Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

I Am Not Anti-north, Jonathan Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Anti-north, Jonathan Says (425 Views)

Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF / I’m Not Enemy Of The North — Jonathan / I Am Not Anti-itsekiri — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Anti-north, Jonathan Says by johntousin(m): 11:34am On Jan 10, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan said on Thursday that those criticising him as being anti-North are ignorant and seeking cheap political points.
The president stated this when he received a delegation of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, leaders from the North West geo-political zone led by former Minister of Defence, Bello Haliru.
He said that it was incorrect for anyone to say that his administration neglected the Northern region in terms of infrastructure and physical development.
The president said that out of the 12 federal universities established by his administration, nine were located in the North and were already functioning.
He said three additional federal universities recently approved by the administration were also to be located in three Northern states.
President Jonathan said that because of his interest in liberating the region from crisis occasioned by gross illiteracy, he launched the Almajiri system of education.
“The issue of Almajiri education, if I am against the North would I have encouraged that we work with the governors to provide quite a number of children who are out of school?
“All these are blackmail, political blackmail,’’ he said.
The president said that the administration had resuscitated and fixed the moribund rail system which cuts across the country and in particular the North.
He said that his government was committed to doing more in fixing the rail system across the country to reduce the pressure on the road network.
The president thanked the delegation for the visit which he described as “unique’’ and charged them to work together to protect the interest of the party.
He said that the opposition was heating up the polity with all forms of tactics and lies to discredit the ruling party.
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/153062-anti-north-jonathan-says.html
Re: I Am Not Anti-north, Jonathan Says by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
Gej, don't mind this haterz,let them keep on hating nd criticising, it dosn't change the fact that ur the best nd will always be the best.
Haters gon hate...na bad belle dey w0ri dem. Jst kip doing ur thing.

(1) (Reply)

Deputy Governor's ADC Dies While Pursuing Commercial Motorcycle Rider / Still On The President’s Bungled Chibok Trip / Jonathan Seeks $1bn Loan To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.