Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World (4063 Views)

Alinko Dangote Now Worth N3trillion As He Gains N15.6bn In 24 Hours / Abubakar Sani Bello, The Richest Governor-Elect In Nigeria Detected / Journalist Allegedly Beaten Blue And Black In Imo Over Political Matters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by adamsy07: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
According to the 2008 Forbes International Billionaire List, Aliko Dangote, with a net worth of $3.3 billion is the richest black person in the world, over taking Oprah Winfrey who was listed as the only black billionaire for three straight years. South African gold magnate, Patrice Motsepe, was also listed with a net worth of $2.4 billion. Aliko Dangote and Motseps are the first black Africans to ever appear on the Forbes internationl rich list,[1] however, Mobutu, the Congolese president, and Sani Abacha, the Nigerian military leader, were probably billionaires when they were alive but Forbes could never confirm this (according to Forbes magazine's Kerry Dolan).[2]

From 2001-2003, Forbes listed Black Entertainment Television founder Bob Johnson as a billionaire[3], but dropped him after his fortune was split in his divorce from his wife Sheila. [4] He returned to Forbes international rich list in 2007 with a net worth of $1.1 billion USD. In 2008 Johnson's wealth dropped further to approximately $1.0 billion USD even.[5]

Afro-multiracial billionaires have also been identified. Forbes international richest list includes Michael Lee-Chin of Canada, who is of Chinese and Afro-Caribbean ancestry. Saudi-Arabian billionaire Mohammed Al Amoudi has black ancestry because his mother is from Ethiopia, but rich lists classify him as Arab.[6]. Also included is Mo Ibrahim, a British billionaire of Sudanese Nubian ancestry[7].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_billionaires

[b]I THINK BEEN A NIGERIAN WE STAND TO BE RESPECTED WHEREVER WE GO IF THIS TREND CONTINUES AND WE WILL BE SEEN AS GENUINE PEOPLE RATHER THAN CRIMINALS THAT WE ARE BIN SEEN AS BEFORE OR WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW NIGERIAN[/b]S
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by jaybee3(m): 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2008
[
I THINK BEEN A NIGERIAN WE STAND TO BE RESPECTED WHEREVER WE GO IF THIS TREND CONTINUES AND WE WILL BE SEEN AS GENUINE PEOPLE RATHER THAN CRIMINALS THAT WE ARE BIN SEEN AS BEFORE
[quote][/quote]

Not necessarily as having a nigerian among the world's richest definitely won't sway peoples perspective of nigeria or her citizens.
The man probably reached that level because of shady deals and benefits from the past military governments.
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by texazzpete(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2008
adamsy07:

[b]I THINK BEEN A NIGERIAN WE STAND TO BE RESPECTED WHEREVER WE GO IF THIS TREND CONTINUES AND WE WILL BE SEEN AS GENUINE PEOPLE RATHER THAN CRIMINALS THAT WE ARE BIN SEEN AS BEFORE OR WHAT DO YOU THINK FELLOW NIGERIAN[/b]S

People have often accused me of being abrasive on Nairaland.

But. . .Jesus Christ, what kind of simplistic logic is this?!
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Godalone(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2008
Dangote's wealth has nothing to do with our reputation anywhere.
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Mustay(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2008
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by angel101(f): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2008
So?
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Nigeria16: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2008
i did not see my name on the list, no worry my name would be on the list very soon. But Adenuga, Ibru, should be on that list.
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by DRANOEL(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nigeria1@:

i did not see my name on the list, no worry my name would be on the list very soon. But Adenuga, Ibru, should be on that list.

and why should their names be there?
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by RichyBlacK(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2008
texazzpete:

People have often accused me of being abrasive on Nairaland.

ButJesus Christ, what kind of simplistic logic is this?!

@texazzpete,

I feel your pain  sad.

Dangote's wealth has nothing (nada) to do with Nigeria's reputation anywhere because his rise to wealth bears no correlation with the lives of Nigerians in general or Nigerians of a given demographics. Rather, it is a testimony to the disgusting level of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Gamine(f): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2008
But Texzz e no reach to swear na tongue
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by morpheus24: 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2008
Richest man in Naija by wayo is not richest black man. Go and ask PDP where they get all their campaign funds for in exchange for monopolising industires in naija.

Richest man my ass
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by mosunade(f): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
so? wetin we will do about that?
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Nigeria16: 12:53am On Aug 15, 2008
adenuga own a cell phone network with over 16 million user.   he is worth more than $ 1 BILLION.  conoil with over 400 station, each is values $250k several oil well, he solely owns a bank worth more than $400 million, you need 250 million to do that.   so are the ibrus,  they have a bank with $1.3 billion. nearly half their. and owns plane fleet, hotels, largest newspaper, companies,  oil compnies ,  Nigeria have at least 5 people or more $ 1 billion ,

Adenuga story is funny, he was humiliated and treated like trash in north america and found gold in africa.

http://.com
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by ifyalways(f): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2008
Ok.Next pls
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by RichyBlacK(m): 7:36am On Aug 15, 2008
Nigeria1@:

adenuga own a cell phone network with over 16 million user. he is worth more than $ 1 BILLION. conoil with over 400 station, each is values $250k several oil well, he solely owns a bank worth more than $400 million, you need 250 million to do that. so are the ibrus, they have a bank with $1.3 billion. nearly half their. and owns plane fleet, hotels, largest newspaper, companies, oil compnies , Nigeria have at least 5 people or more $ 1 billion ,

Adenuga story is funny, he was humiliated and treated like trash in north america and found gold in africa.

http://.com

Okay now, wetin be your point? Abeg make we know.
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Gamine(f): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2008
Alinko

Seriously undecided
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
No go think how you go earn you daily bread. you no see all the post about dangote? make you make your contribution there, abi you no dey read rules of posting a thread. don,t come and bore us here with your discovery, Alinko ko, papa ajasko ni
Re: Alinko Dangote The Richest Black In The World by lucabrasi(m): 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
df2006:

Alinko ko, papa ajasko ni
lol papa ajasco and company lol with baba suwe in tow grin grin grin
@poster
irrespective of how much dangote has,i believe its an indictment on how irresponsible and boderline wicked he is considering his home state has one of the highest number of children out of education, like the yoruba sayn loosely translates a single wealthy man in the midst of a thousand paupers is thehead of paupers rather than a rich man

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Jonathan Reshuffles Cabinet / All Hail Tinubu . The New Undiputed Heavyweight Champion Of The Sw. / Will This Set Of People Make Paradise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.