Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp (1868 Views)

Installing Windows XP Without A CD-ROM Drive / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by nifty: 8:57am On Aug 19, 2008
Cant access device manager
Re: I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by Maleeq(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2008
You can't access device manager as in you can't navigate to its location? or you are restricted from starting it?

If its the latter, did you have access to it previously? Are you the Administrator of the system? If you answer YES to any of these, [s]then I have attached to this post, a registry file that should restore access to the device manager. Just download and click on it. You would be prompted to added the entry to registry. Accept it.[/s]
Sorry, file types for upload have been restricted now. So, you have to copy the codes in below into a text editor(Notepad) and choosing "Save As" option =  "All Files". Then enter the name "RestoreDevMgr.reg".  This is necessary so that the save action creates a registry file and not a text file.
With this done, click on the saved file and accept to add to registry when prompted.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a}]
@="Device Manager"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\devmgr.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a}\ProgId]
@="DevMgrSnapin.DevMgrSnapin.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a}\VersionIndependentProgId]
@="DevMgrSnapin.DevMgrSnapin.1"

Cheers!
Re: I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by burla: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2008
oga maleeq , na u biko oooo , na programmer u be?
Re: I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by Maleeq(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2008
burla++:

oga maleeq , na u biko oooo , na programmer u be?
I dey try for that area small. grin

I'm in a mix of system/network administration and programming.
Re: I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by visitor30(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2008
Hi Maleeq,
Thanks for this, i just made use of it to solve similar problem 4 one of ma clients computer. Am also into IT, a netwrk admin/tech support engr.
Re: I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp by Maleeq(m): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
@visitor30
No shaking! Glad it helped you out.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Laptop Bargain? Can Sum1 Help? / My Brand New Lenovo Laptop Is Giving Me Problem, Pls Help!!! / Fairly Used Hp Pavilion 15 For Sale At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.