Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Is Animal Testing Necessary? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Animal Testing Necessary? (1092 Views)

When Blood Transfusion Is Necessary According To PCV Blood Test? / Fetus Genotype Testing (cvs)-a Remedy To Couples With Both Genotype As / A Female Doctor Commits Suicide After Testing Positive To Hiv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Animal Testing Necessary? by dudu19(m): 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
Before many drugs and cosmetics are tested on humans or released for human consumption, they are usually tested on animals. This is such a common occurrence that poison doses are measured in LD50 - median lethal dose required to kill half the members of a tested population (usually rats) - this involves intentionally killing large numbers of animals. Many people are opposed to testing on animals while many others are for it. This your view is an opportunity for people to debate the pros and cons.
Re: Is Animal Testing Necessary? by Seun(m): 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
Dead rats versus dead humans: which is worse? That is the question. I support animal testing of drugs.
Re: Is Animal Testing Necessary? by 1k001(m): 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
I think animal testing is a veritable way of determining drug efficacy. There really isn't any other way to test drugs than on animals first before humans. I don't see it as a bad thing because thee end result is useful drugs that prolong human life. Note that before a drug is released human testing is done on healthy volunteers. This means that we subject animals to no less than we subject ourselves.  As for cosmetics most countries have made it illegal for companies to use animal testing in developing cosmetics which i think is smart. Animals don't have to die just for us to look and smell good.
Re: Is Animal Testing Necessary? by amebo22: 2:58am On Mar 31, 2009
This is not even a topic for debate because if were in the science field or have a clue what goes on in the lab you would not ask the question,
The ttruth is in the lab you work under ideal conditions u have your hypothesis you want to prove it.How do u know it works. I make a brand of drug/ comestics and i bring it to you telling you that it has not been tested before and you are the first to try it would you honestly use.Hell no except------------------?You just neva know

(1) (Reply)

Learn/read How To Build Your Body :italian Maurizio Barattieri / How Can One Clear Variscus Veins / Men Beware You Might Be Sitting On Time Bomb With Prostate Condition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.