Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? (1583 Views)

Before Ecomog Goes Into Cote D’ivoire / Ecomog Soldiers Are Ill-disciplined,thieves And Cant Save The Day In Ivory Coast / Ecomog Operations Re-visited. What Have We Learnt From The Past. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by rebranded(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
The ECOMOG is a West African armed force for ECOWAS members.

It is embarrassing the way the Nigerian Army is being tortured by boko haram and time for external help to come in. The western world would not send their army to come and rescue Nigeria because the Nigerian Govt watched this grow to this level (and keeps growing).

Whats your opinion about need for ECOMOG urgently?
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by motherlode: 2:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Hmmmm
Arms locked in and currently shaking ma head.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by cjrane: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ecomog soldiers are perhaps the best guarantee to fight Boko haram. Nigerian army have been so infiltrated by Boko haram moles that it is useless trying to use it against Boko haram
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by ladi02(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
FG gives impression we dont have enough men in our army to fight this insurgents

so YES!
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by saintneo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
Nigeria contributes about 50% of the soldiers in ECOMOG.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
What is Ecomog
What is NA.
Op

1 Like

Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by saintikechi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
Send in the OPC or bakassi boys, they'll do a better job.

1 Like

Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by ladi02(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
We in france do not know what ECOMOG is grin
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by rebranded(m): 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
saintneo:

The remaining 50% will not be biased like our Nigerian Army, constantly leaving posts and allowing BK to strike our brothers and sisters in the North
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by tit(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
take a look at the CAR.
the army could not stop the seleka rebels.
the local people did.

i pity the people of Mubi who relied on the Army to save them.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by overhypedsteve(m): 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Oh! Boy ECOMOG soldiers ve always been the once fighting BOKOHARAM why? Because Nigerian soldiers makes up 85% of ECOMOG and Nigeria is the biggest sponsor of ECOMOG so most of the nigerian soldiers in SAmbisa are ex- ECOMOG war heroes. You re hearing that BOKOHARAM is giving our diehard hausa and fulani soldiers a Tough time and you want us to send in Ghanian and sieraleone's shoe shining boys scout? Are you kidding me? What do you think bokoharam is? I just piety you. There is no where in the history of African conflicts history that any group in Africa have recorded so much atrocities in the name of religion like bokoharam has done. Even Uthman Dan fodio will be envying the bastards in his Grave.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by saintneo(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
rebranded:

The remaining 50% will not be biased like our Nigerian Army, constantly leaving posts and allowing BK to strike our brothers and sisters in the North

According to the info I got, this guerilla warfare by boko haram is difficult. They possess better and long-range military equipment.

For me, the politicians should take a salary cut, then we invest the money in deporting people from these troubled regions, provide shelter/camps for them, then face boko haram squarely.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by overhypedsteve(m): 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
saintneo:
i beg to disagree my man. Nigeria contributes 85% troops to Ecomog. Nigeria leads ecomog. Nigeria created ecomog, ecomog headquaters is in Nigeria.we ll not allow a boys scout army from any of our poor westafrica brothers to enforce law on our citizens for us.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by egift(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
At this rate, we may not be far from it shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by rebranded(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
overhypedsteve:
i beg to disagree my man. Nigeria contributes 85% troops to Ecomog. Nigeria leads ecomog. Nigeria created ecomog, ecomog headquaters is in Nigeria.we ll not allow a boys scout army from any of our poor westafrica brothers to enforce law on our citizens for us.

What if your "army" for the last 2yrs are unable to disarm a bunch of crazy group, vigilante groups are even doing better than the army so why wont a boys scout army from other westafrican countries be requested...Even Cameroon's army is doing better
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by overhypedsteve(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
rebranded:

What if your "army" for the last 2yrs are unable to disarm a bunch of crazy group, vigilante groups are even doing better than the army so why wont a boys scout army from other westafrican countries be requested...Even Cameroon's army is doing better
1. The united state and its allies have stayed in IRaq for years yet ISIS grew under its watch. Insurgency never stops it can only be managed. Take for example the militancy in the ND, although the amnesty scheme was able to stop the larger crisis, we still have operation thunderstorm today in Benin and Delta trying to manage some of the pocket conflicts.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by tinkinjow: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Like u no nothing about ecomog. ecomog = d nigerian military force
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
tit:
take a look at the CAR.
the army could not stop the seleka rebels.
the local people did.

i pity the people of Mubi who relied on the Army to save them.

I concor. My only fear is that when people raise up arms to fight, the hardly put them down after the war. An example is libya.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by rebranded(m): 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
overhypedsteve:
1. The united state and its allies have stayed in IRaq for years yet ISIS grew under its watch. Insurgency never stops it can only be managed. Take for example the militancy in the ND, although the amnesty scheme was able to stop the larger crisis, we still have operation thunderstorm today in Benin and Delta trying to manage some of the pocket conflicts.

The US does not have any ground troops in Iraq plus at least Saddam and his top guys were taken out, as well as the main militancy group in ND.

13,000 Nigerians have died if not more from Boko Haram, It has passed time to keep doing same things, outside help might be the only solution.

Do you know how much the government is supposed to spend to protect 1 life not to talk of loosing 13,000 Nigerians in their land, in their country
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by ladi02(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
This internal war has gone on for too long. We cannot wait for another chibok to happen before requesting for foreign help again. The increasing number of deaths alone is enough reason. If not ECOMOG some UN soldiers might not be a bad idea
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by overhypedsteve(m): 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
rebranded:

The US does not have any ground troops in Iraq plus at least Saddam and his top guys were taken out, as well as the main militancy group in ND.

13,000 Nigerians have died if not more from Boko Haram, It has passed time to keep doing same things, outside help might be the only solution.

Do you know how much the government is supposed to spend to protect 1 life not to talk of loosing 13,000 Nigerians in their land, in their country
i believe and understand you. The life of a citizen of any country is the topmost priority of the government, in fact i once attended a lecture on strategic studies where it was held that the national interest of a state is based on two factors.
1. Protection of the sovereignty of that state.
2. Protection of its citizens
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by iterator25: 6:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
rebranded:

Nigerian army has moles, even the west will not be able to do anything. the only option is to bench all military personnel and let the west do the face-off [which the Nigerian govt will never agree to]
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by Omimah: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
ladi02:
We in france do not know what ECOMOG is grin
Pray that they don't get to "France", where you are.
Re: Should ECOMOG Come In And Help Fight Boko Haram? by philantoxx(m): 7:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
dat may just be it.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Trying To Get Reelected By Blaming US For Boko Haram- FP / Amaechi, Tinubu May Clash Over Buhari’s Think Tank / Obiano Stops Convoy To Help Accident Victims To Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.