Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,921 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank (820 Views)

Please Help!!. My Laptop Screen Is Flickering (shaking) / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by cooljade(f): 8:35pm On Aug 17, 2008
dear all,
i bought this HP PAVILION DV6000 laptop from london and it worked fine for the first few hours.

Today, which i 3 days after the initial and only use, my laptop comes on but has a blank black screen. i can hear all the boothing sounds and see the lights on but the screen is totally blank,

i've tried pressing the f11 ,F9 etc buttons at start but no solutions. pls someone help!!
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by DualCore1: 12:22am On Aug 18, 2008
erm. . . does it come on and goes blank? or its blank from the very scratch?

if its blank from scratch yet u can hear the beeps and all tht, it means ur display has problems. this might sound weird but try slapping the laptop lid a few times tongue

P.S: slap it at ur own risk o, if u slap and the thing crack, anyway sha my contact info no dey ma profile tongue tongue

if tht slaping thing doesnt work, then give it to a techie to perform surgery on it smiley
if u're in port harcourt, i could check it up for ya in my spare time.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by cooljade(f): 9:33am On Aug 18, 2008
@ dual core,

you got the problem right. i hear the beeping sound even when the screen is blank.

funny but i tried slapping ita few times,,,, but nothing happened.

what do i do now??
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by DualCore1: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2008
take it to a techie
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by Infoseye(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2008
yeah i experienced the same thing also I was told it was Bio's problem till cant find mine type of bios for my own laptop.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by Seun(m): 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
Try connecting it to a computer monitor before booting so you can see if there are any error messages.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by Bigpiper(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2008
@dual core
Is slapping alway the solution to every problem? Remember you to me to slap me room
ie and my lappy.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by DualCore1: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
hehe, it works.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by uspry1(f): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
Silly Dual Core, full of joker jest, but bright technician and programmer! grin

Yes, he is right, taking your laptop to the computer technician to look at finding what wrong with it.

I think it is either bad motherboard, bad processor or bad monitor---don't know which one! It is better let the technician help you resolved this matter.

Good luck!
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by ilosiwaju: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2008
mr dual core good job and a cute sense of humour,
mr pavilion-owner- i use this system too and coincidentally i got mine from london as well, i have had the same problem twice.
pavilions dont really like rough movement and shaky packaging.
open the RAM cover and remove+refix the memory or just shake them and make ure they are in place.
nothing to worry about.
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by bluehorizo(m): 11:47am On Aug 21, 2008
My Dual Core the clown grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by akannitao(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2008
have you got any soltn to ur hp pavilon yet? if not do you have the recovery partition burnt out on CD or DVD?
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by akannitao(m): 10:59am On Aug 22, 2008
if you still hav'nt got a solution, i have fixed such a problem with a pavilon before. consider seeing me or some other techie to fix that for u. know that it would cost you some bucks for the service. call 08025755375
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by sojioguns(m): 12:55pm On Sep 09, 2008
U said u bought it from London. For crying out loud return the damn thing. HPs come with 1 year's warranty minimum.
If you think it is too much of a hassle, try the following:
- there is a combination of keys that enable external monitor, laptop monitor or both. When it is on hold the Fn key and press it (it has d icon of a monitor with an arrow pointing out of it.)
- plug it to an external monitor before powering it on.
- If none of this works, then ur screen might be bad (about 35k)
- Another thought is BIOS settings. There is usually somewhere in advanced settings where u r asked VGA device to start first. PCI or --- (It should be on PCI or PCIe)
Re: Help: My Hp Pavilion Vista's Screen Is Blank by walemy: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2008
if u r still on the issue u can call me on this no 0802620123 wale

(1) (Reply)

Help Me! / Help:where Can Download Google Maps? / Ups Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.