Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ideas On Wind Mill - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ideas On Wind Mill (2098 Views)

Ideas On Power Production In Nigeria / Chinese Farmer Builds Wind-Powered Car In 3 Months / Wind Turbine Construction With Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas On Wind Mill by some1(m): 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2008
I'm a final year Engr student of LAUTECH, hoping to work on Renewable Energy Source (wind mill) I dunno if anyone has ideas to shear, i'd be very happy to hear from you.
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by Jean2(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
The basic principle that windmill operates on is the fact that when a coil of wire is rotated in a magnetic field, electric current flows in the wire. The electricity generated is tapped from the coil of wire using split rings.

You will have to construct propellers, connect it to the structure having coil of wire on it to rotate the coil. You will also need very powerful cylindrical-shaped magnet that the coil of wire will turn inside of.

You may look for a bicycle dynamo to get a practical idea of how to go about constructing your project. Wish you success!
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by Jean2(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2008
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:33am On Aug 29, 2008
I watched a documentary about the japanesse modification of the wind mill. This modification ensures it stop faster with lower wind speed. The windmill are small and blades are fused together.
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by honsule(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2008
@Adewale.Really?
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by Delaxa(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2012
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by member10: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2012
Has anybody actually done it before? I am currently doing it but don't know which motor to use. I know I need electric motor, but a low RPM motor is hard to find, any ideas?
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by pingyuear: 9:41am On Jul 13, 2012
This modification ensures it stop faster with lower wind speed. [img]http://www.dubaa.info/good.gif[/img]
Re: Ideas On Wind Mill by serrajay(m): 4:19am On Jul 18, 2012

(1) (Reply)

See Made In Nigeria Helicopters, Manufactured By Nigerian Engineers.... / Blackberry Curve 2 And Bold 2 Edhardy Case 4 Sale / Help! Opera Trouble!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.