Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,805 members, 7,862,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! (745 Views)

Profile Of Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria / Names Of The Supreme Court Justices That Struck Out Wike's Appeal / V.P Osinbajo Receives Chief Judge Of Nigeria & Chief Justices In State House(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by Sagamite(m): 4:52am On Aug 19, 2008
Whilst most supreme court justices of the likes of US and UK attended the best universities in their country, were scholars and/or attained the highest accolade of the law profession of their respective country at an early age e.g. Queens Counsel (equivalent to SAN), none of Nigeria's supreme court justice can boast of any meaningful achievement that is evidence of exceptionality that should qualify them for such a top position.

Their academic history is, in some cases, something to mourn. With their qualifications, I have no doubt that if they were in the UK or the US they would never amount to more than law clerks or self-employed immingration lawyers considering the higher institutions they attended, some of this institutions are lame.

The sad thing is that we have loads of highly qualified and higly educated lawyers in Nigeria that have attended the best universities in Nigeria and the world, and are even visiting professors to these universities, who would probably do a far better job or be more befitting for the role.

Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria

Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States

Law Lords of the UK
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 19, 2008
government appointment in nigeria has always been about quota system rather than academic distinction. No surprises there.
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by SkyBlue1: 5:44am On Aug 19, 2008
davidylan:

government appointment in nigeria has always been about quota system rather than academic distinction. No surprises there.

And until quality rather than quota filling is made the goal then mediocrity and sub par perfomances will continue in a lot of sectors and a significant portion of the work force. This is something that i strongly feel really needs to be addressed, especially the University quota system that seems to encourage a specific part of the country to relax knowing that top jobs are still in reach even with the worst grades. This really does defy all logic considering how valuable and important a work force is to a country and its populace, there are somethings that should be too important to reduce to cheap politics. Such absurdity (absurd to me anyway) has become a symbol of the apparent willingness to accept mediocrity which has become symptomised by lack of significant competition in so many sectors and on so many levels whereby such competition could have been beneficial in driving development and growth in value of the workforce of the country. Isn't Nigeria supposed to be a federation of sought? When are things going to begin to resemble such?
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by Sagamite(m): 5:49am On Aug 19, 2008
Davidylan,

I know but the shocking thing is that no part of the quota is worth its salt.

All of the members, irrespective of quota, are below par.

None of the members can even claim to be one of the best from his region if we look at top lawyers across the country.
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by dudubobo1: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
Will those eminently qualified people really make any difference if they were appointed?, i'm considering the Nigerian factor now

It seems that the Nigerian system has a way of bringing the devil out of anyone. Therefore, I submit that whoever may be appointed to that Supreme Court will become just like the others. Sorry about my pessimsm embarassed
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by Sagamite(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
Serious pessimism.

I will disregard it.

Akunyili is there.

Soludo is there.

Gbenga Daniels is there.

Ribadu was there.

Okonjo-Iweala was there.

Duke was there.

There are those of us that have self-discipline, will-power and never-say-die attitude.
Re: Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria - Hopeless Quacks! by MrCrackles(m): 2:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
Sagamite:

would never amount to more than law clerks or self-employed immingration lawyers

the above is even too good

PARA-LEGALS and ADMIN ASSISTANTS in backdoor law firms! grin

(1) (Reply)

Court Case Of The Year- Fall Out Of Rotimi's Sack From Washington / Political Politicking. / Mend Rejects Yar' Adua's Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.