Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,841 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? (725 Views)

Fashola On Inspection Tour Of Ministry Of Power, Works & Housing Project / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by pip4wealth(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2008
I don't need to tell you the bad experience you and I are going through in Nigeria when Nepa situation, sorry i mean PHCN situation is concerned. It's even got to the stage that Government don't know what to do to solve the problem. In fact there are so many alternatives to PHCN power supply. However, the only alternative that you and I know continue to make money for the suppliers of such business. it has even come to the stage that one has started thinking along the line of some people who believe that Fed Govt is doing politics with power supply. This class of people believes that if govt is being sincere with nepa situation we could have got solution to the problem. They believe that some power brokers are making cool money from the business of selling mechanical generator that you and I know like the back of our hand.

However, the question that continue to border my mind is that is mechanical generator the best alternative to power problem in Nigeria considering the disturbing noise it always generates, the cost of fueling,and servicing it. I'm sure you will want to know more about this topic and also make contribution to this thread, please visit www.powerseminar.netfirms.com and let me here from you.
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by pip4wealth(m): 9:45am On Aug 26, 2008
There is need for us to tackle this topic once and for all. I need your contribution to this discussion. To make your contribution please first visit www.powerseminar.netfirms.com . It is my belief that this topic will go a long way to open your eyes to the need for alternative power supply.
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by pip4wealth(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2008
How come nobody reply me! I need to hear from you
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 9:46pm On Aug 30, 2008
Hello Brother

Please be advised that the above topic has been touched on so many times and we are all fed up

Nothing personal or insult directed towards the poster

Later
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2008
a tired no!
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2008
Electrical power can be generated by an ingenious  contraption consisting of a palm-wine tapper's bicycle with the back tire removed from the wheel rim, and replaced with a fan belt which in turn is connected to rotate a 20KVA alternator.

Members of the household can then take turns peddling the bike while those who are "off duty" can watch TV and sit in front of the air-conditioner and fan to cool off in preparation for their own rotating shift peddling the domestic power station.  The beauty of this set-up is that the bicycle can quickly be re-configured into a road-worthy and fuel efficient means of transport for the whole family whenever Nigeria experiences fuel shortages. 

With widespread adoption this new technology by Nigerian households, diesel and petrol generators would inevitably become obsolete and stigmatized as crutches for the weak physically infirm dregs of society.
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by SkyBlue1: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2008
LOL  cheesy @Jakumo you sound grumpy, abi is it your turn to pedal in your house? Enjoy your "shift" and remember your want to keep a good rythm going so that your feet don't get tired too soon.
Re: Is Mechanical Generator D Best Solution To D Problem Of Power supply In Nigeria? by pip4wealth(m): 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2008
Jakumo, I'm highly surprised that there are people like you in this forum who have
time for meaningless post where everybody in the forum is trying to share valuable
information. My advice is this: if you have nothing serious to write keep your rubbish
to yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Mr. President, Ribadu, Nigerians And The Police. / Beechcraft 1900 Aircraft Belonging To Wings Aviation Found! / Psc Makes U Turn, Promotes Late Iwendi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.