Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Shia And Sunni Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia And Sunni Muslim (4780 Views)

The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid / The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / Difference Between Shia And SUNNI Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 11:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Asalam alaekum,
please, i need people to enlightn me on the differences between sunni muslims and shia muslims..
What are d differences in their belief... And what category are we (Nigerian muslims)..
I'm smhw confused
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 10, 2014
If you want to know the difference, best advice just do as i did. I relegated myself to critical research and pray to Allah to guide me. One major difference is AQEEDAH (creed) i.e what is TAWHEED?what is Shirk? WHY are u created? Transcendance of Allah (Al -Uloo). This is just one there are many. If anybody tells you the difference is just politcal, he is not telling you the full truth. Alhamdulillah i found the SUNNAH and i pray to hold it firm. Bring yourself down and learn from scratch. The very moment you learn the correct AQEEDAH, thats when you will appreciate Islam the more

1 Like

Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
Sheykul Islam: If you want to know the difference, best advice just do as i did. I relegated myself to critical research and pray to Allah to guide me. One major difference is AQEEDAH (creed) i.e what is TAWHEED?what is Shirk? WHY are u created? Transcendance of Allah (Al -Uloo). This is just one there are many. If anybody tells you the difference is just politcal, he is not telling you the full truth. Alhamdulillah i found the SUNNAH and i pray to hold it firm. Bring yourself down and learn from scratch. The very moment you learn the correct AQEEDAH, thats when you will appreciate Islam the more
tnx so much brother.. Jumat mubaraq
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by kaybyte: 2:06am On Jun 28, 2014
asalmu alayum another difference is that the shia insult the companions of the prophet saw like abubakar, umar, uthman, and even aisha the the wife of the prophet saw, accusing them of cheating ali (ra) . try and get their videos you will understand and you will see unbelievable thing like how they have raised ali, fatima, and their two children hassan and hussein above the prophet saw.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 4:34am On Jun 28, 2014
kaybyte: asalmu alayum another difference is that the shia insult the companions of the prophet saw like abubakar, umar, uthman, and even aisha the the wife of the prophet saw, accusing them of cheating ali (ra) . try and get their videos you will understand and you will see unbelievable thing like how they have raised ali, fatima, and their two children hassan and hussein above the prophet saw.
tnx for the enlightenment.. I'm hearing all these for the first time of my life..
Ramadan kareem
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by kaybyte: 7:09am On Jun 28, 2014
th shia in nigeria have there headquarter at zaria and there oga patapata in the nigeria is a man called azagzagi. i stay in zaria and i know them very well. you hardly find them in other places in nig but they are much in zaria and some part of the north. if they are calling athan, where the name of the prophet is mentioned, they have ommited it and put the name of ali ra there,
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 7:35am On Jun 28, 2014
kaybyte: if they are calling athan, where the name of the prophet is mentioned, they have ommited it and put the name of ali ra there,
Really?? If this is true, i dnt tink they are muslims..cos they are violing laws nd principles.. May Allah help us
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2014
kaybyte: th shia in nigeria have there headquarter at zaria and there oga patapata in the nigeria is a man called azagzagi. i stay in zaria and i know them very well. you hardly find them in other places in nig but they are much in zaria and some part of the north. if they are calling athan, where the name of the prophet is mentioned, they have ommited it and put the name of ali ra there,

@underlined,
May Allah forgive you for the lies against your fellow human and have mercy on you for your propagated ignorance on your fellow muslim.

Here's Shi'a Adhan anywhere in the world:

"Allahu akbar Allahu Akbar (4times)

Ash'hadu anla illaha illa Allah (2times)

Ash'hadu ana Muhammadan Rasulullah (2times)

Ash'hadu ana Aliyyan waliyullah (2times)

Hayya ala salat (2times)

Hayya ala falah (2times)

Hayya ala khairil amal (2times)

Allahu akbar (2times)

La illaha illa Allah (2times)

Note: The only additional phrase that was not in the original adhan from the above is: "Ash'hadu ana Aliyyan waliyullah i.e I bear witness that Ali is a friend of God" (2times)" and no shi'a mar'ji has ever claimed it to be compulsory. Why the inclusion of this or where's the justification? These are the questions a sincere fellow muslims should ask not propaganda. Little wonder why Shi'a is being accused ignorantly and lied upon that our belief is Jubril (as) made a mistake in appointing Muhammad (saws) as the prophet instead of Ali (as).

It is very interesting that many don't even know that the phrase "Hayya ala khairil amal (2times) was 100% part of adhan at the time of Rasulullah (saws) while the phrase: "As-Salatu Khairun mina nawm" was Never part of adhan at the time of Rasulullah (saws). So why the noise about Shi'a adhan and silence about Sunni form of adhan!
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2014
kaybyte: asalmu alayum another difference is that the shia insult the companions of the prophet saw like abubakar, umar, uthman, and even aisha the the wife of the prophet saw, accusing them of cheating ali (ra) . try and get their videos you will understand and you will see unbelievable thing like how they have raised ali, fatima, and their two children hassan and hussein above the prophet saw.

@underlined, please if you do not know about something, keeping silent will do you a lot of good rather than lying.

Our belief is After the holy prophet Muhammad (saws), the next to him in perfection of faith are his ahl al-bayt (as) comprises of Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain. Their love, respect, guidance and leadership is made obligatory in the Qur'an and sayings of their Father (saws).
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by BetaThings: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2014
I don't agree with the Shias but we have to tell the EXACT truth about them
Shias don't omit the name of the Prophet (SAW) from the adhan
They only add the name of Ali (RA) to the adhan
Watch this video
Sunni Shahada v Shia Shahada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oI9dYQHfWM

One is the shahada taken by a Sunni and the other is the one taken by a Shia
Now normally a Sunni takes two shahada - one about Allah's Lordship (and being the sole focus of worship) and the other about Mohammed (SAW) being Allah's Prophet. In the video we see Nouman Ali Khan making a third Shahada about Isa (AS) being a Prophet of Allah. I had not seen that 3rd Shahada before but the evidence for messengership of Isa (AS) that is in the Qur'an though and you will see it in the video

But the Shia Shahada additional Shahadas are not in the Qur'an

Now the major difference between Sunnis and Shias is that of Imamate, a concept/pillar of their deen that they cannot prove from the Qur’an unless they make incredible conjectures.
In contrast all the pillars of Islam according to the Sunnis can be EXPLICITLY found in the Qur’an
Now I am talking about the twelver Shias who are the majority all over the world
There are other Shias like the Zaydis and Ismailis
But the Twelver are the most important in terms of number

Some Beliefs of Twelver Imams
There are 12 Shia Imams - Ali and his 11 descendants. The 12th and the last one is claimed to be alive (they say in occultation) in a cave
That is the Mahdi. Now that belief contradicts the Mahdi belief of Sunnis
A shia Imam is infallible - cannot commit sin or error
A Shis Imam is superior to ALL Prophets apart from Mohammed (SAW)
So Isa (AS), Ibrahim (AS), Musa (AS) etc are ALL inferior to Shia Imams
Shia Imams control all the atoms of this world
Shia Imams who are all dead apart from the 12th one who went into hiding in a cave to avoid assassination can give humans want they want if humans ask them
Shias believe that Qur’an will only lead to MISGUIDANCE unless an Imams explain its meanings
9 over 10 of the religion of a Shia is taqiyya - hiding what you really feel
They say this is necessary to avoid danger to their lives
Shias believe in temporary marriage (Mut’ah) though the scholars eulogizing such marriage will not allow their daugthers to engage in it

Calling Allah without Mentioning Ali is Shirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-wTnlwpkY&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586

Taqiyyah on / Taqiyyah off. Shias say different things publicly and privately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH3rRSy_PA8

How Shia try to deceive Malaysian Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaN0YLhvl0

Calling the shrine/grave in the religion of Shi'ism (on Phone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnnxQ2erRU&index=8&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586

If Allah Dies, Hassan Dies (May Allah forgive us for quoti ng this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-uNE9HMVw&index=3&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586

Example of Mutah in Shiism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBqpkbVFfmw

What the Shias want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJox1KDmNeI

1 Like

Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Empiree: 11:21pm On Jun 28, 2014
I really dont want to be on this site this Ramadan or comment at all. We begin Ramadan on Sunday inshallah. I implore you all to avoid sectarian argument. Avoid posting things that other consider inappropriate or misrepresent their percepectives. This is just for the sake of the Holy month. You may continue your argument afterward.

Now, my questions to LagosShia and Baqir, pls watch videos posted by BeTathings, these are Shia (at least these folks or their sect's) creed. Not that I didnt know some of these things but i want to hear your opinion on those videos. Are those Shia Sheiks and Imams correct?. Is everything they said in the videos is what ALL Shias believe or they are just extreme sect saying stupid things on their own?. Are these Shia creed?.

Please forget about politics, forget about Sunnis' creed. Let's focus on Quran only. No sentiment. Just answer straight forward using Quran ONLY. Do you brothers (Lagosshia and Baqir) believe in what those people said in the videos including Shahada taken by Shia Imam?. Do you believe the man who said "If Allah dies(Nauzubillah), Ali dies?. These are clear statements. Answer is either Yes or No. Is that your creed or the people are just saying stupid things that dont represent all Shia sects?. Many things they said are not creed of a Muslim base on Quran. Forget about Sunni. Just bring your proofs from Quran (if you share the same creed with these folks) since you claimed you are Muslims. I understad Adhan part. Thats manageable. But they said some things that nullify(kufr) their Islam. You may answer after Ramadan. Thats fine with me. I will wait patiently till then. Thanks
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 4:53am On Jun 29, 2014
This thread is really making sense to me.. I neva knw anything about shia nd sunni muslims before..
But is it possible to be a muslim nd not be neither shia nor sunni..?
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by LagosShia: 10:31am On Jun 29, 2014
Empiree: I really dont want to be on this site this Ramadan or comment at all. We begin Ramadan on Sunday inshallah. I implore you all to avoid sectarian argument. Avoid posting things that other consider inappropriate or misrepresent their percepectives. This is just for the sake of the Holy month. You may continue your argument afterward.
Now, my questions to LagosShia and Baqir, pls watch videos posted by BeTathings, these are Shia (at least these folks or their sect's) creed. Not that I didnt know some of these things but i want to hear your opinion on those videos. Are those Shia Sheiks and Imams correct?. Is everything they said in the videos is what ALL Shias believe or they are just extreme sect saying stupid things on their own?. Are these Shia creed?.
Please forget about politics, forget about Sunnis' creed. Let's focus on Quran only. No sentiment. Just answer straight forward using Quran ONLY. Do you brothers (Lagosshia and Baqir) believe in what those people said in the videos including Shahada taken by Shia Imam?. Do you believe the man who said "If Allah dies(Nauzubillah), Ali dies?. These are clear statements. Answer is either Yes or No. Is that your creed or the people are just saying stupid things that dont represent all Shia sects?. Many things they said are not creed of a Muslim base on Quran. Forget about Sunni. Just bring your proofs from Quran (if you share the same creed with these folks) since you claimed you are Muslims. I understad Adhan part. Thats manageable. But they said some things that nullify(kufr) their Islam. You may answer after Ramadan. Thats fine with me. I will wait patiently till then. Thanks

these videos that BetaThing scavenge for on youtube, made by silly Wahhabis who lack intellect, are either deliberately twisting the words of these Muslim scholars, blowing them out of proportions, misquoting them, or taking the figurative literal to stir outrage among the unsuspecting or the uninformed on Shia beliefs. he has posted them before and i have answered to them (in other words, they are regurgitated trash). he keeps posting them because their purpose is not to tell you about the Shia, but to mislead you and scare you away. i wouldnt like to go over them again and waste my internet subscription as watching them costs money. however, if i am only to touch on the phrase you quoted that "If Allah dies, Ali dies", you cant just cut out this phrase without knowing the context it was being said in. i can also say "if Allah dies, the Quran would disappear/dies"...meaning it is impossible for the Quran to be eradicated because Allah (swt) has promised in the Quran that "His religion will prevail over all other beliefs", and therefore, it wouldnt be possible for anyone to eradicate the Quran or the message of Islam. for you to be able to eradicate the Holy Quran, Allah (swt) would have to die (astaghfirullah), which is an impossibility- as Allah (swt) doesnt die! according to hadith al-thaqalain, the Ahlul-Bayt (as) are one of the "thaqalain" (two weighty things)-the other being the Quran. in like manner as the Quran, no one can erase the memory or the presence of the Ahlul-Bayt (as). this would bring a reminder of Sayyida Zainab's (as) speech confronting Yazid in Damascus after the martyrdom of her brother, Imam Hussain, in Karbala: "make your schemes, and carry out your plans, and do your worst, but by Allah, you shall never erase our (the Ahlul-Bayt of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) memory (from the hearts of the believers) ". both the speech of Sayyida Zainab (as) and Imam Zainul-Abideen (as)-the only surviving son of Imam Hussain (as) after the Tragedy of Karbala-turned the emotions of the people against Yazeed.

it is very easy to cherry-pick and misquote,misinterpret, and twist words out of context. it seems Betathing is well pleased for his beliefs to be built on the trickery of wahhabi tricksters who go on youtube with nothing but the intent to mislead and misguide and tarnish the image of others without the fear of Allah (swt). i on the other hand, to separate truth from falsehood, can go to youtube and bring you videos of Sunni scholars saying blasphemous things about Allah (swt) and the Prophet (s), which are not doctored videos but full statements that are also not misinterpreted or misquoted out of context. enjoy the below for a start!

[size=16pt]SUNNI SCHOLAR: THE GRAVE OF THE PROPHET IS MORE NOBLE THAN THE ARSH (THRONE) OF ALLAH (astaghfirullah)!!![/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nTEAgJTyac

1 Like

Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2014
Hmmmm..pls is it possible to be a muslim without bein a sunni or shia..m confused*
anu help pls
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2014
“And indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so fear Me. But the people divided their religion among them into sects – each faction, in what it has, rejoicing.” ( Holy Qur’an 23:52-53 )

“And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them . And those will have a great punishment.” (Holy Qur’an 3:105 )
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 12:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
dejt4u: Hmmmm..pls is it possible to be a muslim without bein a sunni or shia..m confused*
anu help pls

undecided why dont you be a muslim, and forget about this sunni and shia nonsense
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by LagosShia: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2014
BetaThings: I don't agree with the Shias but we have to tell the EXACT truth about them
Watch this video

Now normally a Sunni takes two shahada - one about Allah's Lordship (and being the sole focus of worship) and the other about Mohammed (SAW) being Allah's Prophet. In the video we see Nouman Ali Khan making a third Shahada about Isa (AS) being a Prophet of Allah. I had not seen that 3rd Shahada before but the evidence for messengership of Isa (AS) that is in the Qur'an though and you will see it in the video
Now the major difference between Sunnis and Shias is that of Imamate, a concept/pillar of their deen that they cannot prove from the Qur’an unless they make incredible conjectures.
In contrast all the pillars of Islam according to the Sunnis can be EXPLICITLY found in the Qur’an

the doctrine of the imamate is in the Quran. obviously, you read the Quran without understanding it. that is not a negative point against you as arabic isnt your mother-tongue or you are very deficient in arabic, or you possibly depend on wahhabi interpretation/translation (just like the way they interpret/translate the videos you posted by smuggling words in english that the speaker didnt utter in arabic).

my dear friend, Imamate is in the Quran as you can see below:

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/19/36.htm

https://www.nairaland.com/1213613/holy-quran-5-55-tbaba-youre/1

Now I am talking about the twelver Shias who are the majority all over the world
There are other Shias like the Zaydis and Ismailis
But the Twelver are the most important in terms of number
There are 12 Shia Imams - Ali and his 11 descendants. The 12th and the last one is claimed to be alive (they say in occultation) in a cave

"Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification." (Quran 33:33)

yes, just as in Sunni hadith, you will find the hadith in which the Prophet (sa) purportedly said a time will come when the scholars of his ummah would be like/greater than the prophets of banu israeel.

and Isa (as) in the Quran gave life to the dead. does that make Isa (as) god? by Allah's permission, any human can do wonders and miracles. giving life is the greatest of Allah's swt) attributes. He is al-KHALIQ (the Creator). yet, Allah (swt) gave that power to Isa (as). Allah (swt) made the angels bow to Adam (as). shouldnt your limited mind also classify those two as "shirk"?

Shia Imams who are all dead apart from the 12th one who went into hiding in a cave to avoid assassination can give humans want they want if humans ask them
Shias believe that Qur’an will only lead to MISGUIDANCE unless an Imams explain its meanings

the Prophet (sa) said he left behind the Thaqalain, and if we hold on to them both we will never go astray.

firstly, taqiyyah is not "hiding what you feel". taqiyyah, also, is not what your dishonest munafiqoon translated in your videos as "lying". taqiyyah is an islamic concept that is found in the Quran.

Shias believe in temporary marriage (Mut’ah) though the scholars eulogizing such marriage will not allow their daugthers to engage in it

and mut'ah marriage is found in the Quran (4:24). if you are ashamed of what Allah (swt) has made permissible (even though not obligatory or a compulsory act), then others are not. we do not forbid what Allah (swt) has permitted. you follow the sunnah of Umar, and you forbid mut'ah of marriage and mut'ah of hajj. that is your business. you (Sunnis) even claim that it was allowed during the days of the Prophet (sa) but he later forbade it. that is your opinion.

Calling Allah without Mentioning Ali is Shirk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3-wTnlwpkY&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586

yes and yes and yes!!!! calling Ya Allah without "Ya Ali" and also, "Ya Muhammad" is shirk, shirk, shirk!!! of course, you do not know why and you dont know the meaning, value and weight of that statement because your Sunnism is a complete depiction of arab culture and arabian jahiliyyah practices that were passed down by the very those who fought against Islam and the Prophet (sa) and only "accepted" islam out of humiliation and not conviction. these were the likes of abu sufyan and his banu umayyah clan who you take your islam from and your scholars praised, in spite of their atrocities like beheading the grandson of the Prophet (sa) just a few decades after the Prophet (sa) passed away.

calling Ya Allah without Ya Ali is shirk because even the pagans of qureysh in the time of jahiliyyah believed in "Allah". they used to call on "Allah". but of course, they were polytheists and pagans. it is the Islam revealed to Muhammad (sa) and enshrined by the sword of Ali (as) against the aggression of the mushrikeen of quresh who were bent on eliminating Islam and Muslims, that brought tawheed. if you believe in Allah (swt) without Muhammad (sa), and Ali (as)-meaning the Ahlul-Bayt (as)- the possibility of you falling into shirk, misguidance and disbelief is very high, if you dont already have their traces in your beliefs.

Taqiyyah on / Taqiyyah off. Shias say different things publicly and privately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH3rRSy_PA8

taqiyyah is an islamic concept as found in the Quran and that is what we practice. it is not what you say that we practice, and it is not the words you insert or play with that our scholars didnt utter in arabic or persian that we believe in.

if you want to know about taqiyyah, this is what we believe (the entire lecture is in english, so you cannot change or play with words to doctor the lecture) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d3R6RsbTJ0

How Shia try to deceive Malaysian Muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaN0YLhvl0
shouldnt you feel ashamed that we have to resort to taqiyyah for our beliefs to save our lives? look at how many christian sects and denominations are out there. do you hear them killing themselves or blowing themselves the way you have made it your duty to kill your fellow muslims? look at what is happening in iraq and pakistan. it is genocide against the Shia. so you want them not to conceal their beliefs,where there is danger, so that you "peace loving" wahhabi angels would slaughter them?

Calling the shrine/grave in the religion of Shi'ism (on Phone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTnnxQ2erRU&index=8&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586
more red-herrings.

are they "calling upon him besides Allah" (7:194)? do they believe that the intercession (tawassul) or mediation (shafa'ah) of Imam Rida (as) is without the permission of Allah (swt)? of course, no Muslim can say that and stilll be a Muslim.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran:

"And never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead. Rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision," (3:169)

"And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive." (2:154)

our Imams (as) and the prophets are all alive and with their Lord, but you Wahhabis do not perceive it!

If Allah Dies, Hassan Dies (May Allah forgive us for quoti ng this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-uNE9HMVw&index=3&list=PL66DF28FE1879C586

already explained in my above post.

Example of Mutah in Shiism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBqpkbVFfmw
already explained. however, your poeple in Syria are doing "Jihad Nikah" and in saudi and yemen (taking advantage of young poor yemeni girls) "misyar". these are bid'ah, but mut'ah isnt.

you can refer to:

ZhulFiqar: Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3255
"Sabra al-Juhanni reported on the authority of his father that while he was with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon hm) he said: O people, I had permitted you to contract temporary marriage with women…"

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3250:
Abu Nadra reported: While I was in the company of Jabir b. Abdullah, a person came to him and said that Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Zubair differed on the two types of Mut'as (muta of Hajj and muta of women), whereupon Jabir said: We used to do these two during the lifetime of Allah's Messenger pbuh Umar then forbade us to do them, and so we did not revert to them.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3261 'Urwa b. Zabair reported that 'Abdullah b. Zubair stood up (and delivered an address) in Mecca saying: Allah has made blind the hearts of some people as He has deprived them of eyesight that they give religious verdict in favor of temporary marriage, while he was alluding to a person (Ibn 'Abbas). Ibn Abbas called him and said: You are an uncouth person, devoid of sense. By my life, Mut'a was practised during the lifetime of the leader of the pious (he meant Allah's Messenger, pbuh), and Ibn Zubair said to him: just do it yourselves, and by Allah, if you do that I will stone you with your stones. Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it.

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3252
Sabra Juhanni reported: Allah's Messenger pbuh permitted temporary marriage for us. So I and another person went out and saw a woman of Bana 'Amir, who was like a young long-necked she-camel. We presented ourselves to her (for contracting temporary marriage), whereupon she said: What dower would you give me? I said: My cloak. And my companion also said: My cloak. And the cloak of-my companion was superior to my cloak, but I was younger than he. So when she looked at the cloak of my companion she liked it, and when she cast a glance at me I looked more attractive to her. She then said: Well, you and your cloak are sufficient for me. I remained with her for three nights, and then Allah's Messenger pbuh said: He who has any such woman with whom he had contracted temporary marriage, he should let her off.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 139
Narrated Abdullah: We used to participate in the holy wars carried on by the Prophet and we had no women (wives) with us. So we said (to the Prophet). "Shall we castrate ourselves?" But the Prophet forbade us to do that and thenceforth he allowed us to marry a woman (temporarily) by giving her even a garment, and then he recited: "O you who believe! Do not make unlawful the good things which Allah has made lawful for you."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 43
Narrated 'Imran bin Husain: The Verse of muta was revealed in Allah's Book, so we performed it with Allah's Apostle, and nothing was revealed in Qur'an to make it illegal, nor did the Prophet prohibit it till he died. But the man (omar) just expressed what his own mind suggested

Sunni Quran Commentators on Verse 4:24,the Verse of Mut'ah and Its Revelation:

"This verse was revealed regarding Mut'ah"

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Volume 1 page 84;Tafseer Durr al-Manthur, Volume 2 page 140;Tafseer Tabari, Page 9 part 5;Tafseer Kabeer, Volume 3 page 95;Tafseer Baydhawi, Volume 2 page 9.

What the Shias want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJox1KDmNeI

propaganda.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by LagosShia: 12:08pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: grin theyv got there own Qibla...grin grin

Deluded fellows grin

what an idiot you are!

those are intending pilgrims to Makkah being taught the rituals of hajj with an edifice of the holy Ka'ba. with this your post, i must ask:

are you trying to deceive others, or are you easily deceived? in both cases, it is a shame for someone like you.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2014
LagosShia:

what an idiot you are!

grin grin beware of what you type...grin
You are a person i respect a lot, and i expect you to reciprocate.

Dont use celtel sir grin

LagosShia: those are intending pilgrims to Makkah being taught the rituals of hajj with an edifice of the holy Ka'ba. with this your post, i must ask:

[s] are you trying to deceive others, or are you easily deceived? in both cases, it is a shame for someone like you. [/s]

Ok sir..

But next time please respect yourself...cus i respect you a lot
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2014
BetaThings: I don't agree with the Shias but we have to tell the EXACT truth about them
Watch this video

Thanks for that. I hope your fellow ^ that lied against shi'a will feel remorse.

However, if shi'a add to adhan, it is very interesting rather cunning of you not mentioning your Sunni creed deleting "Hayya ala khairil amal" from adhan and adding "as-Salatu khairun mina nawm" to adhan.

Let's try to be just in our dealing.

BetaThings:

@underlined, you really think so? "Ask those who remember (knows) if you do not know"~Qur'an.

NB: kindly stay on your raised allegations and please do not derail as that's you guys style.

Just as you've observe and did not object the additional shahada of Nabi E'esa (as) along with the original shahadatain (i.e oneness of Allah and messengership of Muhammad (saws)) in the fact that messengership of nabi E'esa (as) is proven in the Qur'an, so also is the "Wilaya-ship" of Ali ibn Abi talib (as) is declared in the Qur'an:

"Indeed your waliyy is Allah, His prophet and those who established salat and give zakat while they do ruku" ~Q.5:57

Interestingly as staunch and conservative as Ibn Kathir was, there was no escape for him on this very verse but to declare in his tafsir that this very verse was revealed because of the act performed by Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) when he gave out his ring in "zakat" to a needy while he was in the state of ruku (bowing). Tafsir Ibn kathir related 9 hadiths to support this. He faulted 3 of these hadiths and authenticated 6. All other tafsir like Suyuti, tabari, Kabir, ruhul mahani et al also affirmed this very ayah for the merit of Ali ibn Abi talib, al-Mur'tadha (as).

Then talk about the popular hadith of the holy prophet (saws) where he declared: "of whomsoever I am his Mawla, Ali is his Mawla..."

So in Shi'a Shahada or during adhan and iqama, we declared after the compulsory shahadatain by saying "I bear witness that Ali is waliyy of Allah"

So tell me how this phrase go against Qur'an and Sunnah?

BetaThings:

Conjectures? Do you guys read Qur'an at all?

The concept of "Imama (Imamate - spiritual leadership)" started with Nabi Ibrahim (as). Qur'an states:

"And remember that Ibrahim was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled; He (Allah) said: "I will make you an Imam to the people". He (Ibrahim) pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my progeny!" He answered: "But my promise is not within the reach of evil-doers" ~Q.2:124

This is the genesis of "Imama" as explained by the Qur'an.

Observe: Ibrahim (as) was already a prophet and messenger before Allah elevated him with another lofty rank of "Imama" which he instantly pleaded for his Dhuriyya (progeny). His request was granted, and on this solid evidence, Shi'a believe the best individuals from among the Banu Hashim (vis-a-vis Dhuriyya of Ibrahim through Ismail) from the lineage of Muhammad (saws) were also made Imams.

Sahih al-Bukhari narrated about 12 versions of hadith where the holy prophet (saws) declared that after him, there would be 12 Imams or Khalifa from the Quraysh (Banu Hashim, according to some versions). While Shi'a proudly presented their 12 Imams among the ahl al-bayt of the prophet (saws), Sunni FAILED to present their own 12 yet have audacity to accuse Shi'a.

BetaThings:

The Usulu deen (fundamentals of religion) as understood and explained by Shi'a is as follow:

1. Tawheed (Unity of Allah)

2. Nubuwah (prophethood)

3. Qiyamat (Day of Resurrection)

*Al-Adl illahi (Justice of God) is part of "Tawheed". While "Imama" is part of Nubuwah.

Kindly explained to the world how and where Shi'a concept "Tawheed, Adl, Nubuwah, Imama and Qiyamat" are not found in the Qur'an?
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2014
BetaThings:

First, about 12 Imams! This is a dead issues. Our challenge right before your face is that Sahih Bukhari related 12 Imams or Khalifa will succeeded the holy prophet (saws). While we presented our 12 Imams from the progeny of Muhammad (saws), kindly present your own 12 Imams or Khalifa and stop chasing a lose war.

Second, both shi'a and Sunni belief in al-Mahdi (as) but we defer greatly in his personality.

While Shi'a believe al-Mahdi (as) is the last of the 12 Imams declared by the prophet, Sunni believe him to be an Imam but not of the 12 since they cannot declare any 12 Khalifa or Imams.

While Shi'a believe al-Mahdi (as) has been born centuries ago and protected by Allah in ghayba (occultation) just like E'esa, Idris, Khidr are still very much alive being protected in Ghayb by their Lord, Sunni believe al-Mahdi is yet to be born. Who will give birth to him is still a high mountain question yet to be answered by the Sunni.

While Shi'a believe al-Mahdi to be the [b]"Imam zaman - the Imam of the time (last days)"
, Sunni is yet to recognize and declare whom their Imam of the time is in line with the golden hadith of the prophet (saws) declared sahih by both sect:

"Whoever dies without recognizing the Imam of his time (Imam zaman), dies the death of Jahiliyyah"

BetaThings:

According to Qur'an:
1. When Shay'tan vowed to lie in wait for the progeny of Adam in order to mislead them on the right path, he also vowed to assault them from before them, from behind, from right and left, Qur'an quoted Shay'tan saying:

"Except the most devoted servant among them"

Then Allah Himself declares:

"Inna ibadi laysalaka alayhi bi sultan...As per my devoted servants, you cannot have your dominance over them..."

Shi'a belief is; personalities like the prophets and messengers of God, ahl al-bayt of Muhammad, the saints of God are among these "devoted servants" in which Satan can never ever deceive into sinning.

If Shi'a says the holy prophet (saws) and his ahl al-bayt were infallible, we simply mean they are protected by Allah and all their A, B, C - Z are guided by Allah for they are in constant remembrance of the Lord and seek His guidance at every seconds.

2. Allah says:

"...it is the will of Allah to remove from you all blemishes acts (al-rijz), O ahl al-bayt, and to make you pure and spotless (tathir, tahir)"

This is an explicit clear verse that declared the "Ahl al-bayt (as)" of the holy prophet (saws) Masoom (protected by Allah).

This very issue of infallibility has been addressed and many thread opened already.

BetaThings:

According to Sunni:
1. The holy prophet (saws) was reported to have said:

"There are some out of the servants of Allah that the prophets of Allah and the martyr envy upon (seeing) their status (stations)"
~Tafsir Tabari vol. Vii p. 132

The station of "prophethood" and "messenger-hood" is not the highest station before Allah. There is no single evidence for this "Salafi-ideology myth".

Qur'an testify to this when Nabi Ibrahim (as) whom after being a prophet and messenger was yet bestowed another higher position of "Imamah".

2. Khidr (as) was a servant and friend of Allah (Awliyya) who is engaged with a spiritual mission. He was neither a prophet nor a messenger as per the holy Qur'an yet he was a guide for Musa (as) who was a prophet and messenger.

His station is higher than that of Musa for Musa salute his status.

3. Maryam (as) was a saint (al-Muqadassa) and never a prophet or messenger of God. Her status was lofty that she eats and drinks heavenly food and visited by angels.

Prophet Zakariyya (as) who happened to be her supervisor envy her lofty status to the point of praying in her Mihrab.

NB: There are many evidences to support this from the Qur'an and Sunni hadith. I however always try to avoid this kind of dialogue in public forum.

BetaThings:

You should be ashamed of yourself for the above allegation.

What we say is "La haola wala quwa, wala ilm illah billah...there is no might or power and no knowledge except that of Allah"

In heavens, on the earth, between the heavens and the earth, every atoms of the universe, the control and sustenance to it belong to God and God alone.

Whatever power any creatures of Allah displayed, Sulayman (as) having dominance over everything, Jesus (as) giving life to the dead and inanimate, to the Karamat displayed by Awliyyah (friends of Allah), All these display are power of God.

BetaThings:

While all muslims have one Qur'an, the interpretations of the holy Qur'an is many and contrast to each other. Every individual and sects interpret differently. We argue, fight and kill ourselves because of this.

The holy Qur'an says there are two verses in the Qur'an, the clear verse and the ambiguous verses. Allah declares: "No one knows its meaning except Allah and those who are grounded in knowledge..."

Who are those grounded in knowledge that knows the meaning of the Qur'an?

The holy prophet (saws) said:

"I left amongst you two weighty things if you adhere to them, you will never go astray; the book of Allah and my ahl al-bayt. My Lord have told me that the two will never part till they both meet me at the pool of paradise"

Our believe is that any interpretations different from that of the ahl al-bayt (as) is misguidance.

The holy prophet (saws) declares:
"The example of my ahl al-bayt is like that of the Ark of Noah whoever embarks it is saved and whoever turn away from it is perished"

"I am the city of knowledge and Ali is the gate to it. Whoever wishes to enter the city should enter through the gate."

BetaThings:

@underlined, you get serious problem and that is "Shi'a obsession".

Taqiyyah is an Islamic concept not Shi'a religion. You use taqiyyah when your life, family and property is in extreme danger. Many companions of the prophet practiced it.

BetaThings:

Only ignorant make such lousy statement as above. Allah and His holy prophet (saws) ordered the Mut'a marriage.

Many companions practiced it and many companions were born out of this wedlock.

The only controversy between Shia and Sunni is while the Sunni says Mut'a was later declated forbidden by the prophet (saws), Shi'a maintained Mut'a is valid till the day of Judgement for the holy prophet never forbids it.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: grin theyv got there own Qibla...grin grin

Deluded fellows grin

If you truly claim "you are just a muslim" and do not have anything to do with "Sunni-shi'a" brouhaha, then such comment ^ is disappointing.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
dejt4u:

I believe this thread is an old thread. Who are Shi'a and who are Sunni had been long dialogue before the cyber attack on NL where most info are lost including those ones on this very thread. Only those who have hunch for propaganda revive this thread with absurd comments against Shi'a.

In a Nutshell
Again, Shi'a means Supporter or partisan. Shi'a follow none other than the household of the holy prophet after his demise; hence, the word "Shiat ahl al-bayt - supporters of the household". Our believe stem from the hadith of the holy prophet (saws) agreed by both Sunni and Shi'a:

"I leave amongst you two weighty things, so long you adhere to them, you will never go astray; that is the book of God and my progeny, my ahl al-bayt..."

Shi'a believe this exclusive hadith and the hadith where the holy prophet held Ali by hand after his blessed last hajj before ALL muslims and says:

"Of whomsoever I am his Mawla, Ali is his Mawla"

We believe the right to successor-ship is exclusive to the ahl al-bayt of the holy prophet (saws) of which Ali was the 1st.

From hadith (saying of the prophet) narration to the real Sunnah (practice) of the prophet, Shi'a follow the dictate of the Imams of household of the prophet (saws).

On the other hands, Sunni is derived from the word "Ahlu Sunnah wal Jama'a" (the people of sunnah and the community). Sunni believe the right to leadership after the holy prophet (saws) was not designated to anybody thereby left to the hands of muslim community to decide among themselves.

Sunni derived the hadith of the prophet (saws) and the Sunnah (practice) from any Shahaba in line with the hadith (though never authenticated by them to be Sahih) in which the holy prophet (saws) was reported to have said:

"I leave the book of God and my sunnah..."

"Follow my Sunnah and the Sunnah of my khulafau Rashidun (rightly guided caliphs)..."

Sunni is yet to prove who and how many were the "Khulafau Rashidun" as there is no single hadith that claimed their purported view that "khulafau rashidun" were 4 and were Abu bakar, Umar, Uthman and Ali.

Lastly, on this, while haters will continue their propagandas on Shi'a, I urge you to read every single attacks on shi'a and as well what Shi'a says about themselves and how they responds to the allegations.

Then I recommend a book called "al-Muraja'at" (The right path). It comprises of Letters in exchange between two respected Ulama (scholars); one a Sunni, the respected Mufti of al-Ahzar university, Cairo, in 1964-65, sheik al-Islam salim al-bishri al-Maliki; and a Shi'a Alim, Ayatullah Sharafadeen al-Musawi.

It is a balanced and respected dialogue between the two eminents sheiks and by Allah's grace a fruitful ending and conclusion was reached.

dejt4u: Hmmmm..pls is it possible to be a muslim without bein a sunni or shia..m confused*
anu help pls

Practically there is no way unless you are out to deceive yourself. Everything that has to do with faith is practiced in line with either Sunni or Shi'a interpretation.

You can only declare by tongue you are neither Sunni nor Shi'a.

Even the popular hadith of the prophet (saws) declared muslims will divide into 73 sects while only one out of these 73 sects enter Jannah. This is an indication that you can't just sit down and believe you are just a muslim. You simply need to know where and why you belong to a particular Madhhab compare to others.

No ignorant will ever make it to Jannah

Wa salam alaykum.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 4:52am On Jun 30, 2014
dejt4u:
Al-Bakir
wa'alaykum salam..
Thanks so much for the explanation..m nw getting it.. Jazakallahu khaira
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 5:07am On Jun 30, 2014
Al-Baqir:

If you truly claim "you are just a muslim" and do not have anything to do with "Sunni-shi'a" brouhaha, then such comment ^ is disappointing.

i don shut up sir lipsrsealed
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2014
anu help pls

Your question shows wisdom. You should be a Muslim, there is nothing like Sunni or Shia in the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). That is what you should follow.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by LagosShia: 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
maclatunji:
Your question shows wisdom. You should be a Muslim, there is nothing like Sunni or Shia in the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). That is what you should follow.

this is great indeed! so i guess this year you will join us to commemorate Ashura and the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as), and also join us to make dua of disassociation from the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as). you know the Quran makes it obligatory to love the Ahlul-Bayt (as). i am very happy we are now united.

by the way, the first person to call the associates of Imam Ali (as) "Shia" was the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself!!!

see here:

"The Term Shi’a in Qur’an and Hadith"
http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/term-shia-quran-and-hadith

http://quran.al-shia.org/en/quran-shia/shia-in-the-light-of-quran-and-hadith.htm
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by dejt4u(m): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
maclatunji:

thanks very much sir..m so much very grateful.. Jazakallahu khaira
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by maclatunji: 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
LagosShia:

this is great indeed! so i guess this year you will join us to commemorate Ashura and the martyrdom of Imam Hussain (as), and also join us to make dua of association from the enemies of the Ahlul-Bayt (as). i am very happy we are now united.

by the way, the first person to call the associates of Imam Ali (as) "Shia" was the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself!!!

see here:

"The Term Shi’a in Qur’an and Hadith"
http://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/term-shia-quran-and-hadith

http://quran.al-shia.org/en/quran-shia/shia-in-the-light-of-quran-and-hadith.htm

LOL. How does that become a binding endorsement of what you term "Shia Islam"?
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by maclatunji: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
dejt4u:
thanks very much sir..m so much very grateful.. Jazakallahu khaira

Wa iyyakum.

Read this:

" Abu ‘Abdullah Jabir bin ‘Abdullah al-Ansari(ra) reported
that a man questioned the Messenger of Allah(sas) saying:
"Do you see, if I pray the prescribed (prayers), fast
during Ramadan, treat the lawful as permissible and
treat the forbidden as prohibited, but do nothing more
than that, shall I enter Paradise?" He (the Prophet
(sas)) answered: "Yes."

Related by Bukhari & Muslim

Leave epistles and non-beneficial arguments. Focus on the basics my brother.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Difference Between Shia And SUNNI Muslims / Islam And Polio Vaccine. / Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.