Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? (3182 Views)

Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic / 300 Nigerians Deported From Botswana / 380 Nigerians Are Deported From The Us Every Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Omg!! Who da hell is worrying about getting deported from Nigeria.
Dude, I would be singing hallejah.

Hahahahahahaha! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Does Nigeria actually deport anyone?! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by origina9ja(f): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2008
Siena:

Hahahahahahaha! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Does Nigeria actually deport anyone?! undecided lipsrsealed

lol dey do
i was once rejected cheesy
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
Really? Amazing.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by origina9ja(f): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2008
Siena:

Really? Amazing.
shocked
wat amazing about dat angry
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2008
origina9ja:

shocked
what amazing about that angry

Oops! lipsrsealed

I wasn't referring to your rejection, more the fact that Nigeria actually deports folk!

My apologies.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by frag(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2008
Lets assume your here illegally. Who do you thinks is gonna be able to fish you out?
You need not worry cause the Nigerian government doesn't have a clue about issues like this.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2008
Why are you worrying unnecessarily. You have a Nigerian passport, YOU ARE A NIGERIAN,
Where you choose to settle has no impact on that. Case closed.
Your question wouldn't have come up if you stuck close to foreign affairs, There are Russian citizens living in Georgia. They are Georgian by settlement but they hold Russian passports, same scenario, chikena,
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 5:34am On Sep 01, 2008
Bakassi Residents Need Passports To Enter Nigeria

RESIDENTS of Bakassi traveling to Nigerians will need to carry their proper traveling documents, including the passport of their new country, Akwa Ibom State Immigration Comptroller, Sir William Park, has said.

Fielding questions from The Guardian at the weekend, Park also said that the National Orientation Ageny, state information agencies and other government parastatals should educate returnees on the need for them to carry their traveling documents as part of the resettlement programmes.

He said there was need to educate and re-orientate the people into accepting the reality of the situation, as the ceding of Bakassi to Cameroun means that migration from either of the two neighbouring countries now means crossing international boundaries.

He noted that crossing of international boundaries requires total compliance to traveling norms to avoid embarrassment.

"The real challenge is now that Bakassi is part of another country and people coming from there need to have proper traveling documents because they are crossing international boundaries," he said.

On human trafficking in the state, Park said his command had burst three gangs of human traffickers in the Oron axis, where 47 people were arrested including a physically challenged man who was the ring leader.

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=310808&ptitle=Bakassi

Dont really know whats going on in that region, but I guess its international law. But can't some exceptions be made for exenuating circumstances.

However, if I were a Bakassian, I'D have evacuated the place long before now, unless I wanted to be a part of Cameroun.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2008
If I were an indigene of that land then I wouldn't move at all. It is not exactly like there are any particular benefits of being a Nigerian and opposed to a Cameroonian. I would simply change passports if necessary and stay in my father's land. After all we are all Africans. People seem to forget that the border lines that differentiate each country from the next are man man and not God made.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by dudubobo1: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
EloSela:

If I were an indigene of that land then I wouldn't move at all. It is not exactly like there are any particular benefits of being a Nigerian and opposed to a Cameroonian. I would simply change passports if necessary and stay in my father's land. After all we are all Africans. People seem to forget that the border lines that differentiate each country from the next are man man and not God made.

There are benefits associated with citizenship
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
EloSela:

The Camerounian anglophones (English speaking citizens) have long complained of being discriminated against by the Francophone population. They seem to be the underdogs over there.

I think dual citizenship should be allowed.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
dudu-bobo:

There are benefits associated with citizenship

What does one benefit from being an Nigerian as opposed to a Cameroonian?

tpia:

The Camerounian anglophones (English speaking citizens) have long complained of being discriminated against by the Francophone population. They seem to be the underdogs over there.

I think dual citizenship should be allowed.

Bull! These people still have their indigenous languages to communicate in. It is much the same scenario in Gambia and Senegal where there are Anglophones and Francophones living side by side on the border but still communicating in the native languages. (wolof) I even know a Gambian that has several close family members who just happen to be Senegalese because of the borders were split down their countries and divided between the British and French. Those Bakassi people should stay where they are joh! I personally would never give up my ancestral land because of some borders drawn up by colonials.

My family are from the Delta region of Nigeria and I have always thought that if such a scenario were to happen to us where a centuries old treaty popped up saying that our lands were actually part of another country and not Nigeria I know that I would definitely stay put!
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
EloSela:

Bull! These people still have their indigenous languages to communicate in. It is much the same scenario in Gambia and Senegal where there are Anglophones and Francophones living side by side on the border but still communicating in the native languages. (wolof) I even know a Gambian that has several close family members who just happen to be Senegalese because of the borders were split down their countries and divided between the British and French. Those Bakassi people should stay where they are joh! I personally would never give up my ancestral land because of some borders drawn up by colonials.

My family are from the Delta region of Nigeria and I have always thought that if such a scenario were to happen to us where a centuries old treaty popped up saying that our lands were actually part of another country and not Nigeria I know that I would definitely stay put!

Gambia and Senegal are two separate countries?

And the complaints about discrimination are coming from Camerounian Anglophones who actually live in Cameroon. You're saying they dont know what they're talking about?

Its a free world- even if you wanted to migrate to Cameroun right now, no one is preventing you.

However, presuming to speak for others when you know nothing about what they're going through, makes no sense. Let a Camerounian or a Bakassian living in cameroun come and clarify.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
Southern Cameroons became part of Cameroun on 1 October 1961. Foncha served as Prime Minister of West Cameroun and Vice-President of the Federal Republic of Cameroun. However, the English-speaking peoples of the Southern Cameroons (now West Cameroun) did not believe that they were fairly treated by the French-speaking government of the country. Following a referendum on 21 May 1972 a new constitution was adopted in Cameroun which replaced the federal state with a unitary state. Southern Cameroons lost its autonomous status and became the Northwest Province and Southwest Province of the Republic of Cameroun. The Southern Cameroonians felt further marginalised. Groups such as the Cameroon Anglophone Movement (CAM) demanded greater autonomy, or independence, for the provinces.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
@Tpia

Gambia and Senegal were one and the same before the British decided that they wanted Gambia back from the French. Hence the reason why there are there are now Anglophones in Gambia and Francophones in Senegal who are from the same indigenous groups with the same language, culture and customs.

I know a few Cameroonians and Furthermore are you saying that all the Anglophones in Cameroon were Nigerians?
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2008
they were part of the british administered territory.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nigeria10: 11:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
most nigerian america or canadian or british are born out of nigeria.  And carry two passports. alot of nigerian abroad have 2 passport. nigeria law allows it.
happy labour day.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 12:51am On Sep 02, 2008
EloSela:

@Tpia

Gambia and Senegal were one and the same before the British decided that they wanted Gambia back from the French. Hence the reason why there are there are now Anglophones in Gambia and Francophones in Senegal who are from the same indigenous groups with the same language, culture and customs.

I know a few Cameroonians and Furthermore are you saying that all the Anglophones in Cameroon were Nigerians?

I don't recall anyone on this thread saying the Camerounian anglophones are Nigerian.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos State Local Government Chairmen Election In Eredo Lcda / Igbo ‘go Home If You’re Tired Of Staying In The North–waku / TOP 50 US/CANADA BASED NIGERIANS - Nvslisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.