Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,883 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? (3821 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
madamkoko:

I don't want to say Yes exactly but certain parts can be modified.

China is doing well economically isn't it ? I mean it has the largest increase in the number of the middle class since America in the 1960s.

In fact, I was reading in a newspaper today, how Chinese officials threw away bibles tourists planned on distributing to people. I'm obviously not proposing anything this drastic. lol. (just wanted to mention it)

China had one thing going for it . . . a very large population thus making it an attractive market for capitalists looking for cheap labour and a large market for their products. Merely taking what the Europeans have invented, mass producing it at cheaper costs doesnt make you an economic guru.

China has done well all the same.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by detruth: 11:34am On Aug 20, 2008
@poster
Locate those who worship them and where they do the same and ask!
The best would have been to keep to someones' beliefs!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by madamkoko: 3:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
Havent you read some of the religious posts on nairaland

you can locate such here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by 9ja4eva: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2009
I am yet to get an answer to the question asked in this thread.Maybe its cos they don't bother reading
their bibles and believe anything they are told.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by posakosa(m): 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2009
yea, actually where is MADAMKOKO, huh? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by olabowale(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2009
@Madamkoo: But Jesus was a man of God. So the tradition of worshipping men of God continues around the world. Nigeria is just being the poster child right now because of the terrible malaise caused by the bad economy from the 1980s.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? by Abuzola(m): 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2009
Thats 9ja xtrian 4u. So gullible

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Misquoted “violent Verses” In The Holy Quran / Ladies Can You Marry An Atheist / How Muhammad Ali Was Deceived By Islam & Why Cassius Clay Was His Greatest Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.