Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway (1592 Views)

Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack / New York Times Special Report On Buhari's Inauguration / Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by awodman: 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2014
Traveling along the strategic Abuja-Lokoja highway has
over the years been a nightmare for commuters and
motorists.

That appears to be coming to an end pretty soon
as the dualization of the highway is nearing
completion.

AIT’s Mustapha Mohammed, who went on a
monitoring tour of the road, tells us that the end of
the notorious traffic jam that the road is known for
may just be closer than we may think.

The Abuja-Lokoja highway is one of the major traveling routes that link northern and southern parts of Nigeria.

For years, motorists have run into traffic jams in various sections of the road especially during the festivities.

The Gwagwalada section of the road has contributed in no small measure to the problems of motorists on the said road. The dualisation of that section of the road has, however, removed the negative experience usually attached to traveling on that part of the road.

The road dualisation has facilitated movement and
erased gridlocks.

A commercial driver, Eni Chinedu, spoke with our
correspondent and attested to the fact that the
work is being done on the road.

According to him, dualisation has started on many
portions of the road but are yet to begin on others.

Another commercial driver who spoke with
our correspondents, Jonathan Ojoma, happily
attested to the fact that great improvements have
taken place on the road.

“It is more better than before according to my
experience on the road.”

The Project Manager, Dantata Sawoe, Roy
Hungushi, who is in charge of a significant part of
the road also spoke with AIT. He said:

“As contractors, we did all that we can to make
sure that we work hand in hand with the
government to make sure we give them what is
required.”

However, the uncompleted section of the road and
bridge at Abaji is still giving motorists something to
worry about.[\b]

[b]The Project engineer with RCC, the company in
charge of that section of the road, has however
promised that, with the present pace of work, the
section will be completed in 2 months.

The engineer, Tal Yoseph, also spoke with AIT at
the scene. He said:
“You can see the bridge is almost 95% completed.
It remains only the carriage way.”

A Ministry of works official, Bola Aganaba, says the
days of gridlock on the highway is over.

The Abuja-Lokoja road is expected to be fully ready
for use by April 2014.

aitonline.tv/post-state_of_abuja_lokoja_highway

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Gboliwe: 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Most of us are used to traffic jams on our highways, Lokoja- Abuja's isn't different. What we (users) complain of is the everyday fatal accidents on that road. Who is a Nigerian who doesn't know of someone that died on that road. If its the dualisation thta will stop the accidents, then kudos, but if its just to ease traffic, I'll suggest the fund be pushed into another worthwhile project
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gboliwe: Most of us are used to traffic jams on our highways, Lokoja- Abuja's isn't different. What we (users) complain of is the everyday fatal accidents on that road. Who is a Nigerian who doesn't know of someone that died on that road. If its the dualisation thta will stop the accidents, then kudos, but if its just to ease traffic, I'll suggest the fund be pushed into another worthwhile project

Smh! Government is repairing a bad road and the same time dualizing it and you are spewing rubbish.

Why don't you tell us the cause of the accidents

So dualizing a road is no longer a worthwhile project? Smh.

1 Like

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by slimthugchimee(m): 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please help me am very cold this frsh air is too much gej till 2019

4 Likes

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by 1MCN: 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gboliwe: Most of us are used to traffic jams on our highways, Lokoja- Abuja's isn't different. What we (users) complain of is the everyday fatal accidents on that road. Who is a Nigerian who doesn't know of someone that died on that road. If its the dualisation thta will stop the accidents, then kudos, but if its just to ease traffic, I'll suggest the fund be pushed into another worthwhile project
Eh eh, are you serious? So if you were in the position to render advice to the gov't this is what you'd bring to the table? And we're complaining!

2 Likes

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by atlwireles: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by ResourceMan(m): 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2014

YOU ARE SHAMELESS

2 Likes

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
That is great. But the minister of works should also increase the pace works on other roads, especially southeast roads.
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Gboliwe: 9:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
None of you is worth being replied.

I'll reiterate, if the reason why they are dualising the road is to ease traffic, the government should just look for something else to do. I should think the reason is to reduce the everday accidents because of the single lane that spans many kms with dangerous bends.

I hope somebody gets to go hungry tonite in anger because of my post tongue
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by taharqa: 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2014
Where is that pathetic e-CLOWN, @Omo_liar??

1 Like

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2014
Gboliwe: None of you is worth being replied.

I'll reiterate, if the reason why they are dualising the road is to ease traffic, the government should just look for something else to do. I should think the reason is to reduce the everday accidents because of the single lane that spans many kms with dangerous bends.

Their criticisms of your post are quite justified.
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by jmaine: 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
taharqa: Where is that pathetic e-CLOWN, @Omo_liar??

You mean Omo_Dunce ?? grin. He is cooking up something, just wait for him . . . .

6 Likes

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
I have been on that road on three different occasions, and they were quite unpleasant experiences. On one of those occasions I was seated in a taxi right behind a Dangote truck, and traffic was slow-moving due to the fact that only one side of the road was in use. The silly truck driver tried to swerve onto the other half of the road (where vehicles on the opposing side were supposed to ply) without checking to see if vehicles were coming from there. Unfortunately there was an oncoming Peace Mass Transit Bus, and its driver had to swerve sharply away from the truck (to avoid a head-on collision). The bus turned on its side, AT FULL SPEED, and fell off the road into a pile of sand nearby. The truck driver tried to escape, but I and the driver of my taxi eventually chased him down, overtook and reported him to some FRSC officials at the next checkpoint. I didn't get to find out whether the driver was eventually arrested, or what happened to the occupants of that Peace bus.

The events of that day made me truly understand the urgent need for dualization of all major highways in the country.

Good job by the Federal Government.

1 Like

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by enm(m): 12:19am On Jan 09, 2014
Gboliwe: None of you is worth being replied.

Bro you got it wrong easing of traffic on the road is something worthwhile doing as it will increase one,s productivity so to me it a worthwhile venture.

To address your concern , the answer is very simple. Change of attitude to on the part of all road user. When it come to road usage we are very reckless and impatient always trying to claim right when we are clearly at fault. One of my boss said to me and my colleague on our way home " when you are driving assume that you are the only sane man on the road and the rest suffering from insanity"

Most accident on road are not cause by bad road but by our bad attitude toward road usage. I pray we change because with this bad attitude of us only God knows what will happen we all our road become good.

1 Like

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 09, 2014
Kudos to GEJ and shame on APC e-supporters starting from the 1diot Gboliwe undecided
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by taharqa: 11:36am On Jan 09, 2014
jmaine:

You mean Omo_Dunce ?? grin. He is cooking up something, just wait for him . . . .
He still nova come, lol??
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by jmaine: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
taharqa: He still nova come, lol??

The demon is ashamed na . . . . grin
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by ratiken(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
And one idiot will come here to tell me that GEJ has no capacity to perform.
Am so amazed as he does so many things at the same time without noise or propaganda.
If this is bad governance, I need more of it.
At least we have the report card for OBJ, IBB, Tinubu, Atiku etc.
GEJ TILL 2027.
Will this ever make front page on APC's nairaland.

1 Like

Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by taharqa: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2014
rati ken: And one idiot will come here to tell me that GEJ has no capacity to perform.
Am so amazed as he does so many things at the same time without noise or propaganda.
If this is bad governance, I need more of it.
At least we have the report card for OBJ, IBB, Tinubu, Atiku etc.
GEJ TILL 2027.
Will this ever make front page on APC's nairaland.
Gbam!!
Re: AIT Special Report: State Of Abuja-lokoja Expressway by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fresh Air unlimited.....

(1) (Reply)

A’ibom Guber 2015: Bassey Albert Bows To Pressure / Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? / KORO To Defect From PDP... Considering APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.