Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,957 members, 7,814,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

You Have All Of God’s Resources Within You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Have All Of God’s Resources Within You (411 Views)

Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of God And His Righteousness / An Argument Against Any Reasonable Knowledge Of God. / Salutations Of God (oriki Olorun) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Have All Of God’s Resources Within You by sidespin: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2014
YOU HAVE ALL OF GOD’S RESOURCES WITHIN YOU

One Sunday as I was preaching in the 2nd worship service, I saw a man brought in with his hands & feet bound. I knew this man was mentally sick. That particular day we were making pledges for the 5th stage of our building program. Many people were receiving pledge cards & filling them out & I noticed when a pledge card was handed to this man, he received it & with his bound hand, he wrote in one hundred dollars.

His wife laughed when the deacon came again to receive his card. “Don’t believe him” she said. “He’s not mentally responsible”. But after the service I met him & found that amazingly he had been completely healed by the power of the Holy Spirit that morning in the service! He was in his right mind & he talked with me. He told me he had been suffering deeply from an inferiority complex. “I had owned a fertilizer company” he began, “but I failed & went heavily into debt. I worried so much that my mind snapped. My family took me to an institution & there they gave me all kinds of shock treatments. But none of them helped me”

“But as I was sitting here listening to your preaching this morning, I suddenly came out of my deep depression sickness & recognized reality. I’ve lost my friends, my prestige, & my credit. I have a mountain of debts. I can do nothing. I am nothing, but I’m so grateful that I experienced God’s healing today!”

“You are something,” I told him. “You are not inferior. Since you came to Jesus now all the power of Christ & His resources are dwelling within you, just waiting to be tapped” I told him again. “What kind of job am I going to have?” he questioned me. “ I don’t know” I replied, ‘but keep on reading the Bible & pray, & you’ll know.”

One day he returned filled with excitement. “Pastor, I read the verse of scripture that says we are the salt of the earth. How about my going into the retail of salt business?” “if you believe in it,” I said, “go right ahead. Do it!” So he went out & began to sell salt on a small scale. He paid his tithes, paid his pledge & continued to rejoice in the Lord. God began to bless him & his salt business grew & grew. Eventually he built a large storehouse right beside the river where he placed $50,000 worth of salt.

It was in the summer, & one night it rained heavily into the early hours of morning. In the morning when he got up all of the area had been completely flooded. His storehouse was also flooded & I was concerned. That afternoon when the rained stopped, I rushed out to his store. Other articles & materials can still be found after a flood but salt has a great friendship with water. When I entered his warehouse, there was no salt left. But the man was sitting in the middle of his warehouse, singing & praising God. As I walked in, I tried to discern whether he was in his right mind or not. I went up to him & asked, “Are you okay?”

“Pastor, I’m alright,” he smiled. “I’m not crazy. Don’t worry. I’ve lost everything, but as you always told me, I HAVE ALL GOD’S RESOURCES WITHING ME. Water may have taken away my salt, but it could not take away the total resources or the presence of God dwelling within me. I can tap those resources again & again by prayer & faith. You just wait. Give me time & I’ll rebuild my business again.” It was evident he was not suffering from an inferiority complex any longer! He was full of confidence. The Holy Spirit had truly done a tremendous work in work in his life!

Today this man is an elder in my church. He is a multi-millionaire businessman in the salt business. He also started a watch company. He has accompanied me to Los Angeles, Vancouver & New York as well as Europe.

This man is a glowing testimony & example of how people can be helped to release their feelings of inferiority through preaching the Word of God & stressing that they have all of God’s resources at their disposal to tap their needs. (David Yonggi Cho)

(1) (Reply)

What Scriptures In The Bible Are You Holding Unto In 2014 ? / Take A Quantum Leap In Your Career Through Training / Athiesm Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.