Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish (983 Views)

8 Months Pregnant Olympian Runs 800m Race / Who Is The Greatest Nigeria Olympian? / Sunday Bada- An Ex-nigerian Olympian Dies At 41 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2008
All hail the greatest Olympian of all time. History was rewritten yesterday as a famous american named Micheal Phelps won his 4th and 5th gold in Beijing to take his Olympics gold medal haul to 11,surpassing Carl Lewis total of 9. A man leaving his country to win 8 golds in Beijing, and he has won 5golds out of five events, while our own team left our shores without even a bronze medal certainty. Abeg hail let's hail 'PHELPS THE FISH'
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2008
He has the appearance of a man, but the agility of a fish. I tell you this american is wonderful. 5 golds out of five events and he still wants to win golds in the three remaining events he wants to compete in. Cant we produce swimmers in this country. Big ups to you Phelps
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2008
Well earlier today Phelps won his sixth gold medal to Take his total tally to 12. He didnt just win gold he broke world records for each of the six wins. Yes he is truly the Greatest Olympian of all time.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Ibime(m): 8:48am On Aug 15, 2008
Who dash him greatest olympian?. . . . . the guy won gold medals in 200m butterfly, 200m breastroke, 200m backstroke, 200m front crawl, 200m freestyle. . . . . its still the same bloody 200 metres. . . . . if you tell Carl Lewis to run 200m, 200m running sideways, 200m hopping, 200m running backwards,. . .  he would have won 30 gold medals by now. The olympic medal system is lopsided.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by MrCrackles(m): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2008
For me, i wont give him the greatest Olympian he is tremendous and phenomenal though

What about Carl Lewis?! my favourite of all time!
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Olumide7(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2008
that guy is a shark!!!
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2008
@ibime
But at least we should give him credits, winning gold medals in different swimming styles no easy my brother. And i wonder why carl didnt Take to swimming in d first place. Well according to IOC, Micheal Phelps is now the greatest olympian of all time wit a total golds' medal haul of 12
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2008
@olumide7
Well my guy nobody is dashing him the greatest olympian, they are only taking his gold medal haul into consideration.we all have favourites
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Ibime(m): 11:55am On Aug 15, 2008
Instunla:

@ibime
But at least we should give him credits, winning gold medals in different swimming styles no easy my brother. And i wonder why carl didnt Take to swimming in d first place. Well according to IOC, Micheal Phelps is now the greatest olympian of all time wit a total golds' medal haul of 12

He is a great but he is just a swimmer. . . Carl Lewis competed in 2 seperate disciplines
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by ow11(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Ibime

what about Daley Thompson. The decathlete. I think doing ten sports and winning back to back gold medals is awesome! too many medals in swimming
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by nila07: 4:54am On Aug 16, 2008
the guy is a fish!
yesterday, there was a segment on phelps and his uber-human body. apparently the guy has the perfect shape of a swimmer. he is 6'4 but has the legs of a 6 feet tall man, and the torso of a 6'8 man  shocked. his heart pumps more blood than the average person. and have you guys heard about his 12 000 cal diet (mainly carbs)? his feet are huge
and then when he spreads his arms it reaches 6'7  shocked
all of this plus hard work and dedication makes him the best. so far he has won more olympic medals than any other athlete. and thats what journalist refer to when they say he is the greatest olympian of all times.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 16, 2008
I'm in love wiv this dude kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2008
Wao! Earlier dis morning Phelps won the 100m butterfly gold to take his total gold medal haul in beijing to seven(7), equalling the record of 7 gold medals at one Olympics set by U.S swimmer Mark Spitz at the 1972. Though the guy he beat to second place protested, but how does dat matter. This guy understands the technical aspect by doing a half stroke instead of touching the board ahead of the 2nd placed serbian,thus via FINA's one-two rule
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2008
The 100m butterfly he just won was so close he could only beat the serbian by one-hundredth of a second. After the race d serbian camp protested, forcing the FINA to look into d race,and after holding up d result 4 close 2 2hours,Phelps was adjudged d winner. Phelps will now aim at becoming d athlete to win 8 gold medals in one games when he takes part in d 4*100 medley relay race tomorrow morning at the Water cube. How i wish i could swim.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2008
His latest victory has been termed "PHELPSGATE". But listen to the words of a FINA official from Kenya,Ben Ekumbo, who said there was no doubt about who won d race.
"it was very clear that d serbian swimmer touched seconds after Phelps", he said. " One was stroking and one was gliding".
The race didnt only confirm him as the greatest Olympian,but the best athlete of all times and he is still only 23 years of age.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2008
@nila07
I saw what dis guy consumes. It is plenty enough to feed five average men a day and it gives him more than 10,000calories of energy. You are truly what you eat.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 8:31am On Aug 16, 2008
@nila07
I saw what dis guy consumes. It is plenty enough to feed five average men a day and it gives him more than 10,000calories of energy. You are truly what you eat.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Instunla(m): 8:44am On Aug 16, 2008
If Micheal Phelps was a country,he would be fourth on the medals' table. If he was a street, the streets really would be paved wit golds. You see that's why our athletes cant go far, we dont have good dieticians in this country.
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by showbobo(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2008
Michael Phelps wins his eighth gold medal of the Beijing Olympics to beat Mark Spitz's record of seven.

Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by tosinadeda: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2008
Ibime u dey vex o!!!
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Ttola(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2008
for me dis guy i just another regular guy and like ibime rightly said its cause its swimming,

no other contegent or athelete can ever have this unfair opportuinity ,
why should we hail a man that can compete in eight competetion of the same likeness and ,, others are struggling with to the end with just one competetion,

imagine a weightlifter he has just one shot with his weight,, a tennis player with just two options,, and the rest,

this phelps or whatever is just a regular in the swimming competetion,
Re: The Greatest Olympian: Phelps The Fish by Ttola(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2008
the hype he's receiving nw is just to get attention for the u.s ,, since under probation they wont win this olympic edition and they just must get something to get their name up high,

this same man won six gold in the last edition and was hardly ever mentioned cause their was their has gold tally to talk about,, but its lyke theve lost that

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Could Bid To Become First African Olympic Host In 2020 / FALCONETS NOW TO PLAY IN PRETORIA / Former Nff Chairman's Wives Dropped From Under 20 Female World Cup In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.