Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama (723 Views)

Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Addressing Panel At Stock Market Probe - Live / Ndi Okereke–Onyiuke’s Fraudulent PH.d - Shock / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama by tundewoods(m): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2008
Recently, a full paged newspaper advertisement by an organisation, Africans for Obama ’08, for a dinner/concert was published. The advert was signed, amongst others, by Dr. (Mrs.) Ndi Okereke-Onyuike OON, as Chairman, Africans for Obama.

The Dinner has since been held but the effects and implications are just about to unfold especially since the objectives of the Group and the dinner/concert is to raise funds for the Barack Obama Campaign in the United States of America, now what actually baffles me and has got me so perplexed is “ Why on earth a Nigerian group now decides to start raising money after Barack Obama has clichéd the primaries ticket, I guess you may find this baffling too right ?

Now checkout the ridiculous cost of the so called dinner tickets that were sold in the category of Platinum (Corporate table for eight people for N2.5m and individual N325,000. For the gold category, the ticket was sold for N2m for corporate table of eight and N275,000 for an individual.

Your bet is as good as mine, the dinner was a success with gullible Nigerians parting with such a hefty sum all in the name of “supporting Obama”
However in a swift reaction, the campaign organization of the Democratic Party‘s candidate for the November 2008 United States presidential election, Senator Barack Obama, has dissociated itself from the activities of a Nigeria-based group, Africa for Obama.

The letter disowning Ndi Okereke's Africans for Obama.

The campaign organisation said in a letter to the Editor, PUNCH online, that it was doing so based on an advertisement that the Nigerian group was organizing a fundraiser for Obama.

However Okereke-Onyiuke sensing the storm also swiftly responded and said the event organised by ‘Africa for Obama’ was not aimed at raising funds for Obama but to sensitise Africans living in America.
The NSE chief said, ”At no time did we say we were raising money for Obama. No this is rather pathetic and in my opinion the anticipated reply considering that the average Nigerian will defend his wrong or better put evil doings even when its obvious that he or she has erred.

Ndi continued by saying that
what they are saying is that Obama is for the world and he has been getting support from Europeans, from Arabs and from all over and Nigerians should not be different. Please can you explain anything sensible in the above statement quoted to her.While her next line below will certainly knock you below the waist line as the highly placed corporate openly admitted that the money being raised was not for Obama according to her own words ;
“We are not collecting money for Obama” .

according to her they are just mobilizing people who are eligible voters to go out and register and vote for Obama.
Now what rubbish, if mobilizing is about selling dinner tickets for sums ranging from 2 – 3 million naira per table to gullible money bags way back in Nigeria.
Then i challenge the noble and respected corporate woman that she and her cohorts are simply robbing in the name Obama.

Re: Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama by madamkoko: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2008
This post belongs in the SCAMMERS SECTION.

WHAT A slowpoke OF A WOMAN.
Re: Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama by 1luvkipsus: 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2008
I wonder why ugly people always do ugly things. As ugly and fat as that woman is, I had thought she would be a bit sensible. Very ugly thing. And the ever smart and garrulous Yorubas dominate this stupid group of idiots.
Re: Robin 'Ndi Okereke' Hood : Robbing In The Name Of Obama by dominique(f): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2008
@ topic
whats 'robin hood' about ndiot, robin hood steals from the rich an gives to the poor, is obama poor and needy? the whole concept is just another reminder that we dont really know our priorities in this country, wasting money on useless frivolities. may God help us.

(1) (Reply)

Mr. President, Ribadu, Nigerians And The Police. / Efcc Arrests Ladoja / Beechcraft 1900 Aircraft Belonging To Wings Aviation Found!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.