Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects (111185 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome / PLOT 10AB HAVEN & THE RESERVE IN AGUNGI By NextHome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Aventures(m): 11:12am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:
@mavverick, can we deal with specifics here?
What document did we (NextHome) use to prepare your estimate?

The architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical drawings submitted by the architect.

1. Can you tell us what height was specified in the structural drawings which was duly signed and sealed by a COREN engineer?

2. On your second allegation, a BOQ document (Bill of Quantity) prepared by a QS should be your guide and not a builders quote since you are DIYing.

3. Did you follow the payment schedule as agreed in the contract document? A simple yes or no would suffice.

4. When you choose to go out of the contract, did we say No? A simple yes or no would suffice.

So what are the odds stacked up against you? NextHome stick to their guns by doing exactly what the structural drawing, which forms part of the contract document, specified.
Or maybe we allowed you to walk away from the contract without any fuss? Or you ended up spending more than what the builder quoted for the project?

Brabus has come again, instead of holding hands up and accepting mistake and apologising so everyone can move on. He argues things that are just plain laughable.

So now is the time you know how to follow drawings right, so if I specifically requested for a specification, you gave me excuse of thinking I meant DPC, now you are saying what's on drawings. I think if you wind me up, I will come up with all the screenshots because everything is in writing..

So now you just realised you are not a QS, but when you were preparing quotes and putting money beside it (paid to you) you only just remembered today since March that you are not QS. lol. I find this funny. Or when I paid for 35 trips of filling sand and you dropped 28 or so and told me that it was equal to 35 scientifically (Bosun don turn scientist). Again, all this I have the proof in writing. I am not one who goes for blood (revenge) but please let me deal with my losses and don't provoke me to airing all my grievances in a faceless forum. I have given you credit where I feel you deserve and given you a constructive criticism where I feel its deserved, so don't let me turn it around and start airing out all the extreme negatives here. I have my evidence all in writing.

Payment schedule, after I was scammed by the picking up of my cement and not delivering the sand I paid you for, you expect me to still be dropping money into a leaking pocket. See this guy oo, you think I am Shina Rambo and stealing money.... Even if you put juju for mouth self, its not working....

Going out of contract started when my rods were being stolen, cement being taken away from site and sand not being delivered.
So who went out of contract first ?

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
Brabus has come again, instead of holding hands up and accepting mistake and apologising so everyone can move on. He argues things that are just plain laughable.

Which mistake and apology? Even though it's just a paper document, we have all things clearly spelt out. And that's exactly what we did.

So now is the time you know how to follow drawings right, so if I specifically requested for a specification, you gave me excuse of thinking I meant DPC, now you are saying what's on drawings. I think if you wind me up, I will come up with all the screenshots because everything is in writing..

Screenshot or not. Your estimate is prepared based on professional documents submitted to us. Or was it like you said "I want 50 pillars, 8 board raft, and we quoted based on your instruction and not the drawings?

So now you just realised you are not a QS, but when you were preparing quotes and putting money beside it (paid to you) you only just remembered today since March that you are not QS. lol. I find this funny.
Check the document sent to you sir. It reads builders quote and not Bill of Quantity. It's the same document we submitted for your fence work which was delivered without a glitch.

Or when I paid for 35 trips of filling sand and you dropped 28 or so and told me that it was equal to 35 scientifically (Bosun don turn scientist). Again, all this I have the proof in writing. I am not one who goes for blood (revenge) but please let me deal with my losses and don't provoke me to airing all my grievances in a faceless forum. I have given you credit where I feel you deserve and given you a constructive criticism where I feel its deserved, so don't let me turn it around and start airing out all the extreme negatives here. I have my evidence all in writing.

If you can remember very well, you messed the contract at the filling stage. You were renegotiating the cost of filling sand when we got to the stage. So if you end up using more than the number budgeted and the excess was supplied by you, how is that suppose to be my problem? You can provide your evidences (especially the extreme negatives) to dispel my claim above.

Payment schedule, after I was scammed by the picking up of my cement and not delivering the sand I paid you for, you expect me to still be dropping money into a leaking pocket. See this guy oo, you think I am Shina Rambo and stealing money.... Even if you put juju for mouth self, its not working....
Stealing your materials when you have your security living permanently on site. You still paid over N100k to the community for security and the Landlord association also collect their security due. Something got to be wrong about this. You need to look elsewhere bro.

Going out of contract started when my rods were being stolen, cement being taken away from site and sand not being delivered.
You went out of the contract by not keeping to the first agreement which is in the payment schedule. You also went out of contract when you were renegotiating the cost of filling sand and I told you why not before we got started. You went out of the contract when you refused to provide all that is required in the contract document by you. For example, I provided the generator to power the pumping machine throughout the lifetime of the project. It's those little simple things that matters. You walked out of the contract by making additions and subtraction a without regard to what was agreed on that little paper. You walked out of the contract by tricking us to give you a lesser quote for the foundation work and then coming back to renegotiate what was left.

I know better now and such a thing won't reoccur again. You can take your proofs to anywhere. We didn't walk out of the contract.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 12:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
mavverick:

So now you just realised you are not a QS, but when you were preparing quotes and putting money beside it (paid to you) you only just remembered today since March that you are not QS. lol. I find this funny. Or when I paid for 35 trips of filling sand and you dropped 28 or so and told me that it was equal to 35 scientifically (Bosun don turn scientist). Again, all this I have the proof in writing. I am not one who goes for blood (revenge) but please let me deal with my losses and don't provoke me to airing all my grievances in a faceless forum. I have given you credit where I feel you deserve and given you a constructive criticism where I feel its deserved, so don't let me turn it around and start airing out all the extreme negatives here. I have my evidence all in writing.

Na wah o. Brabus has come again.
Another day another story.
Bro, just move on.
You are not the first and wont be the last.
Brabus, how come you again?
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2015
Fellow NLs,
I need your help with some advice and negotiations.
This is the Scenario. I am currently buidilng 6 *2 bedroom Flats in Ajah in Lagos and we have just completed the decking and all fine so far.
Supervisor has done a good job and I like him but we are in the proess of negotiating for the other phases and his prices are scaring me.
To start off with we all got him onboard during the decking phase as the other Supervisor had to depart due to a family bereavement so he came onbaord and has done a a very good job so far.
Block work for first floor should start next weeking after 10 days of completion of Decking.
He has quoted a figure for me to finish the job from this phase (First floor Blockwork) to the end of the project (including) finishing.
Please note this is just supervision fee ONLY.
Obviously the whole work will be broken down in phases and he wil be paid at each milestone.
I know you wont be able to give me some idea of the cost to completion since you dont have much to go with but can you help with a general (if that is possible) for cost from First floor blockwork to roofing?
Again this is for 6*2 bedroom flats. 3 down and 3 up.
If you need anymore information that can assist you please let me know.
I appreciate your feedback in advance.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oga Brabus

Always has an unbelievable excuse, you parked your van right by my site, I thought the thing was broken down, I didn't know it was being used to cart away with the materials that I bought. When I was told, I was really disappointed. I confronted brabus and he said that if I get a scientist, they will confirm that my foundation has used up exactly the number of bags of cement that I bought. Can you imagine hearing this from a grown man ?

When I confronted him about my rods being stolen, he said they borrowed me some before so the ones being stole was used to backfill. Again, if a schoolboy told you this lie, you fit excuse am but hearing this from a grown man, Mba............

How much I paid to security isn't your concern, afterall it wouldn't help in situations where your engineer is STEALING your materials (he would simply tell security that its being used at my other site which happens to be that of a family member), if it was outsiders then I can confront security at the gate and question why they were being stolen, but if engineer dey thief its internal leakage, also how would outsiders start stealing bags of cement without the aid of a car. This was where your van parked 2 plots away was very valuable, I was told it broke down, when in real life it was being used to cart away with materials, now these materials is what he uses for other nairalanders to build their buildings. We should all pray that we should not build our houses with materials that has been cursed or swore upon.

I get plenty stories about brabus oo, this is just the beginning.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
^^^
You have no proof! Find out from the Homeowner Association about the van whether it is faulty or not. It spent over 5 weeks in the same spot while the mechanic are trying to fix it before it was been towed away on their instruction. Till date, the van is still not been used.

This cheap blackmail won't get you far bro. Nothing was reported missing while we were handling the job but when you started handling things, everybody suddenly became an armed robber. And you'll remember my question to you is "Who confirms the delivery?"

Even when we complained to you about daylight robbery in the quantity of granite supplied to you, your response shows you don't care.
I told you we used almost 5 trips of 30 tons (according to your supplier) granite for your DPC and you didn't bulge when we used only 3 loads for the raft foundation based on our builders quote.

Bros, I don't have energy for all this. You can keep sharing your stories with those who need them.

The bottom line is we need to learn how to honour and respect a simple gentleman's agreement. You wanted a builder. We gave you estimates. You said you wanted to do iron rods and cement. We deducted them from our estimate. You asked for a contract. We prepared it based on our agreement to exclude iron rods and cement. You were asked to mobilize us as agreed. You said you cannot do so because you're not a fool. Of course maybe, we are. We did our part to Sandfilling stage. You said the height was not what we agreed as if the heights is something we ought to have negotiated and not based on engineering drawing submitted. We wanted to start Sandfilling. You said you got the sand cheaper elsewhere and so you are not going to pay the agreed sum in the contract. I can go on and on. I choose to play the sheep in the whole transaction cos I know you're smarter than me. At least, when you come on nairaland to rant people will say Brabus don come again o.

God bless you! I've learnt a lot!
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
I have a suggestion and I don't know if you will interested in it, now as the owner of the project let your builder make sure he/she has a recording of each mixture of cement and other materials used at your site sent to you if u ain't at the location, let them you give details in the video recording of every stage and please query the builder if u notice anything shady, I would have suggest a cctv camera at every site but it can't be possible when the building is at its early stage...this should help a bit and that's how I deal with my clients, nothing to hide since u are being paid for your service. With dis I think u the builder & the project can both trust yourself to some extent..
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by warrior01: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Double post
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by warrior01: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
mavverick:

I think that guy needs to go for a deliverance. Brabus, why do you like arguing with your clients instead of listening to know where you're falling short. Must everything be fight? With your responses here, I wonder how your clients cope with you. Somebody made a wonderful review about your work and where felt you fell short, pronto! You attacked him. Am bold to say, you're good with your ''packaging' which is good for a good business man but with this attitude of yours, you wouldn't go far. It's time for you to be sober, take the hit and learn from your mistakes then, stage a good and clean comeback. Please stop destroying yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:

At some point I thought it was just a number game. Maybe we need to add up more people to take care of the numerous projects and day-to-day challenges of running schedules. That's what put me in Hajji Mufutau55 and some other nairalanders bad book cos I had to delegate to people who did badly at executing projects and managing clients. Take case of Euromillion for example, I never visited his site more than once and I had to take the blame cos it was my company and I sent the people who did the job.

One of the big point exactly... and from that point I never liked you anymore and have severed my communications with you, even on your thread I never made any comment... I just let it be. Start by fixing the above problems with your company and you may restore some of your reputation.
I tried not to hate people, but you almost got there in my book. But all is well now, and no need to address the circumstances anymore. Thank you.

The Holy Book said "If you don't forgive people, you will also never be forgiven". I tried to live by this sermon.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
mavverick:

Bros.

I completely agree with what you are saying, however I feel there needs to be a degree of pragmatism in it and to also add the Nigerian factor. Now, a lot of people who come to NL even from the diaspora are not billionaires as some people in Nija think, most of these people are normal people who are just trying to achieve one thing or the other, you will even hear of people who do not own their own home in Obodo oyinbo, but yet they decide to build in Nija first, its just the saying "No place like home". One day you will come back home na, or is it everytime you want to be staying with that friend, family etc whenever you come to Nija, before you know it some will start bamboozing their problems and shooting it at you "Arrange Visa for me, We need money, School fees, arrange hospital abroad for me" and the list goes on.

Anyway, not to divert away from the point. Here are the issues I see. A lot of Nija contractors (not all) and people in the mould of brabus would not build a house for you with their own money, they might do some works for you, but I don't think Brabus will construct foundation columns and german floor for you out of his own money.... So Abeg, commot that idea for this equation. Also, you have some (remember not all) who will get contractor to do work and then they would not pay, so if the contractor experiences this on 2-3 occasions, do you not think that they will go bust ? Ontop wetin ? because I build house for client.

In one example when Brabus was doing work for me, I specifically asked for my foundation to be 5 boards high, Brabus did 4 and told me that he thought I meant 4 board + DPC. I was explicit enough about 5 with no mention of DPC. It was only for the timely intervention of GOD which ensured that I was in Nija when the filling started and when even people with naked eyes told me that this your foundation is too low, then I took the decision to go 6 board. My Architect suggested I go a minimum of 5 board but if I have the means go 6 board. I took the view that this is foundation and once its done, its done. You don't want to regret it because one is trying to save 1m - 1.5m.

Now these are some of the shortcomings I have found with Brabus.

Secondly, why is it that some builders have a problem when you suggest you want to provide your own materials ?

In my experience, I'm not a builder but just a normal guy who understands some aspects of building and supervises building work over the years (not in nija), in Nija one of the reasons I wanted to supply my own materials was because I felt that this would convince workers not to compromise on quality. Its not that if they deliberately want to do it, they would still mess up your project by not having enough cement/granite etc when you have enough on ground, but as they say "Money is the root of evil", If the payment for contractor supervision and workers are separated and material is also provided by client, you would have thought contractor/workers would not want to short change you by either not buying what you gave them the money to or buying inferior quality materials. Surely everything should click together right ? workers should be paid ensuring that they are motivated, contractor should be paid for his time ensuring he directs the job well and is on hand to answer questions or provide update to client and materials are on ground on time and workers are cracking on. This is the perfect combination right "but this is not what I experienced on some occasions"......

Also OP, In Nija its difficult to budget accurately, its a country where anything can happen !!!. So hence you need to have a healthy 20% contingency put to one side. Do you think that some contractors would want to put this kind of money aside ? I don't think so bro, certainly with my experience with Brabus on some occasions. Not all, but some. Atimes, I felt like I was being thrown under the bus and at other times he was in control of things, but mouth too sweat.. ooh boy.

I disagree with the bolded.

Maybe Brabus won't do it but that's not saying that there aren't contractors out there that gets the business model perfected.

Have you heard about construction insurance and other types of building performance insurances? It's all about contracts Bro.

Again Spyder and other real estate investors are using their own money (either personal funds or business investment sources) to make these developments before approaching clients for monies.

But then like Brabus said, some clients are just used to the Baba Lati method of building.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by segcymoor(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
B! U must be a strong a man o. O ju tiri.
I tell you. Construction work no be small things o. .. ise aye ni fa.
I know of some colleagues that has been frustrated from building industry.

To put it straight. .....u need to learn from available colleagues how it's been rough there(Abegi forget reading many books) we are taking about practical experience here!

Once again! I trust you can do better.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
warrior01:

I think that guy needs to go for a deliverance. Brabus, why do you like arguing with your clients instead of listening to know where you're falling short. Must everything be fight? With your responses here, I wonder how your clients cope with you. Somebody made a wonderful review about your work and where felt you fell short, pronto! You attacked him. Am bold to say, you're good with your ''packaging' which is good for a good business man but with this attitude of yours, you wouldn't go far. It's time for you to be sober, take the hit and learn from your mistakes then, stage a good and clean comeback. Please stop destroying yourself.

Bro, I'm a very down to the earth person and I try as much as possible to give a note of warning when you're heading for danger. The only thing I will fight back for is when I'm been wrongly accused for what I've seriously warned you against.

I like people proving me wrong. Afterall, truth needs no defense. If it's truth in the morning, it'll be the same in the evening.

Why do we always like to resort to cheap blackmails to resolve issues? And what is the issue if I may ask? House didn't get built? Funds got diverted? Or there's structural failure? I already wrote where and what people always do wrong with NextHome and Brabus that always get us here.

It's not a must we do all business. FYI, there's no single person amongst those who have accused me here that I didn't ask to go and reconsider their decisions before signing contracts with them. You know why? Because I don't want he lured me into it. My business is not cheap and the target market aren't either.

By respecting each other's decision and meeting up our obligations as spelt out in contract document, all will be well. The big question is "Do all our clients satisfy the conditions of the contract?"
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oga EgunMogaji

If you read my post very well, you will see that I state that most but not all contractors will do work with their own money, BUT I was explicit in saying BRABUS will not.

Is it someone who hasn't done the work when you give him your hard earned money that will do work with his own money without payment up front.

@Brabus, like I said I'm not here for blood, I just gave you a constructive feedback. You need to change your ways, I don't even know where to start. I'm not blackmailing, I am just sharing my experience. that's all. Lastly you argue that all these were not there when you were handling the project, its easy to work out na, you were running a ponzi scheme of robbing peter to pay paul, so some of the stuff coming to my place then were nicked from somewhere else, and some of my own stuff were nicked to be taken somewhere else. And also how were you able to control cost, YOU FAILED TO PAY WORKERS despite getting payment from clients, do you know how many people come my site claiming this and claiming that, it sounds like a familiar experience, remember an earlier poster said you delivered iron rods to him when you collected money before hand, and then the supplier of the rods came to the site demanding payment from the owner of the site (Brag3).

In my case, wood supplier threatened to take off decking planks before we casted decking after complaining of not being paid, and worse of it you told him that I was going to be paying him when this is clearly not true, you did that so that the guy can supply the wood because he said he didn't want to do business with you again . Can you guys imagine that kind of deception !!!!

Some block seller came to my site saying they were told to come there for payment, when clearly I was arranging my own blocks. And you blame me for going DIY. If I didn't go DIY, maybe they would have been removing blocks and planks one by one.

Cement seller calling me saying you are owing her and avoiding her calls, I had to call her to order that look whatever happened between you and her isn't my business. When I bought from her, I paid her up front. and you insisted I buy from her in order to improve your credit rating. When I heard this, I changed supplier sharp sharp because I knew stuff like this would happen. All this I have in writing, just don't have the time to be collecting screenshots, saving it on laptop and then uploading here. But If I am driven to the wall, I will do so for all to see.

You want to argue about the materials again, I want you to say it explicitly on this forum that NO CEMENT/NO RODS were taken from my site. If you do, then I will decide on what to do next.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
smh. Customer Service Sucks in Nigeria and we sure have a long way to go with people's skills....Simple "Am sorry" how can we make amends that will put smiles back on your face should do or am i missing something here again?

Anyways Person wey mad man kill him mama when he see mechanic from afar e go run......#unknown.

packaging no dey sell for myside again

3 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I disagree with the bolded.

Maybe Brabus won't do it but that's not saying that there aren't contractors out there that gets the business model perfected.

Have you heard about construction insurance and other types of building performance insurances? It's all about contracts Bro.

Again Spyder and other real estate investors are using their own money (either personal funds or business investment sources) to make these developments before approaching clients for monies.

But then like Brabus said, some clients are just used to the Baba Lati method of building.

You don't have to go too far. Brabus cannot spend his money to build columns bla, bla, bla.

Can sir mavverick tell us how much I took for the whole formwork at the foundation stage using my marine boards?

His argument is that im still the owner of the boards forgetting that I've helped in lowering the cost of doing the foundation.

When faced with the realities at the decking and there was no soft landing , he started accusing me of deliberate attempt to frustrate his plans. I forgot to reply that I'm not a Father Christmas nor NextHome a charity organisation.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
mavverick:
Oga EgunMogaji

If you read my post very well, you will see that I state that most but not all contractors will do work with their own money, BUT I was explicit in saying BRABUS will not.

I will not even agree with the word MOST but I will use the word SOME contractors. When you are talking about Naija business, forget it. And I am not referring to Brabus per say... that goes for all the Contractors we have in Naija... the trust is almost gone in Nigeria business.

Hajji M.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 13, 2015
mavverick:
Oga EgunMogaji

Is it someone who hasn't done the work when you give him your hard earned money that will do work with his own money without pay.

@Brabus, like I said I'm not here for blood, I just gave you a constructive feedback. You need to change your ways, I don't even know where to start. I'm not blackmailing, I am just sharing my experience. that's all.

You want to argue about the materials again, I want you to say it explicitly on this forum that NO CEMENT/NO RODS were taken from my site. If you do, then I will decide on what to do next.

Oh I gave your post the required amount of attention but we'll agree to disagree on the point you raised.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:
^^^
You have no proof! Find out from the Homeowner Association about the van whether it is faulty or not. It spent over 5 weeks in the same spot while the mechanic are trying to fix it before it was been towed away on their instruction. Till date, the van is still not been used.

This cheap blackmail won't get you far bro. Nothing was reported missing while we were handling the job but when you started handling things, everybody suddenly became an armed robber. And you'll remember my question to you is "Who confirms the delivery?"

Even when we complained to you about daylight robbery in the quantity of granite supplied to you, your response shows you don't care.
I told you we used almost 5 trips of 30 tons (according to your supplier) granite for your DPC and you didn't bulge when we used only 3 loads for the raft foundation based on our builders quote.

Bros, I don't have energy for all this. You can keep sharing your stories with those who need them.

The bottom line is we need to learn how to honour and respect a simple gentleman's agreement. You wanted a builder. We gave you estimates. You said you wanted to do iron rods and cement. We deducted them from our estimate. You asked for a contract. We prepared it based on our agreement to exclude iron rods and cement. You were asked to mobilize us as agreed. You said you cannot do so because you're not a fool. Of course maybe, we are. We did our part to Sandfilling stage. You said the height was not what we agreed as if the heights is something we ought to have negotiated and not based on engineering drawing submitted. We wanted to start Sandfilling. You said you got the sand cheaper elsewhere and so you are not going to pay the agreed sum in the contract. I can go on and on. I choose to play the sheep in the whole transaction cos I know you're smarter than me. At least, when you come on nairaland to rant people will say Brabus don come again o.

God bless you! I've learnt a lot!

Oga Brabus,
When I initially started commenting on your client’s reviews I was like “wow, this guy is something else” so I am not going to make any judgements this time around as I am not privy to your contract/dealings with your clients but I will like to say a few things and ask a few questions.
In the Brag3 Saga, you were accused of collusion with family member (which you have admitted).
In the 3strike Saga you were accused of doing a shabby job (poor staircase).
In this case of Maverick you are being accused of theft and not following specification.
Like I said it’s not for anyone of us to pass judgement because:
a) We are not privy to the contract
b) Even if we did you are a fantastic defence lawyer so you have will have a god comeback for whatever we say.
I will however like to ask some simple questions:
Are these 3 clients all wrong about you?
Can you honestly say that you did a good job for 3 of them?
I am sure they don’t know each other so why have they all complained about you?
Surely the one constant factor here is their dissatisfaction with your services.
So either they are all unfortunate to have gotten the shabby side of you or there is a trend to suggest that your company/outfit lacks professionalism that really needs to be addressed.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Oga EgunMogaji

For the records, I still did this without getting reimbursed by you:

1. Payment to offload 300 bags of cement delivered.
2. Payment to Lagos State Material Testing Officials when they came visiting
3. Generator been used from the beginning of the project was delivered and fueled by me till date.
4. Numerous payments to land urchins and the gateman whenever they come disturbing.

If it gets bigger than this, then I cannot absorb it.

Is it someone who hasn't done the work when you give him your hard earned money that will do work with his own money without payment up front.
look at my response above.

@Brabus, like I said I'm not here for blood, I just gave you a constructive feedback. You need to change your ways, I don't even know where to start. I'm not blackmailing, I am just sharing my experience. that's all. Lastly you argue that all these were not there when you were handling the project, its easy to work out na, you were running a ponzi scheme of robbing peter to pay paul, so some of the stuff coming to my place then were nicked from somewhere else, and some of my own stuff were nicked to be taken somewhere else. And also how were you able to control cost, YOU FAILED TO PAY WORKERS despite getting payment from clients, do you know how many people come my site claiming this and claiming that, it sounds like a familiar experience, remember an earlier poster said you delivered iron rods to him when you collected money before hand, and then the supplier of the rods came to the site demanding payment from the owner of the site (Brag3).

Can you give a number of the worker I'm owing? I'll like nairaland member to give him a call. On suppliers, they supply and we pay as we agree. It's none of your business so long you don't pay them.

In my case, wood supplier threatened to take off decking planks before we casted decking after complaining of not being paid, and worse of it you told him that I was going to be paying him when this is clearly not true, you did that so that the guy can supply the wood because he said he didn't want to do business with you again . Can you guys imagine that kind of deception !!!!

Like seriously, you are holding on to my balance and when I asked you and you paid. Did he remove the woods? Your screenshot should help with that.

Some block seller came to my site saying they were told to come there for payment, when clearly I was arranging my own blocks. And you blame me for going DIY. If I didn't go DIY, maybe they would have been removing blocks and planks one by one.

Can you call up those guys to confirm they haven't been paid their money?

Cement seller calling me saying you are owing her and avoiding her calls, I had to call her to order that look whatever happened between you and her isn't my business. When I bought from her, I paid her up front. and you insisted I buy from her in order to improve your credit rating. When I heard this, I changed supplier sharp sharp because I knew stuff like this would happen. All this I have in writing, just don't have the time to be collecting screenshots, saving it on laptop and then uploading here. But If I am driven to the wall, I will do so for all to see.

Bros, you don't have any points here. They deal with NextHome and not you. Tell them that.

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by befto: 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:

Bro, I'm a very down to the earth person and I try as much as possible to give a note of warning when you're heading for danger. The only thing I will fight back for is when I'm been wrongly accused for what I've seriously warned you against.

I like people proving me wrong. Afterall, truth needs no defense. If it's truth in the morning, it'll be the same in the evening.

Why do we always like to resort to cheap blackmails to resolve issues? And what is the issue if I may ask? House didn't get built? Funds got diverted? Or there's structural failure? I already wrote where and what people always do wrong with NextHome and Brabus that always get us here.

It's not a must we do all business. FYI, there's no single person amongst those who have accused me here that I didn't ask to go and reconsider their decisions before signing contracts with them. You know why? Because I don't want he lured me into it. My business is not cheap and the target market aren't either.

By respecting each other's decision and meeting up our obligations as spelt out in contract document, all will be well. The big question is "Do all our clients satisfy the conditions of the contract?"

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
Of course I don't have any business with your suppliers , that's why I said I have had to call the woman to order. What I have a problem with is when they come to my own site and I have nothing to do with it.

I guess a recent saga of a similar case was what caused a sleepover in a police cell last week.

300 bags of cement, I don't know the agreement between you and the woman. Current supplier, I don't deal with offloading that's included within the price.
I have always settled testing people and I have records of payment. and If you are going to start going on with petty things, how about the 30k overpayment, have I mentioned that to divert away attention from the allegations on ground ??

How about the fact that you collected money for marine board and it was used for less than 30% of the decking, and I paid for 100% coverage. In order to move on, I have had to buy extra planks, spent over 500k on just planks alone excluding renting marine and then he gives me annoying excuse that planks were not counted when it was dropped to cover up for his own fraudulent practices.

OR THE FACT THAT ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS YOU ASKED MY SECURITY GUY TO COLLUDE WITH YOU TO DEFRAUD ME ON THE MATERIALS BEING DELIVERED (CEMENT, NAILS, SAND DELIVERY), NOT ONCE DID YOU ASK THE GUY, BUT NUMEROUS TIMES YOU EVEN OFFERED HIM 10K CASH TO WHICH HE REFUSED BLANK AND TOLD ME EVERYTHING. Why why why Brabus. You are more than this now.... They say in Yoruba that "iso kekere ni eniyan fin ba nkan nla je" . You carry small mess spoil big things. I introduced you to 2 other people who used your services, do you EVER think I can recommend you again... Cant even recommend you to my worst enemy.

Lastly everyone, did he answer the question on whether rods/cement were taken from my site. You see, I have keep quiet all this while, doesn't mean I am a fool. But like I said all I want for you is to admit your guilt. I have moved on since and learnt from it.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
Of course I don't have any business with your suppliers , that's why I said I have had to call the woman to order. What I have a problem with is when they come to my own site and I have nothing to do with it.

Thank you for that.

I guess a recent saga of a similar case was what caused a sleepover in a police cell last week.

You want a proof. I'll give you! RCCG camp is not a police cell!

300 bags of cement, I don't know the agreement between you and the woman. Current supplier, I don't deal with offloading that's included within the price.
I have always settled testing people and I have records of payment. and If you are going to start going on with petty things, how about the 30k overpayment, have I mentioned that to divert away attention from the allegations on ground ??

Whether you do so with current supplier or not, I paid for the first offloading and it's my own money that I paid for the offloading of your cement sir.

How about the fact that you collected money for marine board and it was used for less than 30% of the decking, and I paid for 100% coverage. In order to move on, I have had to buy extra planks, spent over 500k on just planks alone excluding renting marine and then he gives me annoying excuse that planks were not counted when it was dropped to cover up for his own fraudulent practices.

So which plank did the wood supplier threaten to remove from under the decking for non-payment? Marine board? Or the planks you bought with your money?

OR THE FACT THAT ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS YOU ASKED MY SECURITY GUY TO COLLUDE WITH YOU TO DEFRAUD ME ON THE MATERIALS BEING DELIVERED (CEMENT, NAILS, SAND DELIVERY), NOT ONCE DID YOU ASK THE GUY, BUT NUMEROUS TIMES YOU EVEN OFFERED HIM 10K CASH TO WHICH HE REFUSED BLANK AND TOLD ME EVERYTHING. Why why why Brabus. You are more than this now.... They say in Yoruba that "iso kekere ni eniyan fin ba nkan nla je" . You carry small mess spoil big things. I introduced you to 2 other people who used your services, do you EVER think I can recommend you again... Cant even recommend you to my worst enemy.

He rejected bribes but he couldn't report the stealing of iron rods and cement kept in his custody to you early enough. Not even accost the truck used in transporting the cement and rods except the truck moved the whole site at once. I've heard you.

Lastly everyone, did he answer the question on whether rods/cement were taken from my site. You see, I have keep quiet all this while, doesn't mean I am a fool. But like I said all I want for you is to admit your guilt. I have moved on since and learnt from it.

I hope you've truly learned from this. Just so painful I warned you earlier about this and you refused to take heed to the warning. Now, you've blown budget and you're blaming it on me. In your own words, "I'm not. Comfortable with it but as I said you are deliberately frustrating it by making sure cost rises to prove a point" and my response "I think you don't know. Otherwise, if you consider what you spent on foundation viz-a-viz the overrun, you'll know that you're just doing the wrong thing. I told you from the onset that things will be more expensive going that route. Now you said I'm trying to prove a point. The bulk of the extra is from materials and not labour. Now the extra cement used on decking. Did I use it elsewhere or your site? So what's the deliberate frustration there? You win some loose some. But in this case the loss will be more especially for you cos there won't be soft landing."
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by NL1960: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
mufutau55:

I will not even agree with the word MOST but I will use the word SOME contractors. When you are talking about Naija business, forget it. And I am not referring to Brabus per say... that goes for all the Contractors we have in Naija... the trust is almost in Nigeria business.

Hajji M.

@Hajji, there is a terrible problem with us Nigerians. If a contractor uses his own money, some of the clients will not want to pay thereby putting the contractor in debts. My Senior brother s a logger of woods for building house. He almost went bankrupt because after getting the wood and even buying from sawmill to avoid delays, getting the money from the client is a problem. It then becomes a back-and-forth thing and meanwhile, you might see the client now living in the house and he will say that there is no money. What he does now is that once the number of wood required has been assessed and you tell him to supply, you have to pay a mobilization. If you pay 100k for instance, he brings in 100k worth.

A contractor came to our office this morning to report one of our staff who has refused to pay him after he (contractor) used his own money to fix wardrobes in his project. The guy is planning to move in but he does not want to pay for the work the guy has done for him. The guy wants to arrest him with police but he just decided to come and report him at the office before he goes ahead.

Another thing i see is that clients do not want to face realities. A client will say that he wants to complete a project is say 6 months but he/she does not even have the total project sum. He will say that the contractor should start and that God will provide. After a phase, there is no more funds and the project is stalled. When he/she now gets some funds after several months, he calls the contractors and says that he/she should come and continue forgetting that material prices have changed and when this is mentioned, he/she points at the contract and he will even say that he now wants to be supplying the materials for you.

In my firm, we always put a caveat that all quotes are valid till a particular period. Once that period elapsed and you want the work to be done after that, we will have to give you a fresh quote.

2 Likes

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 3:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
NL1960:

@Hajji, there is a terrible problem with us Nigerians. If a contractor uses his own money, some of the clients will not want to pay thereby putting the contractor in debts. My Senior brother s a logger of woods for building house. He almost went bankrupt because after getting the wood and even buying from sawmill to avoid delays, getting the money from the client is a problem. It then becomes a back-and-forth thing and meanwhile, you might see the client now living in the house and he will say that there is no money. What he does now is that once the number of wood required has been assessed and you tell him to supply, you have to pay a mobilization. If you pay 100k for instance, he brings in 100k worth.

A contractor came to our office this morning to report one of our staff who has refused to pay him after he (contractor) used his own money to fix wardrobes in his project. The guy is planning to move in but he does not want to pay for the work the guy has done for him. The guy wants to arrest him with police but he just decided to come and report him at the office before he goes ahead.

Another thing i see is that clients do not want to face realities. A client will say that he wants to complete a project is say 6 months but he/she does not even have the total project sum. He will say that the contractor should start and that God will provide. After a phase, there is no more funds and the project is stalled. When he/she now gets some funds after several months, he calls the contractors and says that he/she should come and continue forgetting that material prices have changed and when this is mentioned, he/she points at the contract and he will even say that he now wants to be supplying the materials for you.

In my firm, we always put a caveat that all quotes are valid till a particular period. Once that period elapsed and you want the work to be done after that, we will have to give you a fresh quote.

That's what I was saying that in Nija, its not common for contractor to use their own money to do the work first, maybe with government contracts etc. But that's out of scope here.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:

"By respecting each other's decision and meeting up our obligations as spelt out in contract document, all will be well. The big question is "Do all our clients satisfy the conditions of the contract?"
"

Brabus you seem to be insinuating that your clients dont satisfy all the terms of their contract with you.
Can you let me know when/where we broke the terms of our contract?

And when did you ever tell me or my brother to go and reconsider our decision before signing contract with you?
I must have missed that posting because I don't think this happened in our case
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brabus(m): 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
brag3:

"By respecting each other's decision and meeting up our obligations as spelt out in contract document, all will be well. The big question is "Do all our clients satisfy the conditions of the contract?"
"

Brabus you seem to be insinuating that your clients dont satisfy all the terms of their contract with you.
Can you let me know when/where we broke the terms of our contract?

Sir, I think we've put this issue behind us but if you insist you wanted to know. You can reply this post and I'll tell you.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mavverick: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
@Brabus

Summary

[b]You cannot be trusted with money.
You run a Ponzi scheme robbing Peter to pay Paul.
You have failed to show us any qualifications you have, nothing but a glorified project manager.
You have failed to show us any project you completed where it hasn't ended in a divorce before completion.
You collect money from clients and don't pay workers, they start to fight/argue etc and in the end the client suffers because the work they do can sometimes be fraught with errors.
You do not like to own up to your mistakes.
You are very greedy even robbing poor artisans like bricklayers, iron bender etc of their money. These are ordinary people hustling, not buying multiple jeeps behind fraudulent activities.
You like packaging too much, too much talk and no action, all built off the back of a fagggg packet (lies).
You are very dishonest (would do anything to get the work, once you get it and money is in your hands, you start holding ransom).
Too much lies (don't know where to start), one example for my site, he was supposed to use marine for the decking, and my pako for the side boards, he used my pako for 60% of the decking and paid for 150 planks for the boarding at the sides. The 150 planks is what took time to settle the seller and that one wanted to start removing the side pako from my decking despite the fact that 250k was paid for marine rental, had I known and not fallen for the deception, I should have bought my own pako, which was what I was doing for other materials.
[/b]

Like I said, me I am not here for revenge. Just revealing my experience.
Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by mufutau55(m): 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
NL1960:

@NL1960
I agreed with you in full... that is why I said "The trust is almost gone in Nigeria business" ("gone" was omitted in my earlier reply).
Yes. We don't trust each other anymore... the problem is not only the Contractors but the Clients who want job done without paying for it.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Nexthome Builders: 2014/2015 New and Ongoing Projects by brag3: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
brabus:

Sir, I think we've put this issue behind us but if you insist you wanted to know. You can reply this post and I'll tell you.

Issue is way behind us. I agreee that but if you feel in some way I or my brother did not stick to the terms then pls say it.
No one is perfect. if we have made mistakes then why not let us know. No be fight now.
It's a learning process. I for one like to learn from my mistakes as well as from others so if we have made any then let us know for future purposes so as part of a slanging match. We don pass that stage long time.

BTW, please don't forget to send those 4 drawings to us as soon as possible[b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (50) (Reply)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / Kitchen cabinets, Wardrobes & Doors @ Touchstone Design Solutions / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.