Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? (3705 Views)

Have You Seen This Solar Device? (pictures) / How Is The Hamattan In Your Area...? / Why Birds Don't Get Electrocuted When They Climb Electric Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 11:08am On Jan 09, 2014
What can you say about them?

Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by kasheemawo(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2014
yes...........yoruba call it kanakana
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by Doughboysss: 11:32am On Jan 09, 2014
They are called ravens
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 11:43am On Jan 09, 2014
Dough_boy$$$:
They are called ravens

Debatable, but they are the same family.
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2014
kasheemawo: yes...........yoruba call it kanakana

They kind of look weird but their numbers are increasing just like eagles too. Eagles in my area put up a spectacular aerodynamic show on December 27. Too bad, I could not capture it on camera, the crows were around too but I am not sure what they were trying to achieve by getting in the middle of the action. After all, they came for the party leftovers and the eagles came to hunt lizards and the likes.
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Wikipedia entry on the birds- Pied Crows

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied_Crow
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by nedu2000(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2014
Shakekele.....it makes human finger nails white
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by laykhorn(m): 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
I noticed these birds on the roof on our street on Monday...

I hope they are not wild though
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2014
maclatunji:
Eagles in my area put up a spectacular aerodynamic show on the December 27.

You mean hawks!
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2014
1supremo:

You mean hawks!

Why would you insist they are hawks? You have something against eagles?
Re: Have You Seen These Birds In Your Area? by maclatunji: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
laykhorn: I noticed these birds on the roof on our street on Monday...

I hope they are not [b]wild [/b]though

I guess you mean "wild" as in "crazy". Aside from their eerie sound, they go about minding their business without disturbing anyone unless you have food that they like.

(1) (Reply)

My Experiments With Radiant Energy(free Energy) / Ipv5 200w Tc Or Vaporshark 200w Or Snowwolf 200w Tc Mod ? / How Do I Get Rid Of Cockroaches In My House...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.