Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? (3100 Views)

Never Wear Cloth That Contain These 10 Images For Heaven Sake / Good Morning Jesus;For Heaven Bound SOULS. / One Slot Left For Heaven: Bill Gates Or ADEBOYE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by huxley(m): 12:26am On Aug 13, 2008
Can one really prophesied in the name of the Lord, cast out demons in his name and do wondrous works in his name, all these and more, and NOT be of god? Would god allow all these to be done in his name and yet the doer not be on god's side? Would god really channel his powers and gifts through someone who is not on his side? Why would god do such a deceitful thing?

This means that someone like Benny Hinn who performs all these "wondrous act" (slaying in the spirit, healing, prophesing etc) in the name of the Lord may yet be from the devil. Is this not absurd that god would channel his powers thought someone from the devil. If that were so, who is served by all these wondrous acts?

What this means for the rank and file believer is that considering all their works and dedication to serving god and doing his will, they may yet end up on the other side. How can one really know whether they are on god's side? Looks like you don't get to know until the end.

Matthew 7:

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 12:34am On Aug 13, 2008
what is heaven and where is it located? which of the heavens, islamic paradise or the christain heavens?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by huxley(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2008
How do you know you are on god's side?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2008
When im sure you are destined for HELL
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by huxley(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

When im sure you are destined for HELL

Ah, so you know who goes to hell and who goes to heaven?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
i do know if you keep up with this beliefs and attitude

YOU WILL [b]DEFINITELY [/b]GO DIA
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Gamine
go where? what if you die and you realize that allah is the creator of hevean and earth and he decides to lock you down in hell for all eternity just for being a christain, what will you do then? grin grin
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
A piece of stone could never have created the heavens if thats what you mean and the earth
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

A piece of stone could never have created the heavens if thats what you mean and the earth

so allah has now become a piece of stone? you see the problem with religion and indoctrination? you have been indoctrinated to not believing in allah and yet you laugh and pity them for the same process you have been made to undergo. ohh lord have mercy on the muslims for the know not what they are doing grin grin grin and the muslims also say the same to you christains. why is jehova better than allah? why should the koran be discarded and the bible be accepted? if you were born into a moslem home you would have been defending islam with the same passion you are using to defend chriatainity. why is islam wrong and christainity right? both of them can not all be true and i know for sure that all of the are wrong.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2008
I was born into a MUSLIM HOME.

i have my MUSLIM NAME!

There is only one Truth and that is JESUS.

go figure, when you have closed your mind to certain things how would you learn
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Queenisha: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2008
Oh Gamine,you too were a Muslim?
Jesus is indeed Lord
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

i have my MUSLIM NAME!

i know a pastor that became a muslim and is professing that there is no god but allah. why is he wrong? i have friends that left christainity became moslems too and the moslems around them all chanted allah is great, i want to know why they were wrong in making their decisions. besides islam is the fastest growing religion is the world, why is that so? what has your being a christain have to do with jesus as the only truth. truth to what?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Queenisha, Na God o.

@Mazaje,

pastor? so?

because he was confused dosnt mean i am or should be
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

@Queenisha, Na God o.

@Mazaje,

pastor? so?

because he was confused dosnt mean i am or should be

same thing will be said by muslims to you, most will say that you never really understood the religion. there are 1.5 billion of them so what difference does it make that you left the religion. you said jesus is the only truth and i asked truth to where and what? people are interchanging their religions the world over that doesnt mean anything as far as i am concerned.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Gamine(f): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2008
Like i said Your closed mind

will not allow you to see right

so nothing i say will mean a thing to you.

i will only Pray that the Holy Spirit touches you
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Queenisha: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

i. besides islam is the fastest growing religion is the world, why is that so?

higher birth rate
marriage at early age as young as 6 and 9
polygamy
illiteracy
lack of birth control
lack of other activities besides sex
poverty

The same reasons poorer countries have higher populations duhhh!!
The same reason poorer families have more kids
nothing else to do but give Iyawo belle annually

By conversion Christianity still remains the fastest growing faith.
Christianity is by conviction and not as a birthright
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2008
Queenisha:

higher birth rate
polygamy
illiteracy
lack of birth control
lack of other activities besdes sex
poverty

The same reason poore families have more kids

what those all these date mean? i want to know why islam is wrong and christianity right simple. i want to know why jehova is better than allah
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Queenisha: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

what those all these date mean? i want to know why islam is wrong and christianity right simple. i want to know why jehova is better than allah

Because the Bible says so
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2008
Queenisha:

Because the Bible says so
grin grin grin grin grin but the koran says that the bible is wrong, why is the koran wrong and the bible right?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by JeSoul(f): 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

i have my MUSLIM NAME!

shocked wow Gamine PRAISE GOD for you!
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 7:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
Queenisha:

higher birth rate
polygamy
illiteracy
lack of birth control
lack of other activities besides sex
poverty

The same reason poorer families have more kids

By conversion Christianity still remains the fastest growing faith.
Christianity is by conviction and not as a birthright

not true by convertion athiesim is go figure.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by rampant(f): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
Gamine:

i have my MUSLIM NAME!

r u serious?oya gist us,why did u leave it for christianity?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Queenisha: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

grin grin grin grin grin but the koran says that the bible is wrong, why is the koran wrong and the bible right?

That's to show how much you know.
The Koran tells Muslims to learn the Torah (Old testament) and Injil (Gospels) and when in doubt ask the Christians.
Mohammed himself had people reading the Bible to him.

Find me where the Koran says the Bible is wrong.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

Actually the koranic God claims to have sent down the bible and confirmed it. duhh.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
Queenisha:

That's to show how much you know.
The Koran tells Muslims to learn the Torah (Old testament) and Injil (Gospels) and when in doubt ask the Christians.
Mohammed himself had people reading the Bible to him.

Find me where the Koran says the Bible is wrong.

muslims believe that bible has been corrupted by the christains. eg they do not believe that jesus was crucified. allah(writers of the koran) told them that they should not believe in the death and resurection of jesus which is the main message of christainity.

davidylan:

Actually the koranic God claims to have sent down the bible and confirmed it. duhh.

the bible it claims to have sent is not your 66 books or what ever bible you hold. they believe the one you have has been corrupted.allah(the writers of the koran) told them so
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

muslims believe that bible has been corrupted by the christains. eg they do not believe in that jesus was crucified. allah(writers of the koran) told them that they should not believe in the death and resurection of jesus which is the main message of christainity.

No matter how close a counterfeit $5 note is, it will have at least one subtle difference from the real $5 note.

Islam is hinged exclusively on denying the Lordship of Christ, acknowledging that Jesus was crucified and resurrected will be an automatic invalidation of the entire empire of islam.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

No matter how close a counterfeit $5 note is, it will have at least one subtle difference from the real $5 note.

Islam is hinged exclusively on denying the Lordship of Christ, acknowledging that Jesus was crucified and resurrected will be an automatic invalidation of the entire empire of islam.

so? catholics believe in the divinity of mary while so many others do not and there are over a billion of them. those that invalidate them as christains? jehova witness do not believe in the divinity of jesus as god, they do not believe he was curcified on a cross but rather he was hung a tree what about them? mormons believe they are the only sect that are truely christains because of the revelation of god to joseph smit , why should people not believe in jospeh smit and believe in paul, they both claim to have seen visions and revelations from god didnt they? white garment wearing churches, seven day adventist etc too have their own beliefs etc . they all got their beliefs from the same bible like you. why are they all wrong?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

so? catholics believe in the divinity of mary, and there are over a billion of them. those that invalidate them as christains? jehova witness do not believe in the divinity of jesus as god, they do not believe he was curcified on a cross but on a tree what about them? mormons believe they are the only sect that are truely christains because of the revelation of god to joseph smit , why should people not believe in jospeh smit and believe in paul, they both saw visions and revelations didnt they? white garment wearing churches too have their own beliefs etc . why are they all wrong?

Because their extraneous beliefs are not supported by the very bible they claim to hold. Simple as ABC except to the lost.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 8:46pm On Aug 13, 2008
davidylan:

Because their extraneous beliefs are not supported by the very bible they claim to hold. Simple as ABC except to the lost.
they all got their beliefs from the same bible like you.why are they still wrong? why should people believe paul and not joseph smit since they all claim to have recieved their visions and revelations from god?

the way you believe they are lost is the same way the believe you are lost too. so who is wright and who is wrong? and do their various beliefs invalidate them as christains?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

they all got their beliefs from the same bible like you.why are they still wrong?

It shows again that you dont know what you're talking about. The mormon doctrine (Joseph Smith) is not found in the bible, Mariolatry is NOT found in the bible, the divinity of Jesus Christ as LORD is in the bible contrary to Jehova's witness claims.

how then did they get these beliefs from the bible? Next time read before arguing.

mazaje:

why should people believe paul and not joseph smit since they all claim to have recieved their visions and revelations from god?

Because brother Paul's message is spot on with the very same message of Salvation Christ preached and is validated by the teachings of others like James, Peter and John (men who walked with Christ when Joseph Smith's fore fathers were not even born).

Its not rocket science.

mazaje:

the way you believe they are lost is the same way the believe you are lost too. so who is wright and who is wrong? and do their various beliefs invalidate them as christains?

the bible is the yardstick by which beliefs shld be judged not by how loud your noise is.
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by mazaje(m): 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2008
It shows again that you don't know what you're talking about. The mormon doctrine (Joseph Smith) is not found in the bible, Mariolatry is NOT found in the bible, the divinity of Jesus Christ as LORD is in the bible contrary to Jehova's witness claims.

how then did they get these beliefs from the bible? Next time read before arguing.

joseph smith has his own book which he claims was given to him by god, why should it be discarded? johova's witness have their bible which fully supports their cliams too so what are you talking about, why is their own version of the bible wrong and yours right? their bible was editted to support their own belief just the way yours was editted to support you own belif, why is yours the right bible and why is their's the wrong one?

Because brother Paul's message is spot on with the very same message of Salvation Christ preached and is validated by the teachings of others like James, Peter and John (men who walked with Christ when Joseph Smith's fore fathers were not even born).

Its not rocket science.

thomas and some of the apostels worked with jesus but their accounts of events were discarded by the bible compliers and editors so what are you saying?

the bible is the yardstick by which beliefs shld be judged not by how loud your noise is.   

which of the bibles? the mormon bible? the jehovas witness version, the catholic version or the one you are holding? which of them is the true bible?
Re: How Can You Be Sure You Are Destined For Heaven? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2008
mazaje:

joseph smith has his own book which he claims was given to him by god, why should it be discarded? johova's witness have their bible which fully supports their cliams too so what are you talking about, why is their own version of the bible wrong and yours right? their bible was editted to support their own belief just the way yours was editted to support you own belif, why is yours the right bible and why is their's the wrong one?

The jehova's witness carry the same bible as us except it is interpreted differently as they pls.
joseph Smith brought his own book . . . the bible is clear . . . in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses let a matter be agreed . . . does Joseph smith's book agree with the bible? NO!.

Again to debunk these baseless claims of an "edited" bible . . . the complete original translations of the bible are available . . . USE IT!

mazaje:

thomas and some of the apostels worked with jesus but their accounts of events were discarded by the bible compliers and editors so what are you saying?

Dont be stupid, Christ had 12 disciples (plus Mathias) . . . only Peter, James and John had their books included in the bible . . . if we were to include the books of all the 3000 disciples who came to Christ on the day of pentecost do you know how big the bible would be today?

mazaje:

which of the bibles? the mormon bible? the jehovas witness version, the catholic version or the one you are holding? which of them is the true bible?

You asked this earlier . . . are you running out of gas?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Modern Day Christianity - An Altar To Self Worship / Please Where's Living Faith In Lekki? / Why Do Christians Worship Cesare Borgia's Image As Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.