Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final (32573 Views)

Poll: Olympics Soccer: Nigeria versus Belgium

Nigeria wins: 90% (179 votes)
Belgium wins: 9% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final / Nigeria 4 Belgium 1 / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
All I know is if we mark as a unit as we did against CIV

people will see how useless Riquelme can be

I dont know about Messi, he seems to find spaces whatever you do. However Messi can not do it all alone

But Riquelme is so easy to prevent from playing
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by desgiezd(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
xyoung:

how come evry bdy has  just turnd into soccer follower all of a sudden,

uhmmmm
even female
embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed angry angry shocked shocked<stard watchin soca>

9ice improvement

Ol boy! This is the only thing we can hold on to now ooo, our other athletes have really fumbled.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by buttkick: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
The team has 2 weaknesses:
- It lacks tactics in deadball situations
- It is tenced up in arial ball situations around the box
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
buttkick:

The team has 2 weaknesses:
- It lacks tactics in deadball situations
- It is tenced up in arial ball situations around the box
Are you talking about Argentina or Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Hannibal: 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

All I know is if we mark as a unit as we did against CIV

people will see how useless Riquelme can be

I don't know about Messi, he seems to find spaces whatever you do. However Messi can not do it all alone

But Riquelme is so easy to prevent from playing

Messi did it alone in 2005.
2 dives in the box, 2 penalties taken by him and 2 goals.
Who says Messi cannot do it alone. . . . . . . He is the Maradona of this generation.
One player cannot make a team but even that rule has an exception with Messi(when he is keenly interested).
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by folahann(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
The best thing is to break Messi's leg at the early stage of the match. That will do it perfectly
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
Hannibal:

Who says Messi cannot do it alone. . . . . . . He is the Maradona of this generation.
One player cannot make a team but even that rule has an exception with Messi(when he is keenly interested).

no objection

You are absolutely right, I hope our boys are disciplined enough
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by muyithomas(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
For me I think Siasia has realy justify himself when He told NFA and Nigerians to allow him to concentrate on his boys to bring back the Olympic Cup.Today he is not a laughing Jack.I must congratulate him very well for doing a great job.He his an archiver in this dispensation.
They would have used this against his person.Now I can confidently say that he his capable of handling the Senior National Team.

What do you think guys?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by alex406(m): 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yaradua get lucky head not like that big header called OBJ.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by onyinye2(f): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
No i want Messi to show up and stay in the game. If something happens to him, they will use that as an excuse on why Argentina lost instead of saying the lost because they were crushed by Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by ozomagala: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
Hannibal:

If he was a magician, why didn't he give the champions league cup to Berca? His candcuffs are being ordered as I type. tongue
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
folahann:

The best thing is to break Messi's leg at the early stage of the match. That will do it perfectly

I second hand you that was what happened to our guys Amokachie, Amunike and few others during USA 95 they were disarmed and that made us weak and gave I think it was Italy if I am not mistaken that chance to play us hand down
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rubi(f): 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
muyithomas:

For me I think Siasia has realy justify himself when He told NFA and Nigerians to allow him to concentrate on his boys to bring back the Olympic Cup.Today he is not a laughing Jack.I must congratulate him very well for doing a great job.He his an archiver in this dispensation.
They would have used this against his person.Now I can confidently say that he his capable of handling the Senior National Team.

What do you think guys?

Siasia is good
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by muyithomas(m): 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2008

Hannibal,
You're right with this analysis you gave.For me,our boys have realy avoided quite alot of body contacts so far in this championship.If they can carry this same spirit and attitude and keep them of the eighteen,then messi would be in soup.  
Remembering the late Tella,who told his boys never to play their opponents in their box yard which  got them the final.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 5:34pm On Aug 19, 2008
I love this clip, arabian commentaries are something else, lol

ya selam ya obasi, Wahdaaa, lepset lepset lepset, ahaleyha

Obasi's goal was a menace, goal of the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxtUetjHnjM
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Seun(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
now, this will make you laugh,

GOALLL, ayaptela, oko oko no ko, nijeria, oko oko, hapya, ala battery, ala battery. lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85xBI5IdDQ
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by emmydee(m): 5:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
Argentina 3 Brazil 0
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rasputinn(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
[flash=200,200][/flash]

GO NIGERIA

Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by deept(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2008
everybody in the argentine team is a potential hazard. The boys dont necessarily need to mark someone out, it will only give room for some 'unknown ' or 'supposedly less harmful player' to brerak through.
they just need to open eye and be sharp.
Everyone in the Argentine team is a star from keeeper to striker.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by deept(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
we would probably beet them using the long balls. abi wetin una think.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by soloqy: 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
@FBS

grin grin grin Am loving those clips and the arabic . Oko no Ko no Ko ? lol

I suppose thats okonkwo they were trying to pronounce abi?

lol
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by samir101ng(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yes Oh !!! We don win. Oya, make everybody begin to call him babalawo, alfa priest or juju master to start sending missiles at the argentinian team. If you na get bible or qur'an make you na start to dey pray also. I sincerely hope the nigerian team takes the gold. To all the haters, FK YOU. The only person i pity will be mikel obi who didnt have faith in his team and country. Well FK YOU TOO. Your mates have gotten a medal, while you rot at your club. Yes Oh !!! Winner oh oh oh Winner, Oshe, Oshe o, Oshe o, Oshe bam bam.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2008
soloqy:

@FBS

grin grin grin Am loving those clips and the arabic . Oko no Ko no Ko ? lol

I suppose thats okonkwo they were trying to pronounce abi?

lol

yeah, its so funny, oko no ko, kai,
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by TmeD0(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
FBS:

now, this will make you laugh,

GOALLL, ayaptela, oko oko no ko, nijeria, oko oko, hapya, ala battery, ala battery. lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85xBI5IdDQ

ROFLMYO! Man, that was so freaging hilarious! Oko no ko, oko no ko, lepset, lepset grin grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by zelaws: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2008
congrats nijja
now is the time for revenge and for siasia to be crowned the best indeginous coach in nigeria
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by dearie(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
Congrats! to everyone that believed in the boys from their first game.

Atleast we are sure of a medal now.

3 Gbosas for SIASIA
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by jgirl3: 6:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
I am so proud of them.
No matter what happens, we have a medal and it's not bronze. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
They really stepped it up today till they started playing around during the last couple of minutes.

Siasia has done an excellent job. I'm almost tempted to say the Dream Team boys are way better than the Super Eagles. Like the commentator said, they have excellent composure when they are playing along with some marvelous passes.

Whichever way. . . . . . . .
GO NIGERIA!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by MandingoII(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
Argentina is going to WHOOOP ya'll butt.

enjoy these few days why you can, grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by mykali(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2008
go naija
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by nazzyon(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
I am glad we won
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by grafikdon: 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
MandingoII:

Argentina is going to WHOOOP ya'll butt.

enjoy these few days why you can,  grin

We've heard it all before the Holland battle, the noise was even bigger before CIv with some prophets predicting CIV/Italy semi finals. . . when all their prophecy did not come to pass, instead of covering their face in shame, the shameless prophets of doom started to predict Belgium/Brazil Final. . . chei! Imitation prophets just don't know when to quit. . .  I know one guy in Ghanaweb who'd tie a brick around his neck and jump into a river should the eagles win the gold. . . bad bele no good at all grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Stanley Eguma, Rivers United Manager Kidnapped (Photo) / RIO2016: FIFA Cancels Mikel's Yellow Card And Two Others Against Denmark / CAF Awards 2019: Sadio Mane Is Africa’s Best Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.