Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (23708 Views)

Ibori To Complete Jail Term In Nigeria / James Ibori And Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / 18 Soldiers Get Death, Jail Terms Over Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by GEJman: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
ojofu: Noooo......, ibori should remain in uk prison or else, he will be set free by the nigerian govt or court.
.....just read your tweet again. i guess you are a kid. if not ask yourself who masterminded the Ibori's travails? Don't forget the Late Umaru Musa Yar'Adua was shielding and protecting James Ibori
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
Oh, the prophecy of James Ibori being free before May 2015 is real..
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by elampiro(m): 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sahara reporters got this one spot on.
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Cmoyor: 2:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
early exit frm jail term for ibori
i weep for my country!!!
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Not news. Sahara reporter already wrote a piece about it some months back.
I wasn't surprised so would many discerning people.
SR bleeps up but most often than not, there is an element of truth in their reports.
Ibori is still very popular in delta state just as alams is in bayelsa and al-mustapha is in the north. Its all about 2015.

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
Watz up with d £1million again now. They just want to dash aal this thieves money again

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by pheesayor(m): 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
Despite the various outcries, GEJ seems to be unstoppable sad

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
silami: •Budgets N280m for Nigeria prisons
Senator Iroegbu and Grace Chimezie

The government United Kingdom (UK) in line with prisoners transfer and exchange agreement with the Federal Government has concluded plans to repatriate former governor of Delta state, James Ibori and many other Nigerians in various UK Prisons, in order to complete their jail terms in the country.

In addition, the British government has also promised to give the country one million pounds [about N280 million] to assist on comprehensive reformation of the Nigerian Prisons for the comfort of the inmates.

This was disclosed Thursday by the UK Minister of Justice, Mr. Jeremy Wright while fielding questions with journalists when he visited the Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro to finalise the process of prisoner exchange between Britain and Nigeria.
Details to follow
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uk-james-ibori-others-to-complete-jail-terms-in-nigeria/168430/

The controller of prisons should be pressing calculator by now...

3 Likes

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by ril19(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
British government don try for us o. Successfully prosecute this man and bring him to book. Something he would have bought his way out of if the prosecution had taken place in Nigeria. I'm of the opinion that if he returns to Nigeria, he is as ggood as freed.Nigerian factor for you.
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
silami: •Budgets N280m for Nigeria prisons
Senator Iroegbu and Grace Chimezie

The government United Kingdom (UK) in line with prisoners transfer and exchange agreement with the Federal Government has concluded plans to repatriate former governor of Delta state, James Ibori and many other Nigerians in various UK Prisons, in order to complete their jail terms in the country.

In addition, the British government has also promised to give the country one million pounds [about N280 million] to assist on comprehensive reformation of the Nigerian Prisons for the comfort of the inmates.

This was disclosed Thursday by the UK Minister of Justice, Mr. Jeremy Wright while fielding questions with journalists when he visited the Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro to finalise the process of prisoner exchange between Britain and Nigeria.
Details to follow
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uk-james-ibori-others-to-complete-jail-terms-in-nigeria/168430/

[img]http://3.bp..com/-kuu3fqOcdi4/UMUcNxM0mnI/AAAAAAAABwo/MN9sM7-wpqc/s1600/steve-carrell-nooo.gif[/img]

As soon as Ibori Lands in Nigeria, his prison would be a Big Mansion next to Yuzedos crib at Banana Island..

Cecilia Ibru never saw the 4 walls of Kirikiri.

Please UK, Keep Ibori there. Please.. Or get one of the inmates to shank him to death..

Alam Diepreye is out - Bayelsa is Covered.
Al-Mustafa is out - The North is being worked on..
Bola Ige's slate has been wiped clean - So he is back in the game for the West.
James Ibori is also close by..

And some people think that Jonathan does not know what he is doing... grin

So officially, all the corrupt Politicians in Nigeria are walking free.. grin

Anybody wey say ehn want revolution needs to start from scratch. Our revolution can only come from the inside out.. A New NATIONAL PARTY should be formed. Give it 6 - 10 years to gain good followership. Start the revolution from the LGAs. Then slowly take the States and Finally the Presidency. A Man is presently in Nigerian Prisons death row for robbing his Okada passengers at Gunpoint of their GSMs.. Cecilia Ibru is free Clubbing and Partying after stealing Billions from Nigerians via various dubious means.

5 Likes

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
For the love of God let them complete their frigging jail terms where they were convicted! What kinda shaiit is this

FVCK!!!

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee: James ibori is a british citizen duhhhh

He isn't getting out anytime soon

okay, so he is more british than he is nigerian? Stop being kindergarten here...
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by LadyH(f): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44: Another set amnesty grants coming up
I hope not! angry
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Ayomidegbenga: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Have you all forgotten what prophet T.B JOSHUA once told President Jonathan about 2015 election? For Jonathan to win the election he must free/rescue the duo of Al-Mustapha and lbori, l think it is coming to reality.Believe it or leave it.
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by mayo47(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
fr3do: Watsup with the £1m?
Nigeria is not poor.

I support the transfer.
We are an independent country,we should be able to discipline our citizens.

Fine we are an independent nation but the question is have we been able to objectively discipline our citizens..
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Asemo11(m): 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
And when he comes back he will be treated like a warrior who went and conkar a new land I weep for my people who's faces has been cover with a vail of poverty anyways I jos day obseve till then
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by SEEMESEEMEO(m): 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
Presidential pardon awaits him the minute he steps into this country.................
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
Now...even if you are caught and tried in UK.. Just tell them to send you back... Gej is really trying for corruption o...APC all the way 2015
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by ROCKJ1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
God help us in this country.
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44: Another set amnesty grants coming up

For real
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by 500GP: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
fr3do:
Olodo
Is the president an igbo man?

MUGUN

IS AL MUSTAPHA IBO MAN ? GUY WAKE UP.....
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Fadelex(m): 2:51pm On Jan 10, 2014
Lemme guess.... by October 1st, 2014, new sets of prisoners will be granted presidential amnesty as a gesture for independence day. and by January 1st 2015, new sets of ex-convicts will be granted presidential pardon because they've repented and suffered enough... accidentally James Ibori will accidentally be among those 2 sets. but before then, he will fall sick as soon as he lands in Nigeria and Nigeria prison service will not have medical equipment to take care of him so he will continue his prison term at home. then by Feb, he might wanna resurrect his political career by contesting for Delta central senatorial seat. Naija I hail thee o

6 Likes

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by oyecuteez(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
ikes9:
olodo
am very sure yhu are a Yoruba man...
yhu can't even spell/writer well
and who told yhu that GEJ is an Igbo man
This is why if I were in the senate I would pass a law Barning all Yoruba & Hausa people from using social medias or networks
Guy abeg go learn your vocabulary well.
oh

"Yhu can't even SPELL/WRITER WELL"

Your vocabulary is also poor
Bros! Abeg speak Pidgin. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nja147: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
Cost of keeping prisoners in Nigeria is quit cheap but in the UK the story is not the same. they are business minded and their style of governance is by association not like the French. They don't spend money on process that is not worth it.
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ok
They probably are tired of feeding them

Their stomach r too large
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by dounleedee: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
ikes9:
olodo
This is why if I were in the senate I would pass a law Barning all Yoruba & Hausa people from using social medias or networks
oh

It looks like a pot and kettle issue to me. Abeg make una grammatically softly softly write am, biko!
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by hotboz: 3:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
ikes9:
olodo
oh

Why don't u begin your own lessons by getting your spellings right

2 Likes

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by patriotic007: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ibori should be allowed to stay in Jail in the UK,.....Bringing him will over heat the polity,.....Am beginning to believe that TB Joshua said that GEJ would only win in 2015 if he releases al mustapha and ibori
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nairaboi(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
fr3do:
Olodo
Is the president an igbo man?
. ..No! but the same way everyone refers to the middle belt as Hausas
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
5.00GP:
GOATLUCK WILL FREE JAMES IBORI ....

WHEN WILL IBO STOP TARNISHING THE REPUTATION OF NIGERIA

Did you finish primary school? You just showed how low-spoked you are. And most NLs are like you unfortunately!
So as old as you are, you still do not know Nigerian tribes. Oya, go back to Kindergarten, Now!
For your learning, both Ibori & Jonathan are non-Ibos. I leave you with the assignment of researching to find out what tribe they belong to
Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by jaybee3(m): 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
Okija_juju:

Alam Diepreye is out - Bayelsa is Covered.
Al-Mustafa is out - The North is being worked on..
Bola Ige's Bode George's slate has been wiped clean - So he is back in the game for the West.
James Ibori is also close by..

And some people think that Jonathan does not know what he is doing... grin

So officially, all the corrupt Politicians in Nigeria are walking free.. grin

Re: Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
andyanders:

The greatest mistake the British will make is to hand over the 1 million pounds to any Nigerian government as that will enter into any of the official's hands and vanish.
Let the British come here and build whatever prison they want to build for them.
asif u know whats in my mind that £1m is already gone since i know they can come here to build but to give fg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A’court Upholds Ambode’s Victory, Fines Agbaje / Abdulmumni Jibril: Dogara Is A Pretender, Hypocrite & A Coward / What I Discussed With President Buhari – Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.