Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? (1113 Views)

Uk Study Visa (tier4) General / Tackling These Uk Study Visa Questions / Refusal Of UK Study Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Londonbad: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
After getting a uk study visa one can really get confused about issues such as how to take money to the uk, choosing an airline that will save you money etc. I've never travelled ouside naija grin so my first question is; Which is the cheapest airline to the uk? All the veterans PLEASE HELP
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
@poster

find a travel agent or a travel shop and compare prices from a few or more!

prices varies and are quite competitive nowadays
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by vanessara: 3:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
virgin nigeria is very good and cheap
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by LondonCool(m): 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
Take Afriqiyah Airlines from Lagos-via-Tripoli to London. Its the cheapest flight to UK.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by qhunlay: 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2008
Londonbad:

After getting a uk study visa one can really get confused about issues such as how to take money to the uk, choosing an airline that will save you money etc. I've never travelled ouside naija grin so my first question is; Which is the cheapest airline to the uk? All the veterans PLEASE HELP

Londonbad, congrats. Though i neva travel before, I av a friend who works in a travel agency and she sold ticket for a friend of mine who travelled 3 weeks ago. The guy travelled on Afriqiyah Airline and it was so so cheap
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by LondonCool(m): 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2008
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by agaba123(m): 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2008
LondonCool:

As you land from the Afriqiyah plane at Gatwick Airport get ready for TOUGH questioning from Immigration Officers when you arrive. They can over-turn your student visa if you are not sharp and eloquent. Passengers arriving from Afriqiyah airlines are rated the least level of Nigerians as they normally produce the highest number of "Oluwole" passport/visa holders into UK
Chei Londoncool you no go kill me. NSE don de mess up you come here de pass time.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Bossman(m): 5:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
Cheapest and best do NOT usually go hand-in-hand. What are your plans when you get to the UK? I am assuming someone will be meeting you there. Be ready to answer all sorts of questions at the airport, since your passport will be blank. Good luck!
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by lloydhill(m): 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
londonbad y not try KLM
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Vide(m): 7:53pm On Aug 19, 2008
CALL VIRGIN STUDENT CENTRE ON THIS NOS. 01-8150036. GET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR INTL STUDENT ID. OR VISIT www.STICNIGERIA.NET
BID U DA BEST.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Busybody2(f): 3:00am On Aug 20, 2008
If you know you cannot stand up to scrutiny wink, take a direct flight.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by 8ball(m): 9:00am On Aug 20, 2008
@ poster
british airways offer cheap rates for student travellers but they would need yo letter of aaceptance from the varsity and a photocopy of both yo visa page n data page of the int'l passport to do that. it's about 113K .the choice is yours

Congrats
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by qhunlay: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2008
LondonCool:

As you land from the Afriqiyah plane at Gatwick Airport get ready for TOUGH questioning from Immigration Officers when you arrive. They can over-turn your student visa if you are not sharp and eloquent. Passengers arriving from Afriqiyah airlines are rated the least level of Nigerians as they normally produce the highest number of "Oluwole" passport/visa holders into UK

Londoncool, my friend first travelled wif Virgin last year. He came home briefly dis year and wants d cheapest flight back to UK, dats y he settled for Afriqiyah and since his arrival we av been communicating.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Londonbad: 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2008
Thanks to all for the info.

@Lloydhill
Tried KLM but their site does'nt stop loading! do u know how much their fare is? Do they also have this student rate?

@8ball
Please can u give details about the british airways student special fare.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Busybody2(f): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2008
Londonbad:

You are only allowed a maximum of £3000 due to the money-laundering act, but I guess if you have to carry more than that, you need to declare it on the landing form that it is for your school fees and upkeep.
Re: Now That I Have A Uk Study Visa, What Do I Do Next? ? by Londonbad: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2008
@ Busy body

3000 pounds! Thats too much cash o. Was at GTB yesterday and they said they've stopped selling travellers cheques FOR NOW. Learnt that cashing T cheques originating from naija no easy sad I'm considering the mastercard option. Do u have any idea if naija mastercard works in the UK?

(1) (Reply)

MM Airport Wahala / I Got A Job In Romania How Will I Go About Obtaining Visa / +

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.