Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33672 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by RiffRaff: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2008
Nigerians hope you are getting ready to have your Ass wiped?
Argentina win ohh!!!

anybody that wants to place a bet should contact me.

if they beat us anything less than 5-0?
Messi will not show mercy. he will score a hatrick
i rest my case till saturday
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by otokx(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2008
i really wish we could win but unless the Lord comes down to play football it might not come to pass.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by RiffRaff: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2008
This room is filled with bunch of nigeria soccer fanatics decieving each other.
he go soon ka for your eyes like carnival. grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Aussie(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2008
@ riff-raff,
Noo mind them. Very soon, they will wake from their day-dreams.

Where is Seun Osewa? Let's hear his own prediction.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by alex406(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2008
Why are you peeps beefing over Argie? Its Nigerian turn to shine so go to hell with your ideas.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hollandis(f): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2008
Riff-Raff:

Argentina win ohh!!!

Wish you said that close by or within a hand distance

ohhhhh if wishes were horses
up 9ja
final score
greenwhitegreen= 5
bluewhiteblue=0
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by twiggy21: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2008
"The fear of messi is the beginning of wisdom", LOL. But seriously, those of u who are already screaming gold 4 naija, either don't know, or underestimate, the abilities of lionel messi, or the Argentines 4 that matter. and they've got some other big names in there too. the way i see it, it could come down 2 an individual's moment of brilliance, if the game becomes a tight affair. and in that dept, they've got the edge.i really want naija 2 win, as they 've shown that they are a good side. but so are the Argentines, and that phenomenon called messi
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2008
Hollandis,

Why are u this stupid. Are males called whores. Check my id fool. I am not in your class so how am i seeking attention. You are a deluded slowpoke and a complete retard. Your IQ must be lower than that of a Billy. Nuff said.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bgees(m): 12:23pm On Aug 20, 2008
the edge ARG have over us is not just in quality but also in experience. and there is also the ''messi'' factor.

the boys should believe and show determination.

compared to ARG we might be short on quality and experience,BUT WE ARE NOT SHORT ON DETERMINATION AND PERSONAL BELIEF.

GO AND DIE ON THE FIELD BOYS!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Jids(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2008
Riff-Raff:

Argentina win ohh!!!

You are such a sick crazy fool for posting such a thing. I presume you are not a Nigerian and should you are; sorry man, YOU MUST BE A BASTARD
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
Jids:

You are such a sick crazy fool for posting such a thing. I presume you are not a Nigerian and should you are; sorry man, YOU MUST BE A BASTARD

Why are you guys so uncultured. Must everyone agree on the same point. Must everybody wish Nigeria wins. After the victory of Atlanta how many of our so called players featured 4 years after then at the top flight.
Fatusi ended his career at 22,Tijani babngida nko,garba nko, Ronaldo Da lima is still playing,Roberto carlos is still playing Rivaldo is still playing. Save for kanu, where are the rest.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Jids(m): 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
nyabinghi:

Why are you guys so uncultured. Must everyone agree on the same point. Must everybody wish Nigeria wins. After the victory of Atlanta how many of our so called players featured 4 years after then at the top flight.
Fatusi ended his career at 22,Tijani babngida nko,garba nko, Ronaldo Da lima is still playing,Roberto carlos is still playing Rivaldo is still playing. Save for kanu, where are the rest.

Is that y u r wishing my beloved country such a bad luck. Your mentality is too low to be on this site.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by alex406(m): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2008
(nyabinghi)Only God knows how you will be reacting when your wife pisses you off,your character is uncalled for.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Arctic(m): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2008
Even the Argentinian Coach has admitted the Nigerian team will be hard to beat so why should anyone think we are underdogs.

From Goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=826036

Argentine national team coach Sergio Batista admitted that his side "trampled all over Brazil" in their emphatic 3-0 victory in the semi-finals of the Olympic Games on Tuesday,

We played with intelligence and personality," stated Batista after Argentina's sensational victory courtesy of two goals from Sergio Aguero and another from team captain Juan Roman Riquelme.

"We are celebrating this victory that is very important for us, and now we are thinking about Nigeria, who will be very difficult rivals," affirmed the coach, in reference to the side Argentina will face in the gold medal match of the Olympic Games.

Nigeria thrashed Belgium 4-1 in the other semi-final on Tuesday, and have yet to be defeated in the tournament.

"Nigeria will be a complicated team, but for now we are enjoying the victory over Brazil," insisted Batista, who will be hoping to get revenge over the Africans after having lost the decider in the Atlanta Olympics of 1996.

Despite being asked questions about their opponents in the final, Nigeria, Batista preferred to talk about their victory over Brazil, a result that he said makes Argentine football fans "very happy."

"We have learnt that we have to be patient with Brazil, we shouldn't attack them, because that way it is easy for them to hurt us," he stated. "Today we trampled all over them."
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by neowelsh(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2008
oh let it green, its green ohoooh, oh let it green it green cant you see,
we gonna paint the stadium green. Nigeria beating Argentina 3-1
all hail Nigerians,
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by cgift(m): 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2008
my only consolation is that FC Barcelona did not win all tournaments despite the star-studded team. What about that? Nobody on the Argentine's squad has three legs or two heads ke?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hollandis(f): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2008
Wow! nyabinghi is such a dumbass iya iya o. His need for attention is just beyond pathetic. A very immature thing like him who has no sense of decency much more a grasp of reality.
Boooooooooooooooooooo!
Alaroro
Shame
Get off with your whorish publicity seeking humor
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by InnocentC(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2008
It is really a big one I must confess!
But I am a Nigerian and believe so much in Nigeria's course, therefore Nigeria will beat Argentina come Saturday. Don't 4get that it is not easy to beat a man twice. It is 'Ogbuke Obasi vs Messi'

But I want to call on Nigerians to wake up and play the international politics associated with Soccer, it is time to alert FIFA about the officiating because if nothing is done it will be one sided.
So let us complain now than to complain and cry after the match, there is still time.
And pls don't 4get to pray 4 the boys; PAYER answers all thing.
Good luck to all Nigerians!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by cgift(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2008
Innocent C:

But I want to call on Nigerians to wake up and play the international politics associated with Soccer, it is time to alert FIFA about the officiating because if nothing is done it will be one sided.
So let us complain now than to complain and cry after the match, there is still time.

send us FIFa's preseident email and phone numbers.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Shibrino(f): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2008
GOD OF MIRACLE na our papa o o , Yes HE can not forsake Nigeria at this time. I am positive that with HIM all things are POSSIBLE. Nigeria, go and get the goal for the GOLD. God is with you. No shaking. 11-11, man to man.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
Hollandis,

Why not Nigeriadis, Stupid son of a LovePeddler. Why not ask your fore bearers, how u were brought into your scummy world,Asshole

Jids,

You are an uneducated fellow. What are u celebrating in your mediocre life. Some Mothers do have them, laff catch me, the idiot said his beloved Nigeria and he criticizes other people who have diverse opinion to what he has. In any popularity contest i will dust you lots hands down.
You sulk, common bastards come level with me. Una papa and mama
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by sesan99(m): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
match time is 5pm not 5am, is going to be a good game i wish the boys loads of luck
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by efelestus(m): 3:19pm On Aug 20, 2008
This so called Nyangbini, what is your beef against Nigerians. I feel you are jealous because your country can not be found on the world map. If you can only redirect your energy and rheotric towards the advancement of your country! Ohm! You'll be a star. Mind you, a lot of you (Gh) are trying to identify themselves as Nigerians these days.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by derint(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2008
Um please how can I watch this in the US. I don't ever get to see the football matches.
They're always showing swimming and gymnastics.

I am in the US. eastern time.

The only Nigerian I have seen so far is Segun Toriola in table tennis. He defeated the US. man  by the way. He has advanced.

You can see the match on CNBC 12 midnight sat. 23
Dont mix up the time so you have to be up friday night,
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by rubi(f): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2008
Argentina can't stop us - Siasia

Under-23 team coach, Samson Siasia, has said that Nigeria is going for the gold medal in the men’s football event of the ongoing 29th Olympiad.

The team beat Belgium 4-1 in their semifinal match on Tuesday to reach the final and will take on Argentina on Saturday. Argentina, propelled by Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, humiliated Brazil 3-0 in the second semifinal game also on Tuesday.

Siasia said the team had achieved the expected balance that is needed to win the gold medal. The former Super Eagles striker said he was afraid of engaging Argentina in the final.

“We struggled in the first three games and eventually the team gelled in the quarterfinals and also in this game.

“I appreciate what the boys have done and this is absolutely wonderful for Nigeria. To get this far is not easy and we are going to work hard to win the gold medal.

“This is the same team that won silver at the Holland 2005 World Youth Championship for Nigeria and this time we are going for gold. We don’t care who we are playing.”

On how the team was able to win the game easily, Siasia said that the team studied the tape of Belgium’s previous games.

“We knew they had a key player in the middle and we put Sani Kaita on him and he did the job well, while we operated from the wings to open up the game and find our way to goal.

“The defenders have been wonderful. We had some differences when they were all not playing well but now they are more focused and determined to go all the way,” he said.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by crazylegs(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2008
If I wasn't Nigerian, I'd predict a 4-2 win in favour of the Argentinians. Nigeria is sure to score, but they are even surer to concede.

But. . .  God of miracles, na my papa oh!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bigfather(m): 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2008
All you HATERS ! Arg nor carry iron tie for leg o ! Na so una bad mouth us during ATLANTA 96 but we came out tops trashing them like shit. As far as am concerned, if the boys can give a good fight with total detemination,then victory is ours ! tongue
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2008
Efelestus,

You are another clownish character. Check my profile to see if i am not more of a nigerian than you are. The Administrator of this thread seems to be sleeping. Why not educate this fools that there is diversity of opinions. Dayokanu please help educate these morons,hannibal u could also give a helping hand.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by amaechijay: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2008
If we win the Gold Medal, then Mikel would have made one of the gravest mistake of his life.

Serves him and his advisers right
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Mmuo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2008
Please who can tell us the exacttime cos many are saying its 5pm.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by icemann(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2008
Any body get Argentina football team list 4 this olympics?
Abeg post am make we see te people we go meet
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by amaechijay: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2008
If we win the Gold Medal, then Mikel would have made one of the gravest mistake of his life.

Serves him and his advisers right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Ronaldo Shares Training Pictures To Announce His Return From Injury / Julius Aghahowa Celebrates His 37th Birthday / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.