Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August (716 Views)

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August by kosovo(m): 4:52am On Aug 11, 2008
Zain Nigeria has said that it is working towards having 20 million subscribers on its network by the end of August 2008.

The Chief Executive Officer, Zain Nigeria, Mr. Bayo Ligali, disclosed this in Lagos recently during a breakfast forum organised by the company.

He said by the last count, the network had over 15 million active subscribers and lines, and efforts were in top gear to make its service the best in terms of quality and customer service.

He lauded the Nigerian Communications Commission for its support and provision of favourable atmosphere, adding that the level playing ground provided by the commission had gone a long way in enhancing its operations.

The Zain boss added that the company was aware of the expectations of its customers in terms of quality of service, and disclosed that in the past six months, Zain had committed significant resources and effort to the improvement of the quality of service through capacity expansion and enhancement of the integrity and robustness of its network.

According to him, the company has also initiated several projects in the country in order to boost the quality of its service to subscribers, adding that the included the construction of a 4,000-killometres fibre-optic transmission backbone, which is the widest in Nigeria and is expected to be completed by mid 2009.

According to him, “In order to sustain the integrity of our network and meet our customers’ expectations, we are currently leasing nationwide fibre-optic capacity across the country pending the completion of our own infrastructure and at the same time, we are expanding our existing 3,000- kilometres microwave transmission backbone to 5,000-killometres.”

He said that the fibre optic ring that connects Port Harcourt, Enugu, Asaba, Lagos and Abuja was almost complete.

Ligali admitted the insecurity of the company’s facilities across the country, noting that this had persisted and was having negative implications on the quality of service.
Re: Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August by samuelk(m): 6:11am On Aug 11, 2008
hmm,gud,nice signature there
Re: Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August by kosovo(m): 6:30am On Aug 11, 2008
samuelk:

hmm,good,nice signature there
thanks man smiley
Re: Zain Targets 20m Subscribers By August by Fadajasi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2008
If zain need more subscribers? Let them provide free sms,free browsing and free call. Bada bing

(1) (Reply)

Pls Fellow Nairaland,i Need Ur Urgent Help On My 2g Memory Card(sony Ericsson W810i) I Have Only 50 / Which Network Work Can Browse Any Where In Nigeria Pls Help / Anti-virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.