Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Nigerian Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Roads (924 Views)

Nigerian Roads Are Getting Better- ABC Transport / Road Development In Nigeria : Google Map Travel Times And Nigerian Roads . . . / What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Roads by umetz: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2008
why is it that nigerian government dont remember the roads in the streets of nigeria? They only concentrate of major road which they have not even far-fetched.
Re: Nigerian Roads by ifyalways(f): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2008
do they even remember the roads?all dem dey do na "patch-patch" .Mix coal tar and water and spray it all over the road.C'est finis angry
Re: Nigerian Roads by tpia: 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2008
I hear the north has better roads than the south?
Re: Nigerian Roads by airegin: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2008
tpia:

I hear the north has better roads than the south?

Thanks to Mr. Ogunlewe right
Re: Nigerian Roads by tpia: 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2008
airegin:

Thanks to Mr. Ogunlewe right

who is mr ogunlewe?
Re: Nigerian Roads by davidif: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2008
@umetz
why is it that nigerian government don't remember the roads in the streets of nigeria?  They only concentrate of major road which they have not even far-fetched.

NOOOOOOOOOO its not there job. In America, you have federal (major) roads that we call interstate which are maintained by the fed. govt. and there are  other roads in the state which are constructed by the state govt. This roads are created through taxes and bond financing ( i am not in the mood to explain bonds to you, go read it up) and then you have local roads like the one you are talking about which are constructed by the counties (or known as LGA's in naija), and they raise money to build this roads through local property taxes ( i am not explaining that to you either) and you guessed it, bonds. They make a lot of money on this roads fining people for over speeding  (i am not sure about that one, i think that money goes to the police) and toll gates.
Re: Nigerian Roads by angel101(f): 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ davidf
u seem to be pre empting the guy.
frankly, i dont even understand the question. not clear at all
Re: Nigerian Roads by davidif: 9:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
@angel101
what do you mean by pre-empting?
Re: Nigerian Roads by dadonG(m): 11:38pm On Aug 17, 2008
Pls what is the minister doing, she is so inactive. the local govt are not doing anthing on this, ever since the joint account with the state govt their inactive. but can't say.
Re: Nigerian Roads by jgirl3: 3:51am On Aug 18, 2008
When it comes to Nigerian Roads, we need serious prayers. I just don't understand why we have ministers that don't function. We need some kind of miracle.
To make it worse now, this 3rd mainland bridge thing is not helping matters but because I need my sleep, i think i'd rather get back on this topic tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Roads by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
j-girl:

When it comes to Nigerian Roads, we need serious prayers. I just don't understand why we have ministers that don't function. We need some kind of miracle.

But how can we get miracles with no action on the part of the people? Ministers will not function if the people do not function. The miracle will only happen when the people start to act.

j-girl:

To make it worse now, this 3rd mainland bridge thing is not helping matters but because I need my sleep, i think i'd rather get back on this topic tomorrow

Let us as usual wait to see what of this project instead of going out to demand that the project be handled right and the deadline not be moved unnecessarily as we have seen it done numerous times in the past.
Re: Nigerian Roads by Mustay(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2008
j-girl:

the LASG has implored Lagosians to explore the use of technology - why una wan suffer yaself?

But this also brings us to another problem of power shortage sad
Re: Nigerian Roads by jgirl3: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

But how can we get miracles with no action on the part of the people? Ministers will not function if the people do not function. The miracle will only happen when the people start to act.

Let us as usual wait to see what of this project instead of going out to demand that the project be handled right and the deadline not be moved unnecessarily as we have seen it done numerous times in the past.
I agree about the fact that people and not just the ministers need to take actions.
I really am waiting to see what will happen but there is a better way for them to handle this project. If they wanted to repair the bridge, they should have first started with all the alternative ways. The alternative roads are not pleasant to move on and the traffic is just unbearable. Ikeja to VI takes at least one and a half hours and that is even with a little bit of luck on one's side.

Mustay:

the LASG has implored Lagosians to explore the use of technology - why una wan suffer yaself?

But this also brings us to another problem of power shortage sad

I don tire. You are not helping matters by mentioning power though i am proud to say they have not taken light once in the past week (We thank GOD).
Re: Nigerian Roads by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
The roads are horrible, no joke.
Do they have street lights, traffic laws, road rules/ signs?
It's just ridiculous.

I'm afraid of driving in Nigeria, even in Lagos. It's so easy to get into accidents, no space between the cars. Worst of all is are the road drama: Screaming, cursing, hours of traffic. sheesh!!

The roads are like rollercoasters, it's dangerous/ life threatening to drive a car or an okada.

(1) (Reply)

"Politicians Are Undereducated" - Utomi / Yeah! Dangote's Being Featured On Cnn As The Richest African In Africa! / President Jonathan Offers $50,000 'Gift' to Pastor Bakare's SNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.