Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are (15452 Views)

PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! / Need Details Of ICAN / Hard Copy Of ICAN New Study Pack, Pathfinder And ACCA Materials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
fellow accounting technicians ,

let us come together to discuss issues concerning our exams, career,
lectures, results, profession, the institute, job vacancy, evrything
about the ACCOUNTING TECHINIAN SCHEME(ATS)

LET us take the Accounting technician scheme to a brand new level,
Let us make it very popular as it is in the uk.
Let us brand ourselves so that employers will come to appreciate us the
more
Let us dicuss ideas, oppourtunities, biz
let us dicuss career development
make all the enquires u want to
discuss our challenging exams and aw we can get nthe best out of it

I AM PROUD TO BE AN ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN OF ICAN-SIGN IN IF U ARE

AAT(011979)

let me get the ball rolling

Which Subject did u find challenging the most when u were sitting for u
ATS exam. for me ATS2 QA and FA were nerve breaking.

Iam now in PE 1 and facing FA again. may God help us ooooo

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
it seems we dont av many accounting technicians in the house.

well over eigtheen years since the scheme as been in place not up to 14000 students av successfully completed the exam.
1. due to the fact that it is not that popular
2. Not all schools readily accept it for direct entry like OND
3.Due to the nature of the exam-it is not meant for toddlers, u think say na Beans to write ICAN exams at any level

The reasons above and thosenot mentioned i hope that by coming together we can be able to put and end to it by giving our views and opinions on the challenges we are facing, sending such opinions and views to the council members of the institute, working the AAT committees, probably organising seminars, workshops, anything that will take the ATS to the level it ougth to av been.

Reminding the institute to work on partnering with any good nigerian university to award bsc after completion of all ur professional exams etc. like ACCA does.

I implore all AATs many of whom are now Chartered Accountants working in the industry it is time to remember your source.

tell us wat employers want that should be incoporated into the ATS scheme.
Tell UR employers that AAT are Middle level professionals who are very capable.
All Lectures Who are chartered Accountants must u forget ur Baby the AAT. teel the NUC that AAT or Graduates of the accounting technician scheme are very capable mentally, academically and very disciplined to be granted Direct Entry admission to higher institutions of learning. same applies to our daddies in the pOLYTECHNICS.

Show to them how much we av to learn b4 we can pass.prove our worth 4 us

I know there are thousands of accounting technicians on nairaland. NOW IS THE TIME

2 Likes

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by calmguyj(m): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2008
I am an AAT holder also. Inducted in 2006 but writing my PE II now. I can tell u dat my boss rates me higher dan ND holders in my office cos of my qualitiy of work.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2008
At LAST i,ve seen one AAT. thats good we will get there someday, so ,caml, aw how u doing, . I am sure your boss will be willing to employ more AATs because u are a very good ambassador.

where do u recieve ur lectures 4 PE?
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by calmguyj(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2008
I attend lectures @ PYE in Jibowu. r u writing Nov diet? which level?

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by Mustay(m): 5:08am On Aug 23, 2008
Mayor the institution should be ready to receive students' views.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by yinkaoke(f): 4:07pm On Aug 26, 2008
Hi Mayode
I am also an AAT now in PE 1 to be inducted in dec. this year. I think I agree with u its time we prove ourselve in the labour marke and so far so good we are not doing bad I am working too and my boss has even recommende me for promotion in less than a year and to God be the glory its a credit to me and to all AAT's.

though I also hold an ND certificate, I did ATS I, but 2 was tough I wrote it twice fail IT only @ first can u imagine and I have lecture It b4, it suprised my father when I showed him the result then but I am done with ATS now and preparing for nov. PE1.

Cheers brother

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by babaife(m): 5:57pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ Postors,

Am Proud of you guys. Infact i dont know how to state the extent of my gladness for the opportunity to remember my ATS days. It was fun filled but highly challenging.

I was inducted June 2002 and Qualified as a Chartered Accountant in may 2004.

QA they said was difficult, i found it the easiest. Auditing was the most interesting but IT was the most boring. The only rule to capture ICAN is to exhaust the syllabus. Make sure you have something to say on each topic in the syllabus.

You guys may not appreciate the quality of your certificate until you come face to face with the Almighty "MDCS". there you need your ATS skills, the basic knowledge of accountancy.

I wish you guys the best in your exams.

AAT/008413

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2008
i knew we were going to get there someday, no matter aw long it may take, well i am happy to recieve comments from fellow AATs.

I read on friday 22 august 2008 tribune newspaper an ad-guess what? if u av ur ACA or passed ur PE111 you can apply to OOU sandwich programme, they called it one name like that sha, u spend 2 years and get a Bsc in Accounting.

this is a step forward and im sure better things are yet to come.

i recieve lectures @ VISION TUTORS IKEJA beside Archbishop Vinning Church, will be sitting for PE1 NOV DiEt. i am doing my best and committing the rest to Jah.

Our big sis that"s now an ACA, Aw was the journey,tell us more about the ride, ur study techniques, lecture centre,etc

I heard that LOSS RELIEF IS NOW INDEFINITE, IS IT TRUE?

will keep in touch.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2008
babaife , sorry o i thought u were a lady. nice to av u onboard, are there still opportunities for ACA in nigeria, seems chartered accountants are not respected as much as before.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by babaife(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
mayorde:

babaife , sorry o i thought u were a lady. nice to av u onboard, are there still opportunities for ACA in nigeria, seems chartered accountants are not respected as much as before.

o
An ACA is always respected no matter his/her age. All you need do is be more diligent as much is expected of you as a chartered accountant. Yes. Relief loss is now indefinite.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by calmguyj(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2008
In the last induction held in June. One of d facilitators who spent almost 8 years to write 2 levels was the outstanding speaker amongst all and he suggested that AAT should have a separate body from ACA so that d awareness of d AAT certificate can be enlightened to most employers just has it is been done in UK.

Mayorde, Babaife what's your suggestion because not all employers are aware of AAT certificate?
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 11:50am On Aug 29, 2008
hi calmguy wats up? i was inducted this year June as well, i didn’t know the facilitator spent 8 years to write 2 stages, aw come u knew that?

wel dat does not matter, at least he fought till the battle was over- thats the spirit of an achiever.
Now to your question. i av actually thought of it before and wat i concluded was that if the Institute can make it compulsory for any ATS graduate who wants to proceed to the professional Exams should go for one year INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT(I.T), by this means many employers will be aware of the ATS and these AATs will be able to prove their professional competence which i am sure employers and even govt will find satisfactory.

The Institute should give all ATS graduates letter of I.T to whom it may concern, and before the students can write the PE they will bring a letter from the organisation they av had their IT stating that while they were employed they were able to prove their professional competence, were deligent, honest, trustworthy and recommend that they should be admitted as professional students of the institute.

2. The Institute Should publish in The dailies stating wat the ATS is all about, wat graduates of the scheme can do, the benefits of the scheme to the nation as a whole, the individual, the company etc.

3. The institute together with the AAt committee should visit COMPANIES, BANKS, AND ORGANISATIONs that often need middle level professionals to tell them more about The ATS and it graduate. The truth is most of this employers do not know about the ATS scheme

4. I will stil come up with more. thats all i can think of now

in my own opinion the ATS should not be given a separate body now- it has not matured to that stage. if despite the fact that the institute has been spoon feeding it all these years it is still at this stage, don’t you think it will die of starvation if left on its own. how many AATs do we av, not up to 14000 and not all of them will continue to pay their subscription once they qualify and not all students continue to write the exams once they fail. so financial wise if the ATS is left on its own it will be to its own peril.

I think the best thing has been done to make it WEST AFRICA WIDE i.e ATSWA now under ABWA but the local institutes still av to do their own parts as i av mentioned above.

ACCOUNTING students in the universities and polytechnics av a body, if professional accounting students can av a body i guess it will go a long way to help. say Professional Accounting Students Association Of Nigeria-ATS(PASAN-ATS)and PASAN-ICAN.then we will av say SAFE chapter, WYSE chapter, PYE chapter, ViSION chapter etc. they will av- u know, an exco. will meet 2 discuss issues concerning them. forward their opinions, advice etc to the AAT committee and to the Institute and do a lot of Awareness campaign etc and other things as set out at the beginning of this thread. it will really go a long way to help. with the help of the institute. it will be made compulsory for each student to by a sticker like: I AM PROUD TO BE AN ACCOUNTING TECHNINICIAN OF I CAN - JOIN IF U CAN. or I BELONG TO THE PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING STUDENTS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA-ATS(PASAN-ATS)-WOULD U BE A QUACK OR A PROFESSIONAL--hey, i am just thinking wild.

wat else, alright i will come back again.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by yinkaoke(f): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
Hi Mayode
I must admit your write up is good but the one that has to do with AAt's going for IT(industrial attachment) I completely disagree.
The AAT as I know supersides OND certificate and more so with OND certificate you will only be exempted ATS 1 & 2 to write 3 this means the former supersedes the later, so if you are saying that AAT's should be allow to go for IT it will therefore mean that both are equivalent don't you think so.

The best which I think and which you have highlighted is the awareness campaign among the various industries and also institute of higher learning to heighten its recognition in the labour market.

However I also think that AAT certificate should be considered for direct entry into the universities since it supersedes ND certificate which are still slightly considered for DE in some universities.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2008
hi yinka,
i been off for sometime. aw are u doing? i dont seem to agree with you as regards AAT's going for I.T making it equivalent to the OND, NO! it does not. why do i say so?
HND students in polytecnics go fo SIWES dont They? In some universities 300/400 level students go for IT ( science oriented courses especially).

AAT students going for IT mingth be placed probably on the same level with OND students no doubt, that does not mean we are equal technically and professionally speaking, and if you are able to proove ur worth, you can be promoted ahead an OND student, dont you think so?

Sometimes in life we may av to swallow our pride. if going for IT we give us the type of recognition we deserve then i dont really think being placed on the same level with an OND matters. with time the boys will be seperated from the men, if you actually proove ur worth.

ONE battle after the other. let AAT be employed first. later we can figth for superiority over OND.

ICAN nomination form is out for AAT. visit there website and download it and submit to their office in V.I
i am about to download mine i will want to campaign or seek nomination for the President/Vicepresident of the AAT committee, but i'll probably be very busy next year, all the same i;ll still put in. i hope you will vote for me at the ANNUAL CONFERENCE IN DECEMBER. i want to INVITE U ALL TO PICK UP UR NOMINATION FORM AS WELL.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
please dont mind my spelling and grammar. i am always in a haste.(when typing).

I will just like to add taht some schools accept AAT for direct entry. I just came back from Nssuka(UNN) on sunday. i went there to write their post Direct Entry Exam.

Some schools that accept it are: OAU, BENIN, NAU, UNN, OOU, etc consult jamb brochure 4 more.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by tonyoseh(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2008
hey guys,am tony AT/063796 whats up guys,pleased to get n to knw we v spirited AAT persons on d net,to say d least aat certs is getting to anoda level nw if dnt knw,4 r info banks wit acca staffs make it a point dat any AAT applicant shd b intervieved n employed.d news is,wit dat cert u get promotion faster dan r peers on board.i knw of a guy who used AAT cert pt 2 old syllabus nw his a manager wit 1 of d banks in nigeria 2day.so u c d levels.I was thinking of forming a forum where we AAT holders can meet once in while an discuss issues on courses,way forward in our carrer n help out in job seeking 4 AAT holders only.so guys what do u think?i thot of AAT NATIONAL FORUM.CHEERS MEN

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by tonyoseh(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2008
how many of u ll agree wit me dat we can compet favourably wit HND holders,here is an incident,i asked a guy who graduated wit hnd in accg to explain sometins in QT pt 2 on linear programming,regression,correlation n others on financial accg bt to my surprise he said he had no idea on them,funny enuf he graduated wit upper credit,dis is funny abi.AAT make we dey praise ourself,if easy go try am.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by 3sam: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
AAT has been a light in a very dark tunnel for me. So i rated the opportunity high.
I rated every product of AAT high to be the best Quality.
I am writting PE11 now.
Nerve breaking Subject for me has always being Auditing,
I am still looking for ways to make it my best subject,, any help is highly welcomed.
CHeers.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by dapsins69(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2008
Proudly AAT.I would be writing pe2 Nov 2008.Nice Contributions you guys are Making.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2008
proudly AAT. i am so happy many AATs are turning in, we will get there. let continue to use this thread to address every issue concerning the AAT.
i am findind it difficult to read that course called MIS, it is just too voluminous,can any body give me an hint on how to read it, though i passed IT in ATS 2 it was more by cramming rather than understanding, i dont want to do that again it is the best form of learning. please help kme out ooo.

Wat do U say About aving a body like Professional Accounting Students Association Of Nigeria-ATS(PASAN-ATS) (PASAN-ICAN). do u think it will go along way to help?
WAt will be its Aims & Objectives?

I need ur comments guys- i am of the opinion that it will really go along way to help us .
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by calmguyj(m): 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2008
hey guys we can kick-start what mayorde suggests here - PASS (AAT). but what about after we attain ACA level?

Hi dapsin, which material can u send to me dat wud be useful 4 M.A. thanx
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by roarowolo(f): 10:47am On Jul 23, 2010
AAT members,

You are invited to visit us at www.google.google.com/group/atswa students. We need to tap on your wealth of experience when a student and after graduating from ATSWA scheme. We'll like to be like you and even greater than you as your children.

Thanks.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by luvola(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2010
hav also seen a P.E 111 STUDENT SCORING 25 OVER 70 IN COST ACCOUNTING EXAM IN LASU
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by mayorde(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2010
i cant remeber i wrote this much about ATS, eya life as to kip moving sha. now ACA and i guess the same applies to yinka as well.

@luvola. that a pe111 student scored 25/70 in lasu exam doesnt mean he isn a sound accountant. a lot of factors coulb be responsible for that.
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by yinkaoke(f): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2010
@ Maryode

I totally agree with you, circumstances could have played him down.
@ Luvola in addition to Maryode's point of view
Not that we are boasting its not easy to be a PE 3 student of ICAN not to talk of being Chartered. PE 2 & 3 is the most difficult for PE levels.
You know how school exams are, they are not conducted in a professional standard as compair to ICAN and other professional exams.
Take for instance I am now qualified to the glory of God but in 200 level unilag DLI and my GPA for year one is 3.14 even as I did not read and I was absent for a 3 unit course, imagine if I were to be chance to read and did not miss a 3 unit course exam, I will have been around 4 piont or even 4 piont plus.
But for people who do not know the circumstances surrounding my having a 3 point plus would have been saying a whole ICAN student and now ACA.
but now that I am more chanced and finally qualified I tell you this forth coming exam I will surely come out in flying colours.
Cheers
Mayorde can we network on face book pls. search for Okemakinde Abraham and add me I will confirm you and will also like to see you on induction day.
Remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by roarowolo(f): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2010
Dear All,

He is the only one that can tell why it is so but it is not an impossiblity. I qualified in 1992 with NCE certificate. I am now in for my B.Sc. I have never had the time to read ahead of the class as I used to do when in school. Each class is always a revision class for me once I have the course outline. There are just a lot to do. I have no time for myself both at home and in the office. I'm at this site to see how I can assist any student or member that needed to be attended to by the Institute on any issue whatsoever. I still have some other sites to visit for necessary actions. I am in charge of ATSWA examination, I have not realised 50% of the candidature for September diet. I am all out to see what could be done while many of my mates are already preparing for the second semester exam to commence on 03 September 2010 and almost finished their thesis. I have to place more priority on my official assignment first. Hene, my performance can not be compared with other students that have time to study or can even be granted leave and examination leave to study which in my own case is not feasible as I have to do everything to ensure that September examination is a success. My performance is at least 90% on residual knowledge.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by esekalocho: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2010
Being an AAT is one of the best that has happened to the Accounting Profession in recent years. the only problem we are having in getting Direct Entry admission with it is the fact that many HODs of Accounting Depts in some schools mainly Michael Okpara University od Agriculture are not even ACAs so they tend to frustrate AATs who come direct entry. Never mind every ATS graduate is a potential Chartered Accountant degree no degree. Hurray ATS!!! Hurray ICAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMEZI FRANCIS OBISIKE (AAT 011981)
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by Vishuga(f): 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
Hi guyz, am rily so hapy 4 y'all, i knw very soon i wil b thru wiv al of dis, bt d point iz dat i'v not started at al n dnt knw hw am gona go abt doin it, pls guyz,i nid ur advic n guidelinez 2 hw i cn go abt doin diz, plzz dnt ignore diz,
Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by roarowolo(f): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
Vi_shuga,

Kindly peruse the attached registration guideline to register as a student. You are to pay six thousand naira to Zenith or fidelity bank to obtain the pin voucher for online registration. The website address and pin code to use as password will be displayed on the pin voucher for your necessary perusal.

For further enquiry, kindly contact officers in charge through e-mail addresses: eobabatunde@ican.org.ng or studentsaffairs@ican.org.ng or call them to telephone 01-8714496.

Thanks.

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by roarowolo(f): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
Dear All,

Kindly find attached the advert for enrolment for March 2011 ATSWA examination. It will be highly appreciated if you can create awareness in your vicinities.

Thanks.

Re: I Am Proud To Be An Accounting Technician Of Ican-sign In If U Are by airnext(m): 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
I just finished ATS. Pls i want to know how much is the ICAN induction for june 2011. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman / The Beautiful Pain Of Working From Home - Marvejohndaily.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.