Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? (35758 Views)

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery / BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by maclatunji: 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
What do you think about this?

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by maclatunji: 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2011
Photograph by Olusoro Sanmi

Sourced from http://www.facebook.com/theamateurphotographerng
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by denzel2009: 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2011
He/she is a useless driver.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Rossikk(m): 6:45pm On Dec 11, 2011
THESE roads are also in the same Nigeria:

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by werepeLeri: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2011
God bless you Rossikk
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by kokoA(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2011
Dat driver na blind man
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Odunnu: 7:12pm On Dec 11, 2011
Good Job Rossik!!!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Natasha2(f): 7:15pm On Dec 11, 2011
@first pic lol that's not a road that's free ticket to hell grin

nice roads cheesy
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Pifa: 8:25pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

Rossikk,

What road is the fourth picture from the top. . .the one with the screaming red soil? Is it in Lagos?
I would love to roll down that road on my motorbike. Wheeling down a winding mountain road on a quiet Sunday morning is like going to church. Exhilarating!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by maclatunji: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
Oh! my bad. I did not get the memo that says all roads in Nigeria are so well laid-out and tantalizing. That first photo is probably from China then.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Rossikk(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^ Oh! my bad.  I did not get a memo stating that all roads in Nigeria resembled your pic. The ones I posted are probably from Japan then.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Rossikk(m): 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2011
maclatunji said

Oh! my bad. I did not get the memo that says all roads in Nigeria are so well laid-out and tantalizing. That first photo is probably from China then.

Oh! my bad.  I did not get a memo stating that all roads in Nigeria resembled your pic. The ones I posted are probably from Japan then.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by maclatunji: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2011
Rossikk:

maclatunji said

Oh! my bad.  I did not get a memo stating that all roads in Nigeria resembled your pic. The ones I posted are probably from Japan then.

I see, I am sure Nigerians travelling to their villages this December will enjoy smooth-rides on these near-perfect roads and wonder what dorks like me are talking about because everything works so wonderfully.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by caseymoney(m): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2011
Those roads are in Abuja. You need to go elsewhere and take real Nigerian roads.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 12, 2011
Y are the roads texture red in color 
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2011
Bcuz dats how it is
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by ochizo(m): 11:58am On Dec 12, 2011
@Rossikk How about posting roads across the country and lets do the comparison. Nigeria has more bad roads compared to good roads.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:12pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by r231(m): 12:14pm On Dec 12, 2011
The road is prolly one way

and drive prolly drunk grin grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:19pm On Dec 12, 2011
All dis wan wey pipo dey shout lovely. . .why dunyoo show the road to your house in Nigeria? wink
Abi na Abuja every bodi dey live? wink

See the road to my own house o! grin

Mu he he he he he. . .we still get Minister of Transportation abi? wink

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2011
Rossikk, believe me, the roads you posted are also sub-standard in my opinion.

You need to see roads in Europe.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Phate07(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2011

Is that car on auto-pilot?
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by maclatunji: 12:35pm On Dec 12, 2011
Sagamite:

Rossikk, believe me, the roads you posted are also sub-standard in my opinion.

You need to see roads in Europe.

Thank you, I just wanted to spare him because he was yanking this thread in the direction I did not intend for it. I don't know how people can queue-behind mediocrity and portray it as perfection!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2011
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by catso(m): 12:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
What road is the fourth picture from the top. . .the one with the screaming red soil? Is it in Lagos?
I would love to roll down that road on my motorbike. Wheeling down a winding mountain road on a quiet Sunday morning is like going to church. Exhilarating!

[quote][/quote]

That Bridge is Itigidi bridge in Cross-Rivers state.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2011
All those bling bling road posted above probably has a life span of one year. I remember when the Ibadan - Ife road was just constructed, it was just like the ones above, Now the road is messed up big time. Bad Engineering as usual from our Lebanese contractors. I am getting a SUV sharp sharp this new year, too much pot holes on the road in my area angry
Sedan and saloon cars dey suffer for naija ooo, I laugh most times when people import those effizzy cars from US to drive on Nigerian roads grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by gulfer: 12:48pm On Dec 12, 2011
Lasinoh:

Na wah for Fashola Lagos o! grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/591730_Car_Falling_jpg79bfee06a463a99eda5cb5e52eae6ee4
Is the driver BAT blind?? Road to my house is very poor abandoned by one of these ACN cronies contractors. 2years down the line, we are getting used to it.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Colleoni: 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2011
Nice one Rossik.
But which roads should be more, good roads or bad roads?
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMHuooxFdL4&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysz86snup4&feature=related[/flash]

God bless my darling Plano. . .TEXAS. USA!!!!! cool
God bless my darling Dallas. . . .TEXAS. USA!!!!! cool
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by nagoma(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2011
You mean what the picture tells me about nigeria drivers?

Like all Nigerians they cannot be patient enough to take their turns and have no respect for other service users, roads, food canteeens, petrol queues , banks, entry into stadium, cinemas, even churches and mosques.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by lagcity(m): 2:21pm On Dec 12, 2011
Lasinoh:

God bless my darling Plano. . .TEXAS. USA!!!!! cool
God bless my darling Dallas. . . .TEXAS. USA!!!!! cool
mehn, u gotta luv texas. everything is big in Texas cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari is concerned over insecurity - Lawan, Gbajabiamila / Primary: Obaseki To Be Elected Unopposed As Imasuagbon Steps Down / El-zakzaky’s Daughter, Nusaiba, Speaks On Fate Of Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.