Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? (3179 Views)

Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic / 300 Nigerians Deported From Botswana / 380 Nigerians Are Deported From The Us Every Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by nguage(m): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2008
I'm in dire need of help. My parents were born in Bakassi, Calabar. This makes me Nigerian by default. But since Bakassi has been handed over to Cameroun, I have been asking myself questions. Am I Nigerian? Is my Nigerian passport still valid? Should I meet with the Camerounian embassy? Will I get deported if I come to Nigeria?
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by idupaul: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2008
if u like stay in Naija as an illegal immigrant, if we catch u, hhhmmmm angry
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by DeepZone: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
I'm in dire need of help. My parents were born in Bakassi, Calabar. This makes me Nigerian by default. But since Bakassi has been handed over to Cameroun, I have been asking myself questions. Am I Nigerian? Is my Nigerian passport still valid? Should I meet with the Camerounian embassy? Will I get deported if I come to Nigeria?

No, I believe there should be concession in this issue for Bakassi residents. They've signalled to whomever cares to listen that they prefer to be Nigerians but either way, they should be deport proof.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by ogb5(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
you are countryless grin

so file for assylum in nigeria tongue
afterall we have people coming from Niger republic yearly and harassing people all over nigeria for money.

You can join their club
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
mosun_ade:

you're a goat.

why are you insulting him nah?

are you ok?

n-guage:

Your Nigerian passport shouldnt be automatically invalidated by the handover,imo.

Isnt Senator Florence ita Giwa also from bakassi?  Maybe you should contact your "former" state govt, Nigerian immigration/customs service  or the Nigerian embassy to see if they have any answers. It would be a miracle if they do however, from what I've heard so far.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by vigasimple(m): 12:26am On Aug 15, 2008
This is another example of Nigerians having 'no government'

A responsible govt will have publicise nationally the situation and status of resident of Bakkassi and what they should be doing before and after the 14th August 2008.

Also, for some people just making noise just few days before the handover it is sad. It is now quite conceivable that the whole of Nigeria can be ceeded to Benin Republic and our politicians will still be eating pepper soup and big stout.

Hope is one thing that is close to eternal, we should not lose hope Nigeria day is coming very soon.

As things stand we simply have clueless President and govt, and to be fair to the present administration we have bad govt's for a long time.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 12:32am On Aug 15, 2008
vigasimple:

A responsible govt will have publicise nationally the situation and status of resident of Bakkassi and what they should be doing before and after the 14th August 2008.

Also, for some people just making noise just few days before the handover it is sad. It is now quite conceivable that the whole of Nigeria can be ceeded to Benin Republic and our politicians will still be eating pepper soup and big stout.

Hope is one thing that is close to eternal, we should not lose hope Nigeria day is coming very soon.

As things stand we simply have clueless President and govt, and to be fair to the present administration we have bad govt's for a long time.

why do you think the decision of the world court was wrong? Did you examine the reasons why bakassi was returned to cameroon, or its too much work to do so?

The matter predated Nigeria's independence. Did you look at the evidence for and against, and what exactly can you pinpoint as validating your claims here?
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by deor03(m): 12:35am On Aug 15, 2008
vigasimple:

You guys just say anything you feel like.  You need to cross check your fact before coming out to write things on a public forum
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by origina9ja(f): 12:47am On Aug 15, 2008
nawaooo
see as peepz dey beg my country 9ja
shocked shocked shocked make i no even chat shit 4 here
i kno no oooo
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by AloyEmeka9: 2:52am On Aug 15, 2008
Omo come my village make i give you 2 acres of land if you get money to build any factory. I can also give you certificate of citizenship(Biafra or Nigeria, any one you want).
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 6:56am On Aug 15, 2008
N-guage your fears are well founded, for even as we speak, plane-loads of illegal immigrants from Nigeria are in the process of being deported from Lagos to Honolulu, Hawaii, where they will all be forced to occupy opulently furnished ocean-view villas, for the rest of all time.

Do not say you were never warned, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you wisely decide to procure Jujuological protection from La Migra, anywhere they surface in Nigeria.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by ayomifull(f): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2008
Were the residents also handed over to Camr?
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Godalone(m): 9:08am On Aug 15, 2008
@poster,
You are now a Camegerian.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by wiseguy(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2008
You are a Nigerian. The residents have been relocated and another local govt created inside Cross river state also called Bakassi. You belong there and so do Senator Mrs Florence Ita Giwa that represented the zone in the senate.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
It would be nice if they could have dual citizenship.

But Cameroon probably wont agree to that.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by cbase: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

Omo come my village make i give you 2 acres of land if you get money to build any factory. I can also give you certificate of citizenship(Biafra or Nigeria, any one you want).
@aloy Emeka
Nwanna ji si ike
You're funny
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2008
grin

yes you can!
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by folahann(m): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2008
Stay where you are!
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by ikamefa(f): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2008
Jakumo:

N-guage your fears are well founded, for even as we speak, plane-loads of illegal immigrants from Nigeria are in the process of being deported from Lagos to Honolulu, Hawaii, where they will all be forced to occupy opulently furnished ocean-view villas, for the rest of all time.

Do not say you were never warned, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you wisely decide to procure Jujuological protection from La Migra, anywhere they surface in Nigeria.

hahahaha! " grin " i don laff tire cheesy
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by chidichris(m): 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
my dear, u shld be rejoicing for a smooth disengagement from this ghetto called nigeria.
this is a very good opportunity for u to declear urself wanted and then claim any country of ur choice.
i am praying that obj or any other president shld come and sale Imo state so that i will find my way out.
that your passport does not have any relevance as it is not even recorded in the immigration computer.
please rejoice, you are out of this mess. i tell u what, u can still remain neutral until things are better here and only then will i encourage u to state ur claim of belonging here.
another problem now is cameroun who might come back for u because inheriting that land might mean inheriting everything in the land so think fast.
finally, contact FG to know what their agreement was before the accepted the hand over.
have a nice thinking corner.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
chidichris:

my dear, u shld be rejoicing for a smooth disengagement from this ghetto called nigeria.
this is a very good opportunity for u to declear yourself wanted and then claim any country of your choice.
i am praying that obj or any other president shld come and sale Imo state so that i will find my way out.
that your passport does not have any relevance as it is not even recorded in the immigration computer.
please rejoice, you are out of this mess. i tell u what, u can still remain neutral until things are better here and only then will i encourage u to state your claim of belonging here.
another problem now is cameroun who might come back for u because inheriting that land might mean inheriting everything in the land so think fast.
finally, contact FG to know what their agreement was before the accepted the hand over.
have a nice thinking corner.
grin grin sharp igbo man
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
If you have a Nigerian passport, then you're a Nigerian. Stop splitting hairs.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by BigB11(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
I agree; a Nigerian passport makes you a Nigerian.
Just take it as it is; any more noise making will only create unnecessary problem for yourself.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by bimbex: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
Mr man! stay there and still claim Nigerian, because there is still hope that we can still get back Bakkassi no go migrate oooooo tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by davidif: 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2008
my good friend, don't listen to them jare, they don't know what they are talking about jo. You are Nigerian any day any time. By the way, why the heck would you want to be associated with a useless country like Nigeria?
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by tpia: 9:08pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ OP: actually, the question you should be asking is can you get a Camerounian passport in addition to your Nigerian one. Just in case there's some benefit to being Camerounian.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2008
Omg!! Who da hell is worrying abt getting deported from Nigeria.
Dude, I would be singing hallejah.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by origina9ja(f): 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Omg!! Who da hell is worrying about getting deported from Nigeria.
Dude, I would be singing hallejah.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
why
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by origina9ja(f): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2008
davidif:

my good friend, don't listen to them jare, they don't know what they are talking about jo. You are Nigerian any day any time. By the way, why the heck would you want to be associated with a useless country like Nigeria?

why da Bleep would u say the country is useless
prove sad sad sad
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 12:14am On Aug 24, 2008
indigenes of bakassi have a choice to SETTLE in nigeria or stay where they are and be treated as foriegners by the camerounian government. the land was ceded not the people. people forgot lots of the maritime boundary with oil was given to nigeria. bakassi was an undeveloped territory nigerians only cared about because of the court ruling. the Oil would be jointly mined by both countries.
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 12:18am On Aug 24, 2008
YES and NO grin grin
Re: Can I Get Deported From Nigeria? by alarainey(m): 10:23am On Aug 24, 2008
Just go and buy another passport at the Immigration office.
get the e-passport, maximum 20K, it will have a new start and expiry date.

nobody will deport you. forever. by this singular act, You are still a Nigerian

it really is that easy. then when u want to get the cameroun passport, apply from the North near Yola.
see People  from Cameroun near Yola. who knows who is who?, we are all the same.
Keep your cameroon passport for when u want to go visit Cameroun.

As for when you are in Nigeria, nobody asks for passport, except you are white and the police that stop you are highly educated (this is very rare)

lol, just relax and enjoy Nigeria.
Shikena

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria In The Next Five Years / Abiola's Son Wants Theft Charge Against Him Dismissed / What Are U Doing To Change Nigeria For Good?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.