Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (47019 Views)

Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomhole Buying Plantain Chips On The Road Side (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pimplucious: 3:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
Shame!! Edo State Gov. On It Again Pic

Why can't our Dear (attention sick) governor just stay off the media for once? This is absolute display of sheer ignorance and worst still, his social Media Assistant comes online to publish these insulting pictures when he should be ashamed of the actions of his boss.

The child in this photo is supposed to be preparing for school, or be in school doing something more deserving and not hawking. The governor (with this show of shame) is endorsing child abuse and child labor, buying chips from a child who is hawking on the streets. Only in a society devoid of good governance this kind of child abuse is celebrated. Should we be jumping up celebrating it as good gesture or humanity? what do you expect? A governor who didn't pass through a primary school system will never know who should be in school and who should be hawking.

56 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by niggi4life(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
hmmmmm!
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 3:54pm On Jan 08, 2014
Hmmm hmmm hmmm

What makes you think nothing was done?

And how is he an attention seeker?

He's already popular!!

Justsaying#

21 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
I heard he gave her 1,000000 Naira

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by ifedun2: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
Politricks!Oshio.....why you play into their hands again nah?

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
unuane1: I had he gave her 1,000000 Naira
Wow..That was huge..

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pimplucious: 4:01pm On Jan 08, 2014

How do we believe that? And besides, would scholarship not have been a better option instead?

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 4:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
pimp_lucious :

How do we believe that? And besides, would scholarship not have been a better option instead?
You got a point but you must know, its impossible to send all those suffering kids to school..

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by stexsy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
waste of public funds...

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Lumyboi(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2014

Givin 1M to every family wil in no way elp d situation of d state e is governing. If our leaders wil do dia bits in office, mayb fewer pple wil need diz raw cash e is throwin abt. It is jst barbaric

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pimplucious: 4:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
Elli-dude:
You got a point but you must know, its impossible to send all those suffering kids to school..

Are u serious? Did u say impossible? Do u realize these guy got their education practically free? U should know that the decay as witness in Nigeria today all started at these guys generation? I wont agree with that at all.

18 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
It was a cheque he gave her for #1,000000
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Abariwiseman: 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
this man has disapponted edo people!

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by omenka(m): 4:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
@ Op. Why hyperventilate over an event who's details you are oblivious of? Firstly, do you know what time of the day the pic was taken? What makes you think the child is suposed to be in school at that time? Secondly, do you know what transpired between the gov and the kid? For instance, there was a day i was at a gas station to get some fuel. Saw a kid hawking kashew nuts looking shaby and all. Twas around 9am n i thought she should be in school. Called her, bought one and enquired why she isnt in school and she told me she was chased away cos she had yet to pay her fees. Asked how much n she said N500 (guesed they run the ubec stuff). Luckily i had just that amount left on me. Handed it to her and told her to make sure she goes to school the next day. I'm saying this cos from your viewpoint, the gov erred but i put it to you the pic tells us nothing about what hapened there on the long run but just captures a PARTICULAR SECOND of time. He may have issued some huge money or scholarship or anything, the pic doesnt say. And by the way, would it have been more appropriate had he totally ignored the hawker, since your query borders on his patronage?

160 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
pimp_lucious :

Are u serious? Did u say impossible? Do u realize these guy got their education practically free? U should know that the decay as witness in Nigeria today all started at these guys generation? I wont agree with that at all.
Now there are many things involved in this FREE SCHOOL for kids...

The issue of massive recruitment of mostly unqualified teachers..Which causes more loss of public funds and so much more..

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good point Omenka..

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by gratieao: 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
APC and cheap attention

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 4:39pm On Jan 08, 2014
I think am jst loving this man, he knows hw to let the money out. Atleast who knws who will be next in his kind gesture parade. Maybe me. I will go and bring my granny frm the village cos it seems na old woman go be next in line and more so it seems women are favoured most. Or better still i will go and get all d orphan in my village nd bring them down to start hawking during school hours maybe jst maybe i will be lucky that one of them is favoured by God to meet our kind and giving governor. The 2M to the Go & Die widow and this little gal 1M don reach to send or upgrade like 20 unemployed youth for the state either to start a SME or to go get their masters degree. Am jst assuming pls correct me if am wrong. Thanx

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by pimplucious: 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
omenka: @ Op. Why hyperventilate over an event who's details you are oblivious of? Firstly, do you know what time of the day the pic was taken? What makes you think the child is suposed to be in school at that time? Secondly, do you know what transpired between the gov and the kid? For instance, there was a day i was at a gas station to get some fuel. Saw a kid hawking kashew nuts looking shaby and all. Twas around 9am n i thought she should be in school. Called her, bought one and enquired why she isnt in school and she told me she was chased away cos she had yet to pay her fees. Asked how much n she told te N500 (guessed they run the ubec stuff). Luckily i had just that amount on me, and i handed it to her, telling her to make sure she goes to school the next day. I'm saying cos from your viewpoint, the gov erred but i put it to you the pic tells us nothing about what hapened there on the long run but just captures a PARTICULAR SECOND of time. He may have issued some huge money or scholarship or anything, the pic doesnt say. And by the way, would it have been more appropriate if he had totally ignored the hawker, since your query borders on his patronage?

If u ask me I'd say he should summon up courage and resign for the fact a kid is is hawking under his watch as governor.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by slikcipher(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
he can give d girl 1M but can't pay corp members........ smh

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
UNUANE Funny you..Imagine if everyone built up that idea?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Kairoseki77: 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
I wont be a hypocrite.

If op is correct, then this girl should be in school.

If he gave her 1 million naira, the obvious question is did he give HIS money, or did he give the girl HER MONEY that he stole from her previously.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
Elli-dude:
UNUANE Funny you..Imagine if everyone built up that idea?
My broda am jst thinking that and it might just work for me who knows since our amiable Governor gives away cash to any pathetic scene he comes across. Na season 2 we dey nw maybe na me go be next for season 3
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Ellidude(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
unuane1: My broda am jst thinking that and it might just work for me who knows since our amiable Governor gives away cash to any pathetic scene he comes across. Na season 2 we dey nw maybe na me go be next for season 3
Lol..
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by kokoA(m): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2014
Elli-dude:
are you kidding me? :O Nigeria is capable of offering all her children quality education till the level of J.S.S 3! Infact, education at that level should be a right not a privilege.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by rman: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Our politicians know we are so gullible and sentimental.

'' Go and Die" saga should have made Osho cool down and not draw unnecesaary attention like this to himself. No, he just has to be seen buying plaintan chips in public within a very short period.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by ignis: 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2014
It's heard, not had.

I doubt that rumour is true.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Any responsible government will nt go abt throwing money in this fashion. He was elected governor not to a few bt to all. You think dat the widow nd this little gal cases are worse cases among the masses, bt i say no cos there are even worst cases than the two cases. What i expect he or his government to do is to roll out policies that will touch virtually every1 life in the state or direct policies that will specifically target the lesser or under privilage in the state. There are sum widows dat cant even raise #20,000 to start up that small pepper biz that if they engage in will be rollin in atlease #200 or #300 every day. Jst imagine spliting 3M to genuine widows allowing them #50.000 each do u knw hw many widows will benefit frm dat. Do u knw the multiplyin effects. But i will go for the former by rolling out policies dat will directly touch people lives. That's hw u will be greatly remembered for touching a lot of lives.

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Pokemon43(f): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
pimp_lucious :
Why can't our Dear (attention sick) governor just stay off the media for once? This is absolute display of sheer ignorance and worst still, his social Media Assistant comes online to publish these insulting pictures when he should be ashamed of the actions of his boss.

The child in this photo is supposed to be preparing for school, or be in school doing something more deserving and not hawking. The governor (with this show of shame) is endorsing child abuse and child labor, buying chips from a child who is hawking on the streets. Only in a society devoid of good governance this kind of child abuse is celebrated. Should we be jumping up celebrating it as good gesture or humanity? what do you expect? A governor who didn't pass through a primary school system will never know who should be in school and who should be hawking.
go tell d child mama,u nor dey benin so nor yan n how,go benin go look trader wey dey there even goats obey pass dem,dem don turn walk way to dump site sef on top of say road for two cars dem don shade enter road so tay car dey try to squeeze pass one way,especially new benin traders, so nor conclude lyk dat.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Yes, wrong for the child to be selling on the street, but nothing to show that it was not after school hour, and nothing to show that the governor was not trying to do that to help the child, there are so many gray areas . . . Not saying hawking is a good thing for the kid oh, but we need to know the full detail before nailing the dude to the cross

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by unuane1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
ignis:
It's heard, not had.

I doubt that rumour is true.
Thanks for d correction ok. Bt i'm nt an english graduate oo bt sumtimes pple make mistakes with words. All again tanx. Lol i did nt see the news but i read it online. Bt dats nt to say its nt true because trust me my governor will nt jst buy frm the little gal without wanting to impress the public to show his kind gesture nd sympathetic nature.
Re: Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
[quote author=pimp_lucious ]Why can't our Dear (attention sick) governor just stay off the media for once? This is absolute display of sheer ignorance and worst still, his social Media Assistant comes online to publish these insulting pictures when he should be ashamed of the actions of his boss.

The child in this photo is supposed to be preparing for school, or be in school doing something more deserving and not hawking. The governor (with this show of shame) is endorsing child abuse and child labor, Its obvious the op is hating....Why not GO and DIE?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari / Buhai Reacts To David Cameron's Statement About Nigeria / Buhari Defeats Atiku In Kwankwansos LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.