Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? (1098 Views)

Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games / Pictures Of The Nigerian Team From 1994 World Cup / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by DeepZone: 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2008
American press believes in juju, suspicious of Nigeria’s victory

By Agency Reporter

Captain Isaac Promise on Wednesday had a tough time convincing the journalists at the mixed zone that Nigeria’s 2-1 victory over USA was not influenced by juju.

Promise scored the first goal while Obinna Nsofor grabbed the second, after the captain, who was substituted by Osaze Odemwingie, handed him the captain‘s band.

[size=14pt]But some of the journalists, mostly from the USA believed that there was something magical about the way the goals were scored. [/size]

Promise said, “This is not a magical band and remember it is my third match and I only scored today. We played well and deserved our win.”

Nsofor was also on hand to defend himself. He said, “That is not funny. What is magical about a match we fought so hard to win. Isaac is the captain and I was the closest to him as he was going out and he gave the band to me.

“The goalkeeper (Ambrose Vanzekin) is the vice-captain but he was just too far from him. I am happy I gave the band a good use with my goal. I scored against Japan without any band.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/14/411.html
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by cescky(m): 12:38am On Aug 15, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by AloyEmeka9: 1:54am On Aug 15, 2008
Otioooooooo, na so dem dey argue the Chinese winning of the gymanstics they've been domineering.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by IykeD(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2008
They want to control everywhere and everything.Well bout the juju, will you blame them? No be Naija Government official dey spend N1billion for Juju, abi u think say dem never hear?
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by MrCrackles(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2008
laughable and seriously funny allegations! grin
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by Akolawole(m): 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2008
IykeD:

They want to control everywhere and everything.Well bout the juju, will you blame them? No be Naija Government official dey spend N1billion for Juju, abi u think say them never hear?

Where did you hear this nonsense?
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by folahann(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2008
This thread is very good for the joke section, it's needed there.

So cos two different players scored while they were wearing the captain's armband that means it's Juju.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by chiogo(f): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2008
Juju coo, juju nee. Americans like to win at every single thing. Too bad soccer is not their forte! Sore losers, lol. I will support Nigeria on this one jare.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by A40(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2008
Very funny indeed i thought it was only Africans that where fetish
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by grandjedi(m): 3:11pm On Aug 15, 2008
Hehehehe  grin. Juju indeed! Juju pushed their no 3's elbow against Okoronkwo to earn him a red card which was removed from the referee's pocket via satellite remote control. grin
The same juju helped Ogbuke to outrun and beat their mumu defenders to place a perfect pass to P. Isaac, with the juju manipulating Isaac's leg and foot with just the right amount of force to bang the goal in. grin
Alas, this very terrible juju also aided Nsofor in finding the right trajectory to beat the keeper for the second goal.

However, regrettably the same juju that had been active through out the match conveniently excused itself to "take a leak"
when Vanzekin decided to pounce on the American to create a penalty kick. I swear it, the lad was in full control of his senseless. . . sorry, . senses when that happened - that was the only thing in the match that wasn't juju. cheesy grin

A dying man clutching at straws these Americans. Maybe juju 'twas that made Bush invade Iraq and spirited away the so-called weapons of mass destruction. grin
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by DeepZone: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2008
The same juju helped Ogbuke to outrun and beat their mumu defenders to place a perfect pass to P. Isaac, with the juju manipulating Isaac's leg and foot with just the right amount of force to bang the goal in. Grin
Alas, this very terrible juju also aided Nsofor in finding the right trajectory to beat the keeper for the second goal

You never can tell, these Americans may be right afterall SiaSia is a juju man. Did you follow the team around in Naija? May be, they travelled to ijebu ode before going to China.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by MrCrackles(m): 10:31am On Aug 16, 2008
DeepZone:

You never can tell, these Americans may be right afterall SiaSia is a juju man. Did you follow the team around in Naija? May be, they travelled to ijebu ode before going to China.

watch ur mouth there, my hometown is not a juju haven! grin
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by AkoEja: 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2008
I hope the starter of this thread is joking. When you say something is magical, it does not mean its been achieved with magic or juju. It means its so good as to almost say its perfect. Its a positive comment on the performance of the players. It means they played so well it felt like magic
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by 4Play(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2008
I knew the article must have been from a Nigerian newspaper. . . bloody retards.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by DeepZone: 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2008
I hope the starter of this thread is joking. When you say something is magical, it does not mean its been achieved with magic or juju. It means its so good as to almost say its perfect. Its a positive comment on the performance of the players. It means they played so well it felt like magic

Well I thought as well until I saw the magical band accusation.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by mykali(m): 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2008
no be small thing o! which kain juju again. na juju Usain Bolt use become superman for track? USA WAHALLA 2 MUCH.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by davidif: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2008
@poster
that's not a credible source.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by presido1: 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2008
They should check Michael Phelps for drugs, his performance is superhuman.
Maybe test for Juju as well grin grin grin
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2008
4 Play:

I knew the article must have been from a Nigerian newspaper. . . bloody retards.
see who's talking~motherfucking retard! cool
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by Seun(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2008
This is a silly lie. Why can't the "reporter" in question name the American journalists in question? Come on.
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by DeepZone: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2008
They should check Michael Phelps for drugs, his performance is superhuman.
[b]Maybe test for Juju as well[/b]

How do you test for juju?
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by obongyi: 2:49am On Sep 10, 2008
Funny and useless excuse for being beaten to a pulp
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by odare24(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2008
So they don they believe in juju now. the one wey marion jones dey use wetin be that?
Re: Usa: Nigerian Team Won Us With Juju? by odare24(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2008
So they don they believe in juju now. the one wey marion jones dey use wetin be that? Or Ben the Johnson?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wants Everton's Physiotherapist And Physical Trainer For Worldcup / Okocha, Kanu And Aiyegbeni Makes Epl Hall Of Fame / Ngo Okafor: Computer Scientist Turned Golden Gloves Champion At Age 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.