Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,070 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? (808 Views)

Obafemi Martins Retires From Playing For Nigeria / Africa Born Footballers Playing For Non-african Countries / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by jumobi1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
And winning medals for them?? I know some of them were born there and what not, but I doubt if I was born in America, I would play for the team. Just my opinion.
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by onyinye2(f): 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2008
They should go where they will be paid, recognized, and supported. So when i see a Nigerian person running for France, Italy, Portugal, Great Britain, United States, and so on and so forth, more power to them.
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by jumobi1(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yea. I guess its really the country's/govts fault for making people leave Nigeria, It's all love,
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by powderPink(f): 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
to poster
Be as sick as you want , do you know to be an athletes is not easy, when their country don't sponsor, or help them reach the level that they need to take part in competitions then you can expect to see people who love their sport and have a passion for it , go running, cycling or whatever else for other countries. Watching the games yesterday Great Britain actually spent like 2 billion on their swimming team alone.  To do what these sports people do is not a solo thing, money comes into years of fitness. so stop being 'sick' you hear ''Ndo''
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by EloSela(f): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Poster
It is a full time job/career to be an athlete in America or Britain. They get paid real salaries, get free healthcare for any sports injuries that they may incur. When they win and become world champions they also have a very good chance of attracting millions of dollars or pounds in endorsements. Now what does one get when they become a full time/career athlete in Nigeria?
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by Uche2nna(m): 9:45pm On Aug 19, 2008
EloSela:

@Poster
It is a full time job/career to be an athlete in America or Britain. They get paid salaries, get free healthcare for any sports injuries that they may incur. When they win and become world champions they also have a very good chance of attraction millions of dollars or pounds in endorsements. Now what would does one get when they become a full time/career athlete in Nigeria?

Probably become an agbero at Mile 2 or Oshodi. Government support is non existent
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by TheSly: 9:57pm On Aug 19, 2008
EloSela:

@Poster
It is a full time job/career to be an athlete in America or Britain. They get paid salaries, get free healthcare for any sports injuries that they may incur. When they win and become world champions they also have a very good chance of attraction millions of dollars or pounds in endorsements. Now what would does one get when they become a full time/career athlete in Nigeria?
20k a month = $180 which a truck driver will not accept in the state! cheesy
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by iice(f): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2008
Am happy jare. They deserve it. If your passion and talent is not gilded and so on, then it dies eventually.
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by dudubobo1: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2008
If na you nko, you go run for naija? after the competition you go come begin chase molue to go Lagos Island
Re: Am I The Only One Sick And Tired Of African Athletes Playing For Europe? by MrCrackles(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2008
what a thread!

person no sick and tired of the state of Nigeria and Africa, na sick and tired becoz of the African Athletes wey don find them square root! grin

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger Blasts Poor Wembley Pitch After Arsenal Defeat / Insant Hummer Jeep For The Winner / Octopus For Sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.