Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,003 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos (55355 Views)

PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Visits Sultan Of Sokoto / Wike Visits Agip Oil Company / Wike Visits Dilapidated Secondary School (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by viviangist3: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ogoni killings: Governor Wike visits Yeghe and Bori, declares that perpetrators will be brought to justice

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that all those involved in the killing of innocent Ogoni people and residents of Ogoniland will be brought to justice , saying that nobody will be allowed to play politics with the lives of Rivers People.

The governor declared that the military must subject itself to civil authority, pointing out that as Chief Security Officer of Rivers State, he was not informed of the operation that led to loss of innocent lives of Ogoni people and residents of the area.

He accused some politicians of deliberately instigating crisis in the state to create room for the evil declaration of state of emergency plotted by enemies of Rivers People.

Governor Wike spoke on Thursday when led the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Mr Musa Kimo and top police officers on a fact finding mission to Yeghe community in Gokana Local Government Area, affected communities in Bori and Mortuaries where those killed by soldiers were deposited.

He said: "The Rivers State Government will take up this unfortunate incident with the appropriate authorities. The military must subject itself to civil authority. I am the chief security officer of this state. Before any deployment of soldiers, I should be informed, but in this case I was not aware.

"I will always support the security agencies in the fight against criminals and criminality, but I will never support the killing of innocent persons. That is why I am here today for an on-the-spot assessment. I have seen for myself the destruction in Yeghe and the killings that took place. I went to the Mortuaries to see the corpses and the relatives of the deceased confirmed they were killed in the operation".

The governor stated: "I have told security agencies to be careful so that they are not misled by politicians. As your governor, I have never used soldiers because I don't need them. When I see people not in government moving around with soldiers, I am surprised. If you are popular with your people, you have no reason to move with soldiers. "

While urging the Ogoni people not to take the laws into their hands, Governor Wike said: "All those who masterminded these killings will face justice. They are busy causing crisis because of their evil plan to declare a state of emergency in the state. Since they failed in my case, they will fail in others because God is greater than them".

Governor Wike noted that he has always advised the military to arrest criminals and hand them over to the police for prosecution in line with the rules of engagement and not to take actions that would harm innocent citizens.

He denied ever making inflammatory statements on the Ogoni political arena, saying that he only campaigned for his political party. According to him, it is within his political right to guide the people on the electoral choice they have to make in the interest of the state.

Governor Wike said that the state government will hold a comprehensive security council meeting on Thursday on the Ogoni Security Situation.

A statement by Simeon Nwakaudu, Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Electronic Media noted that thousands of wailing bereaved widows, youths, children, widowers and traders at Yeghe and Bori displayed photographs of loved ones killed by soldiers. They also displayed placards condemning the military operation that claimed the lives of their loved ones.

Bari Zikpo, a retired police officer, told the governor that his first son was killed in the ill-fated operation by the military. He said the operation claimed many others in the town.

In Bori, David Gbarazie informed the governor that he lost his brother to the military operation.
Also in Bori, the Igbo community also informed the community that the military killed some traders in front of their shops. Spokesman for the Igbo traders in Bori, Mr Michael Akuchi said a trader Livinus Nwafor and his brother Kelechi Nwafor were killed by soldiers.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
25th February, 2016.

http://www.viviangist.com/ogoni-killings-governor-wike-visits-yeghe-and-bori-declares-that-perpetrators-will-be-brought-to-justice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by viviangist3: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2016

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by olaolaking: 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Did the soldiers use anything more than guns? I can't see bullet marks on those vehicles yet they are badly damaged. Those buildings were also crumbled. The story and the pictures do not completely synchronise.

The guy with bullet wounds is a warrior. With Ak47 bullet one at the waist and the other at the tummy, yet he can stand to take selfie after 3 days. it is either the army used a dane gun or something like may be miracle happens.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by ernesty20(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is what happens when u elect a former terrorist as a president

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by kingofchess(m): 1:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
what is rivers state turning in2.....Gov. Wike, God Almighty will give u the strength 2 rule ur people successfully. ijn. APC will not see u.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by whirlwind7(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is bizarre!
Didn't have any idea of the level of destruction by the army in those communities. The town looked like a hurricane swept through it.

Nigerian Army doesn't show discipline or restraint whenever they confront unarmed civilians.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Pheals(f): 1:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ogoni are ritualists? So politicians are not ritualists .. Y crying

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by viviangist3: 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2016

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Gabaleve(m): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
A
Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
undecided EVEN THO I DON'T SUPPORT THE SENSELESS KILLINGS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE OF THE SS/SE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A DIFFERENT REGIME FROM GEJ'S WEAK ONE. BUHARI AND BURATAI ARE MILITARY BLOODS AND WON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY CHEAP BLACKMAILS. NO MILITANT OR IPOD GROUPS WILL BE TOLERATED TO DISTRACT THE GOVERMENT. IF THE ARMY CAN WIPE OUT A SHIITE MUSLIM COMMUNITY IN THE NORTH, WHO ARE THE MISCREANTS FROM THE SOUTH TO DARE BUHARI? I HOPE THOSE SUPPORTING TOMPOLO IN GBARAMATU KINGDOM CAN SEE A SAMPLE OF WHAT AWAITS THEM undecided

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by dunkem21(m): 2:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
angry This is chilling cry

2 Likes

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by dukie25: 2:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Buhari would most probably end up at the Hague for crimes against humanity.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by chumada: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
APC...... God is watching ooooo cry cry angry sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by dustmalik: 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is what happens when you harbor criminals as sons and husbands. The Era of government condoning nonsense is over.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
will comment later
Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by omotoniwa(f): 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
That is what usually happens when u have creminal as children

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
olaolaking:
Did the soldiers use anything more than guns? I can't see bullet marks on those vehicles yet they are badly damaged. Those buildings were also crumbled. The story and the pictures do not completely synchronise.

The guy with bullet wounds is a warrior. With Ak47 bullet one at the waist and the other at the tummy, yet he can stand to take selfie after 3 days. it is either the army used a dane gun or something like may be miracle happens.
continue to doubt for one day it will visit you

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
omotoniwa:
That is what usually happens when u have creminal as children
RIP Mazi Johnny English

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by EasternActivist: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
This ain't good. Reminds me of the days of the military era.

And I ask, are we now in military regime??

27 Likes

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by reflx(m): 3:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
when the guns are for you you rejoice...when they are turned on you you wail!!!
this is just terrible...rivers know violence, politics and entitlement....they hear gun shots and rush to the area bare chested to see what is happening..me i take cover sharply.
you know our army and police are not well trained to separate threats from civilians...
so if you are near a threat better run....
seen a police operation in rivers and okada men were boldly driving in the that direction whereas we were advised to turn back...
sorry for the destruction of properties and loss of lives

question though: where did the army find all those weapons displayed?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
dustmalik:
This is what happens when you harbor criminals as sons and husbands. The Era of government condoning nonsense is over.
This same thing was celebrated and done by Victor Malu in Odi but karma was waiting for him in Zaki biamm where his house was destroyed and his kinsmen were killed by fellow soillders.

One thing I love about Nigeria Army is they don't respect tribe or religion so gear up they will soon get to your turn

15 Likes

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by nakamora: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wike used these criminal to get to power in the days of Jonathan while the military watched the people killed.Wike told them to fight the military in his campaigne .But today we can see the consequences of his instigation. The criminals in that community are his boys.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Nigerd(m): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
searchiing4love:
undecided EVEN THO I DON'T SUPPORT THE SENSELESS KILLINGS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE OF THE SS/SE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A DIFFERENT REGIME FROM GEJ'S WEAK ONE. BUHARI AND BURATAI ARE MILITARY BLOODS AND WON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY CHEAP BLACKMAILS. NO MILITANT OR IPOD GROUPS WILL BE TOLERATED TO DISTRACT THE GOVERMENT. IF THE ARMY CAN WIPE OUT A SHIITE MUSLIM COMMUNITY IN THE NORTH, WHO ARE THE MISCREANTS FROM THE SOUTH TO DARE BUHARI? I HOPE THOSE SUPPORTING TOMPOLO IN GBARAMATU KINGDOM CAN SEE A SAMPLE OF WHAT AWAITS THEM undecided

God go give u love.. just limit ur comments to ur love search.. dnt intrude into the Niger-delta region

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
the rivers state government should as a matter of fact drag the Nigerian army to the ICC asap. Buhari will not do anything about this killing so drag the army to the court

4 Likes

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by phemmyutd(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:
the rivers state government should as a matter of fact drag the Nigerian army to the ICC asap. Buhari will not do anything about this killing so drag the army to the court

You always shout ICC, when will you for once approach the Court?

You expect the Army to dey look them as dem attack the Army? the earlier you respect yourself and abide to the law

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by babdap: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
Speechless
Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by hezy4real01(m): 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kai so touching

1 Like

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by PeinDanzo(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
reflx:
when the guns are for you you rejoice...when they are turned on you you wail!!!
this is just terrible...rivers know violence, politics and entitlement....they hear gun shots and rush to the area bare chested to see what is happening..me i take cover sharply.
you know our army and police are not well trained to separate threats from civilians...
so if you are near a threat better run....
seen a police operation in rivers and okada men were boldly driving in the that direction whereas we were advised to turn back...
sorry for the destruction of properties and loss of lives

question though: where did the army find all those weapons displayed?

Bro,I wnt to ask u 1 question

Why has sense run away from u?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos by repogirl(f): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Chai, Amnesty, human rights watch and co. This is another one to add on the list ooo. Elzakzaky in the north and then this one in the south.

Are we really under civilian or Military rule?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Omarosa Manigault Resigns From White House Job / 'our Mumu Don Do': Nigerian Soldier Talks About 2019 Election In Trending Video / Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Dead, He Is Alive – IPOB Slams Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.