Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

My Husband’s Return As Gov Certain, Divine —mrs Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Husband’s Return As Gov Certain, Divine —mrs Fayose (688 Views)

Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor / Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / David Mark Plots Return As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Husband’s Return As Gov Certain, Divine —mrs Fayose by ojowizzy: 9:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wife of a former governor of Ekiti State and a prominent Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant in the state, Mrs Feyisetan Fayose, has said that her husband, Mr Ayo Fayose, will be elected again as governor of the state in June this year.

Mrs Fayose, in an address she presented to PDP women on the occasion of her 50th birthday on Wednesday, said: “I am not a politician, I am a woman that believes in God. As the Lord liveth, I have simply come to announce to you and any other doubting Thomases of the inevitable return and restoration of my husband, Mr Peter Ayodele Fayose, to his seat as the next governor of Ekiti State.”

She told the large gathering of women from the 16 local government areas of the state at the Ayo Fayose Campaign Organisation (AFCO) headquarters in Ado Ekiti that “by the special grace of God, his return is certain, and so destined. I am telling you that nothing can stop him.”

Describing her husband, Mrs. Fayose said “Ayo Fayose is a man with a fierce outlook but with a good heart. He means well for the Ekiti people. You will agree with me that Fayose remains the best performed governor who did not plunge Ekiti into unnecessary debt,” noting that “rather, he left over N10 billion in the state coffer. No wonder, almost eight years after his exit, his name is still a household name.”

She assured the women that she would “protect the interest of women and ensure that the women get their dues in the incoming Fayose administration,” adding “I commend you to support him because he will surely return to the Government House.”

Speaking on the occasion, former Governor Fayose described his wife as “an appropriate balance and pillar of support,” and maintained that he is still of relevance in the politics of Ekiti State because he had interacted with the people of the state with truthfulness when he served as governor of the state.”

Fayose said it was too late for Governor Kayode Fayemi to plan to conduct local government elections in the state this 2014, saying “it is a belated effort. The time is up for the present government because the PDP has come to take over the government of Ekiti.”

Fayose, who likened himself to the biblical David, expressed confidence that his political relevance would be restored in 2014 because of the confidence he said the people had in his leadership.

Among those in attendance on the occasion were the Secretary of PDP in the state, Dr Tope Aluko; PDP State Publicity Secretary, Pastor Kola Oluwawole; wife of AFCO Director-General, Mrs Owoseni Ajayi; PDP State Woman Leader, Mrs Busola Oyebode; former Permanent Secretary, Dr (Mrs) Beatrice Alade; former Information Commissioner, Mr Gboyega Oguntuase; former Water Resource Commissioner, Chief Segun Akinwumi; Chairman, AFCO and former PDP Financial Secretary, Chief Ebenezer Oladipo; Mr Bimbo Oluwayose; PDP governorship aspirant, Mrs Cecelia Dada; women leaders; former PDP local government party chairmen and party members.

(1) (Reply)

Activists Organise Mock Session At Edo Assembly / Osun Election: INEC Orders Electoral Commissioner To Proceed On Leave / Apapa's Traffic(s.o.s) Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.