Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? (1083 Views)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by bamie(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2008
Is it posible to use a desktop formating CD ROM for a laptop?
Can it work efficiently the way a laptop can work?
I seriously need the answers to the two questions
thanks
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by DualCore1: 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2008
wht do u mean by "desktop formatting CD-ROM"?
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by bamie(m): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2008
Dual Core:

wht do u mean by "desktop formatting CD-ROM"?
CD Rom u can use to format yourPc, that will clear off the memory, i just wanna know whether i can use it with laptop
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by DualCore1: 4:59am On Aug 15, 2008
A Bootable CD will work on a laptop or desktop, any CD tht works on a laptop will work on a desktop and vice-versa. hope tht helped cUz i only have a vague idea of wht u're on about.
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by LARRYMcCOY(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2008
@poster
I guess you are talking about The 52x CD-Rom or something like that, I want you to know that it's not the CD-Rom that format your Desktop, it's the Bootable CD that you formate your Hardisk,if you have a working CD rom in your laptop, just grab a Bootable CD and follow the process,

Good luck
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by chiboy7(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2008
my dear you cant use desktop cd rom for a laptop ok,
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by akannitao(m): 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
hey bros, nothing stops you from using a desktop bootable cd for a laptop be it the cd itself or the cd drive. anything that works with a desktop definitely works for a laptop. even most drivers too. if u don't know what to do, ask me again. 08025755375
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by chiboy7(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
akannitao read what bamie said, Is it posible to use a desktop formating CD ROM for a laptop?
Can it work efficiently the way a laptop can work?
I seriously need the answers to the two questions
thanks, he never said botable cd. so take note cheesy
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by akannitao(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2008
i am dead serious about my statement. if u want to know how u can use it, that's some tutorial hnm? i can tell u what to do. just call 08025755375.
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by bamie(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2008
No need to fight,I've discovered the answer to the question, the answer is there is no way you can use a desktop formatting CD Rom for Laptop, It will never work, I tried it several times but it didn't.
Thanks every1
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by samir101ng(m): 12:03am On Sep 20, 2008
Guy, seriously. do you know what you are saying ? Maybe am ignorant but i have never heard about a desktop formatting CD-rom. What i know is that in order to format a system, whether a desktop or laptop, you need the OS cd, either win xp or vista. You then erase everything on the hard disk and make another clean installation. Shikena !!! However, i am prepared to be enlightned by what is a desktop formatting Cd-r0m.
Re: Is It Possible to use desktop bootable CD for laptop? by akannitao(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2008
whatever you say hmn, anyway i know definitely i have done this times without number. you dont know how to does not mean it is not possible. you might have to pay me to learn it. simple

(1) (Reply)

Dell D610 Centrino For Sale @ A Cheaper Price, Call 08033646625 / Advice Needed: Computer Printers / How Can I Unlock Airtel Modem E173 .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.