Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire (2176 Views)

Alternative To Staying In Hertfordshire? / Where Can I Rent A Car In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by deor03(m): 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2008
Dear Nairalanders,

I need to rent a room for a month in Hatfield from 1st of October 2008, currently i am based in the North east. I know there is a university in the area, and i am sure there would be Nigerians there.

I will be in town for one month ONLY and i don't mind if anybody knows who can Let a room for just one month .

I will be working at the Hatfield Business Park , Hertfordshire. AL10 9BW, so ideally i wouldn't mind a place that is a walking distance

Thanks for your anticipated help.

My email address is deor03@yahoo.com
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by funkybaby(f): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2008
why not check out www.gumtree.com Click on Luton/environs. Check out property listings in that area. You will get some rooms at average rates. If you are making the enquiries from nigeria, the advertisers might be a lil skeptical and might not want to deal with you (so many advertisers there have fallen prey to naija boys cheque scams and the likes), so i'll advice you get someone in UK to talk to them/make payments on your behalf.
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by deor03(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2008
Thanks funkybaby

I am resident in UK, Called a couple of guys on gumtree but did not get good responce
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by funkybaby(f): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2008
you welcome. Do you stay presently in herts or you know anyone that stays around? I think its every thursday-free newspaper delivered in each home containing lots of listing of vacant apartments. If you could lay your hands on it,am very sure you will get a nice place/good rent before october.
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by deor03(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2008
No.,. I am far away in Scotland.

I can imagine the rush especially in a university town in October.
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by funkybaby(f): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ok. Naija no too plenty for herts. Dunno about hatsfield but am very sure of hemel hempstead. Maybe you should keep trying gumtree. You might just be lucky. I guess they are not really too eager cos your planned stay is rather short-one month.
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by deor03(m): 5:17pm On Aug 09, 2008
yeah, I guess the one month thing is the problem, no wahala but i'll keep trying
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by biggy08(f): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2008
I work in hatfield biz park also there are few nigerians here not even few we've got quite a lot of them mostly students the best place is the local paper like funke said but since u leave in scotland i dont know how u can get dat and since u would be staying for a month i dont think dat would be easy since most landlords always want to let out their rooms for a minimum of 6 months. The option i would suggest to u is to call the University in hatfield they rent out rooms during the holiday u can contact them on 01707284000 and ask for the accomodations office i hope that helps
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by deor03(m): 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2008
biggy08:

I work in hatfield biz park also there are few nigerians here not even few we've got quite a lot of them mostly students the best place is the local paper like funke said but since u leave in scotland i don't know how u can get that and since u would be staying for a month i don't think that would be easy since most landlords always want to let out their rooms for a minimum of 6 months. The option i would suggest to u is to call the University in hatfield they rent out rooms during the holiday u can contact them on 01707284000 and ask for the accomodations office i hope that helps

Thanks for your help. I will give a call to the UNI accomodations office
Re: Need To Rent A Room For One Month In Hatfield, Hertfordshire by biggy08(f): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2008
With students resuming in October i dont think the uni would be able to offer you accomodation. Try these Bed & Breakfast accomodation numbers 01707323594, 01707262076, 01707268651, 01707270871, 017073514000

(1) (Reply)

Cheepest And Reliable Flight To Usa / Travelling With Right Of Abode / Oct 2017 Saskatchewan SINP EE Batch. Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.