? ??
Please to all those that have been nominated;Are u guys undergraduates? Can someone,not yet in the university be called? *curious*
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by chillors: 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
pls what about cuba?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2014
Melgossa: Xo..am guessing..Mexico has called? ??
Please to all those that have been nominated;Are u guys undergraduates? Can someone,not yet in the university be called? *curious*

I know post graduate guys that were called for russia
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2014
This Scholarship thing is complicated! I gave one oga @ the top my documents since last year, he told me the exam wasn't relevant... he gave me a form for Russia, I filled and gave him but up till now, Nothing
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
Samsleek7: This Scholarship thing is complicated! I gave one oga @ the top my documents since last year, he told me the exam wasn't relevant... he gave me a form for Russia, I filled and gave him but up till now, Nothing

you know that stuff does not always work
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
izriel:

you know that stuff does not always work
I can now see that
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Melgossa: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
izriel:

I know post graduate guys that were called for russia
Thanks Izriel..but I'm refering to UG applicants..Were all those nominated for UG in the university already? Was there anyone still awaiting admission/not yet in school,the university? *anticipating your reply*
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by darea1: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2014
dem no concern abt Ur studentship nw Na Ur performance and documents matter. pple Nt yet in uni were called
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Melgossa: 5:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
darea1: dem no concern abt Ur studentship nw Na Ur performance and documents matter. pple Nt yet in uni were called
Okay thanks darea1..I just wanted to confirm
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by Ceoobi: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hw far have u guys gone?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by JONITEZ(m): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2014
wow,,,is good to be back, what's up guys?
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by petreli12: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello house, I am a PG applicant for Turkey and Mexico, any info yet? That nairaland attack really dealt with this tread sha.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Ceoobi: Hw far have u guys gone?

nope. we are still round
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by joshphorlarb: 5:14pm On Jul 17, 2014
HI everybody.How s everytin?.Izriel,congrats.can we meet?tru facebuk i gues.ma name is okunola joshua (wearin suit).u can leave ur name here also.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 7:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
[quote author=joshphorlarb]HI everybody.How s everytin?.Izriel,congrats.can we meet?tru facebuk i gues.ma name is okunola joshua (wearin suit).u can leave ur name here also.[/quote

hello. if you search for izriel95 you will find me.
Re: Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 by izriel(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nomination for Morocco has been done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.