Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects (715 Views)

Lagos Power Projects Receives Boost With Transformer Plant / FG To Begin Inspection Of Power Projects / 'Batman' To Launch Power Projects In Nigeria - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by bluehorizo(m): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2008
The Federal Government yesterday  signed a Memo-randum of Understanding with Germany to improve power supply. The agreement will empower Germany to execute various power supply projects in different parts of Nigeria, to enable the supply of 6,500 megawatts of electricity between now and 2020.

Germany is also expected to expand existing dams, rehabilitate substations and build new power plants in different parts of the country.
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua after signing the MoU at the State House, said the agreement was entered into as a culmination of the diligence and dedication demonstrated by members of the two delegations that negotiated the partnership.
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=120209
Re: Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2008
Until money changes hands, this is not news at all.
A memorandum of understanding is not even a contract. It's nothing.
Re: Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by vigasimple(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
I like anything progressive and should be commended.

However, my instinct tells me that this particular 'mou/deal' was done because of affinity between Yar A'dull  and Germany especially since this is where he goes everywhere he need medical treatment.

Where is our comprehensive energy policy. This is 6500MW at best to be ready in 2020. That is 12 years from here.

Even if we just grow at a small percentage population wise, that 6500mw will just be 'growth factor'

What happen to the public enquiry that takes several weeks and 100 days declaration of emergency which took over 365days.

This president have not got any handle on running this country properly. he exhibit all the hallmark of people before him, visionless and he goes further, clueless.

He has spent over 15months and I, for one cannot see any direction.

Power need a comprehensive analysis, of what we have, what we need and how we are going to pay for it and finally how we are going to let the private sector run it as a proper business.

Government has no business in business especially with our track record.

This is another example of lack of clue on Long term national planning.

Apart from corruption, power/energy/electricity is our major problem that will take our economy to the next level. Until there is clarity of purpose and ordinary person on the street can understand it, we may just be pouring water inside a woven basket. I suspect some of the officials with their own hidden agenda are simply encouraging the President to do something without thinking through longtime.
Re: Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2008
**Cough*** the 15 Months in office where spent "PLANNING" For Nigeria 2020 dream (a plan which is likely to be scrapped by the next administration, and so on and so forth) . grin
Re: Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by grafikdon: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
Kobojunkie:

**Cough*** the 15 Months in office where spent "PLANNING" For Nigeria 2020 dream (a plan which is likely to be scrapped by the next administration, and so on and so forth) . grin

grin grin grin The great planners. . .

We just love to spin in circles. . . ''Illusion 2020'' .We've heard it all before. Please give us ''Reality 2008/2009'' grin grin
Re: Nigeria, Germany Partner On 6,500mw Power Projects by vigasimple(m): 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2008
REALITY 2008/2009   and 10 years national plan is what we need

and not this Illusion 2020 soundbite.

So, Mr yar A'dull want to give us  6,500MW in 2020 when we need at least 50,000MW right away. I am very convinced that this PDP failure of

[b]P[/b]eople [b]D[/b]estruction [b]P[/b]arty manifesto will continue.

(1) (Reply)

The Dismantling Of Obasanjo / Remember What I Said About The Nigerian Stocks? I Told You So / Obama Accepts Nomination As Democrat Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.