Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) (813 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomhole Buying Plantain Chips On The Road Side (pic) / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo has shown constant benevolence towards less privileged residents of his state. Oshiomole recently gave a widow N2 million and awarded her son a scholarship. He also extended an offer of a government sponsored education to Daniel Ihekhina, a teenager who stowed away on an Arik flight last year. Governor Oshiomole’s generosity has again become a subject of discussion as he gave a plantain hawker a cheque for N1 million yesterday during an inspection of the New Benin market. Do you think the governor has gone too far?

Re: Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by pinkluv(f): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
oshe baba,
Re: Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by pinkluv(f): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2014
thats an act of kindness from him.i don port go benin,please how can i write my own post@mods help
Re: Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
Im try..Hawking is paying off in benin now o grin..make I join dem hawkers..
Re: Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Is this sustainable though? You can't gift every hawker a million naira.

There would need to be a structure in place that helps decide who gets state funds, and how. Scholarships to less privileged kids for instance is a good way to go, where applicants will need to show evidence of being poor to have access to funds. This should happen concurrently with the enforcement of the law to remove hawkers from the streets. I am talking 24/7/365 enforcement. I know some Nigerians make bad law enforcers, but if I were Governor for instance, and I was driving by and saw hawkers on the street after the law has already been passed, I think I would hold the enforcers designated to that area more responsible than the hawkers themselves, I might even ensure they get fired. This will help the next set of enforces to move closer to 24/7/365 enforcement.

I stopped buying all this unsustainable showmanship along time ago, like a governor gives this, a governor gives that.

What we need is sustainability, it's not by accident that there are no hawkers on the streets of the U.S or other developed countries. We can replicate that here with good sustainable governance in all states.
Re: Meet The Plantain Chips Seller Who Got Oshiomole’s N1million Gift (pic) by johnstar(m): 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2014
gud for d gal

(1) (Reply)

Un’s Millennium Development Goals For Indigenous Peoples ”biafra” / 2015: Igbo Will Rule Lagos, Says Umeh / Battle For Lagos: APC Leadership Only Interested In Taking Over Public Property,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.