Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

John Obi Mikel: Rubbed, Snubbed Or Not Good Enough To Win African Player Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: Rubbed, Snubbed Or Not Good Enough To Win African Player Award (671 Views)

Mikel Snubbed Our Appointment – Oliseh / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

John Obi Mikel: Rubbed, Snubbed Or Not Good Enough To Win African Player Award by osaseyeishere(m): 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nigerians and the Football Federation are "a little bit sad" to see Chelsea's John Obi Mikel miss out on chance to win the 2013 Confederation of African Football (Caf) Footballer of the Year award.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-L1YcdxV3Z9U/Us_r7UZFdMI/AAAAAAAAREg/c5oBpUNcpUU/s1600/13235b37991n.jpg[/img]
Instead it was a third straight win for Manchester City and Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure.

"What I am doing now, I am doing very well and I am very happy about that. "It was quite tight - because there were good opponents in front of me. Obi Mikel was doing well - and Drogba as well, so I was thinking maybe I would lose it. I am lucky today, I am very proud of myself" Toure said after receiving his award.

Top Nigerian officials and Nigerians criticised the procedure used to determine the African Player of the Year after John Obi Mikel lost to Ivorian star Yaya Toure. Osaseye asked Was John Obi Mikel snubbed, rubbed or not good enough?

Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Aminu Maigari expressed his frustration at the snub. He said
“I am disappointed that Mikel did not get this award. We have to review the procedure that is used to determine the winner of this award,”

NFF technical committee chairman Chris Green added: “We would need some explanations as regards how the voting is done, as other awards allow for votes from the media as well as the fans,” said a disappointed Green.

http://osaseye..com/2014/01/nigerians-sad-at-john-obi-mikel-african.html
Re: John Obi Mikel: Rubbed, Snubbed Or Not Good Enough To Win African Player Award by ckkris: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mikel is A PROFESSIONAL sportsman, that is used to winning and losing. And he has won more than he lost.

(1) (Reply)

World Cup Records Set At Germany V Brazil / Roma's Miralem Pjanic 60-yard Wondergoal Against Manchester United / Wenger: It's Strange Seeing Cesc In Blue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.