Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Shia And Sunni Muslim - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shia And Sunni Muslim (4796 Views)

The Deen Show: What's The Difference Between Shia And Sunni? Karim Abuzaid / The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / Difference Between Shia And SUNNI Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2014
Al-Baqir:

Lastly, are you telling me the words of the prophet (saws) should be disregard when he (saws) said: "My Ummah will divide into 73sects"?
So we should disregard the word of Allah (swt) himself amd follow what they attributed to the prophet?

“And indeed this, your religion, is one religion (Islam), and I am your Lord, so fear Me. But the people divided their religion (islam) among them into sects – each faction,(sunni, shia and co) in what it has, rejoicing .” ( Holy Qur’an 23:52-53 ) :

very clear...^^

And if we are to believe in the 73 sects hadith, its just like disregarding the word of Allah (swt). (Quran

You claim your sect is the way.. and that of sunni is wrong, they claim that yours is the wrong and that there own is the right way, other sects also hold that view. and that only one sect will make jannah..

How about the others..? the rest nko are they goin to hell?

Waiting for you epistle grin
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001:
“And indeed this, your religion, is one religion (Islam), and I am your Lord, so fear Me. But the people divided their religion (islam) among them into sects – each faction,(sunni, shia and co) in what it has, rejoicing .” ( Holy Qur’an 23:52-53 )

Please do you read and understand Arabic Qur'an? Which translation do you follow? Are those brackets (...) part of the Qur'an or translator's interpretation?

Here's the ayah in Arabic (transliteration):
"wa inna adhi-hi ummatukum ummatan Wahidatan wa anna rabbukum fataquni

Note the bolded: ummatukum ummatan Wahidatan

Translation:
"And verily this Ummah of yours is a single Ummah, And I am your Lord And cherisher: therefore Fear Me""
~Sura Mu'meenun: 52

What's the meaning of "ummah" as it is used in the ayah? What is the Arabic word for "Religion" as your translation implies?

Even if you call for one Ummah please don't distort Qur'an by following erroneous translation.

Ummah means brotherhood, community etc.

Now verse 53:

"Fataqatahu amrahum baynahum suburan kullu hizbi bima ladayhim Farihun"

Translation:

"But people have cut off their affair between them, into sects: Each party rejoices in that which is with itself"

Please take note.

Rilwayne001:
So we should disregard the word of Allah (swt) himself amd follow what they attributed to the prophet?

Rilwayne001:
very clear...^^
And if we are to believe in the 73 sects hadith, it just like disregarding the word of Allah (swt).

Don't you believe in the "hadith of the prophet (saws)" again? The point is how do you unite the two - that Qur'an verse and the Hadith.

First, in so many verses of the holy Qur'an, Allah call for: (i). Human Unity irrespective of color, race, status etc.
(ii) Qur'an advocate for One brotherhood among the believers. Even the holy prophet (saws) was instructed in the Qur'an to call the Jews and Christian to a common terms between Islam and their religion (surah al-imran).

That "common term" is Allah, one God the creator.

On the part of One brotherhood among the followers of IsLaM, we are expected to be united on:

1. Allah, one God

2. Muhammad (saws), the prophet of God

3. Qur'an, revelation of God.

However, human is created with free-will, ego, intellect and desires. According to Qur'an, Allah showed him (human) the two ways - right path and wrong path. The choice is his.

On the path of his free-will, desires and ego, Qur'an says there exist hypocrites among the followers of Muhammad (saws) whose mission is to course sedition. Likewise there exist among man generally those whose ego and desire is so strong that they see themselves as the best and others as slaves.

The holy prophet (saws) by divine inspiration and guidance knew his Ummah will divide into sections because of worldly accumulation, desire for power and dominance, recognition etc of certain Munafiq (sura Tawbah : 101 for example).

Therefore, he (saws) proffer solution of what to follow to be on the right path.

Rilwayne001:
You claim your sect is the way.. and that of sunni is wrong, they claim that yours is the wrong and that there own is the right way, other sects also hold that view. and that only one sect will make jannah..

How about the others..? the rest nko are they goin to hell?

The path to Allah (sirat al-Mustaqeem, sirat al-Haqq) is ONE. The path of Falsehood is many yet those path covered themselves in the robe of truth. Everyone claim to be on the right path just as you've reasoned. That's why Qur'an says "...when there is differences, go back to Allah and His prophet..."

It is on this note that the holy prophet (saws) said:

"I leave amongst you two weighty things so long you adhere to them you will never go astray; the book of God and my progeny, my ahl al-bayt..."

Imam Shafi'i writes:
"When I saw different religions and jurisprudential schools steering towards ignorance and misguidance, I embarked in the name of God on the ark of salvation i.e. the family of the Seal of Prophets and got hold of the divine covenant which is the very love of them. Indeed, God has commanded us to hold fast to the divine covenant."

Rilwayne001:

Waiting for you epistle grin

Kindly avoid the use of "mocking word". By Allah, it does not affect or anger me in anyway. In fact, its a disease that blind heart from accepting the truth. When it comes to religious matters, I'm always dead serious because its something that has to do with Qiyamat.

What I realize and keeps me going in a public forum is the multitude of viewers. If hundreds close their eyes and reasoning, one can open and reason.

I hope we can progress from this in sha Allah.

Salam.
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Rilwayne001: 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2014
^^Ok. bro. Al baqir, am very sorry if i sound offensive.

My questions still remain..

that If the shia are the only guided sect among the 73sects. thst means every other person (whether you believe in Allah (swt), in his word (Quraan), his prophet, the judgement day, his angels, and do righteouss good deeds) but at the end you are not a shia..

Are we going to hell?
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 11:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rilwayne001: ^^Ok. bro. Al baqir, am very sorry if i sound offensive.

that If the shia are the only guided sect among the 73sects. thst means every other person (whether you believe in Allah (swt), in his word (Quraan), his prophet, the judgement day, his angels, and do righteouss good deeds) but at the end you are not a shia..

Are we going to hell?

@Bolded,
First, I have never ever on my NL history claimed Shi'a is the only guided path nor have I ever declared Sunni as a path to Hell. Please if there is, dig it out. I prayed NL restore its lost data.

Quran declares:
"...Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided."

I do not have any problem whatsoever with the sunni or sufi or shi'a because I am dead convince there are people of Jannah among these group; as there are people of hell among them also.

The only problem I have is with those who declared Shi'ism a path of misguidance and do takfir on the Shi'a. Likewise those who think their post is the only "right interpretation of Islam".

Qur'an extends Allah's infinite mercy:
"Those who believe, and those who follow the Jewish and the Christians and the Sabians, Any who believe in God And the Last Day, And work righteousness, Shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve" ~al-Baqarah: 62

NB: This verse never gave so-called Christian (polytheist who call Jesus God or son of God) any hope because there are other verses that separate grain from chaff in the case of Christian and Jew.

Second, I deliberately quoted Imam Shafi'i who happened to be among Sunni Fiqh (jurisprudence) Imam. Kindly appreciate the way he (and his Fiqh) adore the Qur'an and ahl al-bayt. Not only him there are so many Sunni and Sufi Ulama whose love and followership of the ahl al-bayt is high.

Third, the word "shi'a (partisan, supporter)" was a common word among the first generations of muslim. We have Shi'at Ali, Shi'at Uthman, Shi'at Mu'awiyyah etc. Depending on where they belong during Muslim crisis and civil wars. Some belong because of Faith, some because of political and social gain etc.

Certain Scholars later switch to use the word "Rafidhi". Here's the definition according to one opinion:

Fathul Bari Sharh (commentary of) Sahih Bukhari Volume 14 page 450 Chapter 9:
“Shiasm is the love of Ali and whoever prefers him over Abu Bakr and Umar is an excessive Shia also known as Rafidhi”

On the other hand, Imam Shafi'i says:
"They say: You are a Rafidhi and heretic, I say: Never did I become a Rafidhi, apostasy is not my religion. But needless to say that in my heart, there is much love (and respect) for the greatest leader (Imam Ali (As). If loving Wali of Allah (the friend of God?) is Rafdh, then I'm Rafedhi of first rank!"
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by LagosShia: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2014
Rilwayne001: ^^Ok. bro. Al baqir, am very sorry if i sound offensive.

Are we going to hell?

no one is claiming here that Shias are angels roaming the earth. we are simply saying that the Shia madhab in its teachings, beliefs, and practices is the true Islam. just as we believe generally as muslims that Islam is the perfect religion, it doesnt mean every Muslim is an angel. however, if you seek guidance, the teachings of Islam are there for us to follow. now, the path of Islam is narrowed down. there are groups which claim this or that. you must identify which is the correct one as per the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).
Re: Shia And Sunni Muslim by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
LagosShia:

no one is claiming here that Shias are angels roaming the earth. we are simply saying that the Shia madhab in its teachings, beliefs, and practices is the true Islam. just as we believe generally as muslims that Islam is the perfect religion, it doesnt mean every Muslim is an angel. however, if you seek guidance, the teachings of Islam are there for us to follow. now, the path of Islam is narrowed down. there are groups which claim this or that. you must identify which is the correct one as per the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as).
u mean shi'a is d best?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Emirate Suspends Routine Eid-el-fitri Activities Over Insecurity - Guardian / Why Do Muslims Touch Their Chest After Exchanging Handshake??? / Naflah At Midnight, And Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.