Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (47036 Views)

Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomhole Buying Plantain Chips On The Road Side (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
What baffles me is that most of all these e fighters do not even live in Edo but believe in what they have been told. This man single handedly opened our Eyes to a glimpse of good governance and you are here spewing trash and looking for every little mistake to bash the governor. He has made Edo state one of those states that are free politically. Come rain come snow Edo people will always love this man. He has set a good standard that every Governor after him will try to emulate. I love you oshio. Keep on the good work and let bad belle people die in hate

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Megaflex(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
omenka: @ Op. Why hyperventilate over an event who's details you are oblivious of? Firstly, do you know what time of the day the pic was taken? What makes you think the child is suposed to be in school at that time? Secondly, do you know what transpired between the gov and the kid? For instance, there was a day i was at a gas station to get some fuel. Saw a kid hawking kashew nuts looking shaby and all. Twas around 9am n i thought she should be in school. Called her, bought one and enquired why she isnt in school and she told me she was chased away cos she had yet to pay her fees. Asked how much n she said N500 (guesed they run the ubec stuff). Luckily i had just that amount left on me. Handed it to her and told her to make sure she goes to school the next day. I'm saying this cos from your viewpoint, the gov erred but i put it to you the pic tells us nothing about what hapened there on the long run but just captures a PARTICULAR SECOND of time. He may have issued some huge money or scholarship or anything, the pic doesnt say. And by the way, would it have been more appropriate had he totally ignored the hawker, since your query borders on his patronage?
U'r on point bros. D op does nt knw wot he's doin. He actually gave her 1m, nt 2 send her 2 school, bt 4 her bravery. Op pls get ur points right b4 postin rubbish
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by smithsammy(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
poor nigerians. it is a common believe among we nigerians dat once are able to form and assemble 2 or more english sentenses/statements, u can start ranting whatever u wished to. poor @op.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by YesBwoss: 4:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
How do you know the child isn't back from school? One can't tell what time of the day it is from that picture.
pimp_lucious :
Shame!! Edo State Gov. On It Again Pic

Why can't our Dear (attention sick) governor just stay off the media for once? This is absolute display of sheer ignorance and worst still, his social Media Assistant comes online to publish these insulting pictures when he should be ashamed of the actions of his boss.

The child in this photo is supposed to be preparing for school, or be in school doing something more deserving and not hawking. The governor (with this show of shame) is endorsing child abuse and child labor, buying chips from a child who is hawking on the streets. Only in a society devoid of good governance this kind of child abuse is celebrated. Should we be jumping up celebrating it as good gesture or humanity? what do you expect? A governor who didn't pass through a primary school system will never know who should be in school and who should be hawking.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Kirinwa: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Op you chop craze? So now let him also dole out money and scholarship to this kid.It's not your fault. It's the governor's fault. He keeps dashing out money anyhow.

Will you say you haven't bought something from a child before? You, op what have you contributed to help them, these Almajiris etc or you throw away face?

RUBBISH!
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Austyn316(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
pimp_lucious :

Why can't our Dear (attention sick) governor just stay off the media for once? This is absolute display of sheer ignorance and worst still, his social Media Assistant comes online to publish these insulting pictures when he should be ashamed of the actions of his boss.

The child in this photo is supposed to be preparing for school, or be in school doing something more deserving and not hawking. The governor (with this show of shame) is endorsing child abuse and child labor, buying chips from a child who is hawking on the streets. Only in a society devoid of good governance this kind of child abuse is celebrated. Should we be jumping up celebrating it as good gesture or humanity? what do you expect? A governor who didn't pass through a primary school system will never know who should be in school and who should be hawking.

The boy is on holidays. He is doing something to help himself before school resumes.

If Oshiomwole ask why he is hawking, you will be the first to say he doesn't have human sympathy.

Leave Adams alone go and do something to better your own life.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by bukatyne(f): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
If everyone decides to avoid the underaged child and buys from adults, don't you think the child will be in serious trouble back home at the end of the day?

Does Oshimole walk about with the press?

How do we know that Oshimole did not do something for the kid afterwards?
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Megaflex(m): 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
pimp_lucious :

If u ask me I'd say he should summon up courage and resign for the fact a kid is is hawking under his watch as governor.
Wot!!!!! Resign ke, because pikin dey hawk under his watch. Which planet U cum 4rm

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Gabrielsylar(m): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
phatashop
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by snthesis(m): 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
d problem is actually the governor's height, he cud only pose with sum1 he was taller than (even at that he still had to stretch grin grin grin), that's why the kid was used grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Is this sustainable though? You can't gift every hawker a million naira.

There would need to be a structure in place that helps decide who gets state funds, and how. Scholarships to less privileged kids for instance is a good way to go, where applicants will need to show evidence of being poor to have access to funds. This should happen concurrently with the enforcement of the law to remove hawkers from the streets. I am talking 24/7/365 enforcement. I know some Nigerians make bad law enforcers, but if I were Governor for instance, and I was driving by and saw hawkers on the street after the law has already been passed, I think I would hold the enforcers designated to that area more responsible than the hawkers themselves, I might even ensure they get fired. This will help the next set of enforces to move closer to 24/7/365 enforcement.

I stopped buying all this unsustainable showmanship along time ago, like a governor gives this, a governor gives that.

What we need is sustainability, it's not by accident that there are no hawkers on the streets of the U.S or other developed countries. We can replicate that here with good sustainable governance in all states.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by MrMac10(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mi encanta fellar putas
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
omenka: @ Op. Why hyperventilate over an event who's details you are oblivious of? Firstly, do you know what time of the day the pic was taken? What makes you think the child is suposed to be in school at that time? Secondly, do you know what transpired between the gov and the kid? For instance, there was a day i was at a gas station to get some fuel. Saw a kid hawking kashew nuts looking shaby and all. Twas around 9am n i thought she should be in school. Called her, bought one and enquired why she isnt in school and she told me she was chased away cos she had yet to pay her fees. Asked how much n she said N500 (guesed they run the ubec stuff). Luckily i had just that amount left on me. Handed it to her and told her to make sure she goes to school the next day. I'm saying this cos from your viewpoint, the gov erred but i put it to you the pic tells us nothing about what hapened there on the long run but just captures a PARTICULAR SECOND of time. He may have issued some huge money or scholarship or anything, the pic doesnt say. And by the way, would it have been more appropriate had he totally ignored the hawker, since your query borders on his patronage?

I didnt like your comment because of your other rubbish/irrelevant tinz.

I liked your comment because you paid the child's school fees.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pglobal: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abariwiseman: this man has disapponted edo people!
how?
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pimplucious: 5:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
I really don't know where to start from. Can t even believe some people see nothing wrong in a kid hawking. I won't even stress about trying to convince anybody it is terribly wrong. Anywayz, I leave u all to ur opinion.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Temptee101(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
Kairoseki77: I wont be a hypocrite.

If op is correct, then this girl should be in school.

If he gave her 1 million naira, the obvious question is did he give HIS money, or did he give the girl HER MONEY that he stole from her previously.
Wetin dis one the talk sef?
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by tonychristopher: 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
pimp_lucious :

they dont value education in edo state but value prostitution and child labor. i did my nysc there. so osho baba as they hail u there continue buying plaintain chips
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by moshoodn(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
pimp_lucious :

If u ask me I'd say he should summon up courage and resign for the fact a kid is is hawking under his watch as governor.

Really?

Go up North and write a compendium about beggars!

Truth is there is no utopian society!
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ghyft(f): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
For those of us saying that schools are on holiday and that it could have been in the evening,we all should be aware that child labouring is an abuse of a child's right since the child is not supposed to be caring for her needs. Maybe things are hard in the family,i agree but for d gov to give the child a million naira(i don't believe that anyway)in public to me is showy display which shouldn't be found among honest people....politics is really crap
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by tushd(m): 5:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
What is wrong with u nigerians sef...u act like politicians are not humans..fine he is a leader and he stoop low buying sumtin from a kid hawking...will u blame him or blame the kids parents....@op have u neva for once in ur life buy goods from some1 hawking...u sld post ur picture also and insult ursef....nigeria is growing people like u ar meant to b castrated....hypocritical non entity
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by gbollykore: 5:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
why do we make our public officials gods, look at everybody around him looking as if god was buying something, we elected these people to serve us, they are supposed to be civil servants, in Nigeria we celebrate the people that we elect like gods
anyway I love the down to earth nature of oshimole
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Exponental(m): 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2014
I disagree. I suspect d child was stylishly arrested.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Akiika: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Much as i don't buy the 1M naira gift story, i think the Governor should've made attempt to meet the child's parent and find out why she was not in school. He should've ensured this girl got back to school by announcing a scholarship for her too....OR does she have to try to get into the wing of an airplane before she gets something?
Overall, i think after ensuring there are free education at the elementary level, child labor and hawking should be outlawed.
Oshior, you can do better sir.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by bankyblue(m): 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Make he na leava this guy alone now! No be holiday they chip seller They? grin
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by yunafa(f): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
FYI all schools resume on 13th January 2014!!! Do u have kids
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by lexrichy(m): 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Viewing this topic: egbule123 , fuckluv ( f ), eagle,eye , pimp_lucious ,
Chukwutobi, sgd , ibkgab001 , topzyng , toseen29 , Evalsam1 ( m ),
AbdH , Niger_d ( m ), GHANA OGA , mustybay , okhai ( m ),
Smartmanager ( m ), xbalm ( m ), sleek82 , Jalal ( m ), kavey10 ( m ),
orbyrit , lacum , flomark , carletta( m ), ecjosephine1 , tomoselu ,
ngoziama , Seun( m ), Psychedelia ( m ), Latmania , Joowilliams, Jones
joe ( m ), Ejikechinedum , aisha2020 ( f ), Ahyoseun, GreatG , hyrise ( m ),
aderemi457 ( m ), Sulexerick ( m ), first-courage ( f ), tushd ( m ),
powerball , GEJfan , ese4jah ( m ), idlatest ( m ), TrebleChamp ( m ),
kennykool4u , ladywise , Nosval , adewhale ( m ), Magnanimity ( m ),
kevoh( m ), LookGud , wrealgems, ubongutioh( m ), seankay ( m ),
latbas , turok, samlestic( m ), romeo ( m ), irewalle , royal lord ,
bankyblue ( m ), Filmewell ( f ), airfinance ( m ), tohsin94 ( m ), nazzyglad
( f ), nopecin ( m ), madueke6363 ( m ), Walkopet ( m ), sholasys ,
fflamingo ( m ), Silva79 ( f ), CARLISTO77 ( m ), dj mask ( m ), def lover
( m ), PEEBERRY( m ), emaoke7 , yunafa ( f ), Melancholy( m ),
olaplus170 ( m ), Ekwueme.Uche , ahmedtoro50 ( m ), davide470 ( m ),
sweetiemi ( f ), quantum physics ( m ), Pistacho , olaabiodun ( m ),
Paradise163 ( f ) and 100 guest(s) wow!
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by airfinance(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
unuane1: I heard he gave her 1,000000 Naira
Yeah confirmed. The governor should be commended.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by waaliano: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Please we will like to read good thread because I don't see any reasonable thing to read here. What is big deal in a child hawking. She might be doing it to assist her mother or to help herself, even is not necessary to school but might be to buy something for herself. And who tell you that is not in school just because is hawking. infact I don't know what to say again. Please change your mentality many people do this very well and still become somebody in life. I don't see what wrong from what governor did, he didn't beat her nor abuse her because if he does you will still be the first person to start shouting on nairaland,facebook,togo,even you can leave your work and started shouting from house to house.why can't you leave this man even if he don't do anything again he has already achieve being labour president and governor. And after buying this chip you don't know what follows after then it might be "my little daughter I like what you are doing because I know you are using this to assist your mum before school resume,what class are you? Please face your study so that you too can become a good girl for our country, take this five thousand for the chips I buy and greet your mother for me...So what is your problem. Infact you are the attention seeker because governor has attention even since when he was labour president. Even if he talked president listen you can ask obasanjo then...if you want to post for us abeg go and get good news and share if not keep quiet.mtcheeeeeeeeEew
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by rexbuton: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fortune Okeke
The comrade governor did not buy plantain chips from the young girl.
On his usual routine inspection around the city centre,street traders and street hanwers were on the run,avoiding being arrested,because the governor was against street trading and hawking.
But the little girl stood confused on the next action to take.
The governor walk up to the little girl,and brought out a cheque book from his pocket and issued a cheque of one million naira to the little girl for her schooling.
The governor then threw the plantain chips into the air which onlooker scampered to catch them.
He didn't buy the plantain chips.
I live in Benin city and the event took place in my very eyes.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by shakol91(m): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
ignis:
It's heard, not had.

I doubt that rumour is true.

Either of the two is correct..make ur research ok?
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by andyanders: 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
unuane1: I heard he gave her 1,000000 Naira

He gave her 1Million and threw the chips away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK: Osinbajo Appointed Chairman "Use The Toilet Committee Of Nigeria" / Yusuf & Zahra Buhari Graduate From College / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.