Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Navy Seals Or Marines? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Navy Seals Or Marines? (2172 Views)

Advice. Nigerian Navy Recruitment Exercise 2014. / What Salary After Navy DSSC? / Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 4:45am On Jun 24, 2006
Marines
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by DaHitler(m): 5:05am On Jun 24, 2006
What is your point?
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 24, 2006
nothing lipsrsealed
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by diddy4(m): 6:13am On Jun 24, 2006
im beginning to think you got brain issues.
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2006
isn't it just a simple q
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by 2cantango(f): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2006
Lol diddy cheesy
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by diddy4(m): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2006
cool
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by nferyn(m): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2006
sas
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2006
who the hell is SAS?
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by nferyn(m): 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2006
adeoba1975:

who the hell is SAS?
If you want to start a discussion about special forces and don't know who the SAS are, you're on the wrong track. The SAS (Special Air Service) are the first special forces in history. They have their orgin in covert operations in occupied Nazi Europe.

The big difference between the SAS type special forces and the US special forces is that US special force rely far more on superior fire power and support. SAS can operate in the field for months without support from home.
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2006
thanks now i got that too
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by anton(m): 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2006
I think the us army green berets/Delta Force/ Special Forces would be more similar SAS. One of the main differences I know of is that noncommisioned officers can actually lead SAS misions, whereas in the us, an officer is always present on an A Team.

You really can't compare the marines to the seals. The seals are an elite unit of the navy whereas the marines are just the ground combat element of the navy. Many marines join the seals, but i don't know about vice versa. Also, many marine units are MEU/SOC which mean marine expeditionary unit/special operations capable.
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by anton(m): 7:57pm On Jul 09, 2006
Adeoba,

You had a chance to look at Swedan's set up as far as their self defense structure? Do they have a military? Are you required to serve or did you get there fairly recently?
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by WesleyanA(f): 1:28am On Jul 17, 2006
anton:

You really can't compare the marines to the seals. The seals are an elite unit of the navy whereas the marines are just the ground combat element of the navy. Many marines join the seals, but i don't know about vice versa. Also, many marine units are MEU/SOC which mean marine expeditionary unit/special operations capable.

Now that that's cleared.

what's "Beat Navy" all about? Is it a sports thing? or just some feud?
sorry for all the questions.

I prefer army airborne,even though i know nothing about it, because they do the "cool" jumps.
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 19, 2006
what's the full meaning of SAS?
Re: Navy Seals Or Marines? by nferyn(m): 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2006
adeoba:

what's the full meaning of SAS?
The wikipedia link I provided before gives a reasonably good introduction

(1)

Help! Can't Get Space To Do My Optometry Internship / Nigerian Army 74 Regular Recruits Intake Pre-screening Examination 2015 Lists / Step-by-step Guide On How To Open A Moniepoint Business Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.